• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

alex.nem. said:

Yes, typic american work, i 'am sorry - it seems to be very far from Tolkiens world.

I don't know what that means. Did you mean 1940's Britain? A collegiate setting? Should Thorin be wearing a tweed suit? Or do you mean  to say that it is very far from Alan Lee and John Howe's idea of Tolkien's fictitious world?

#22 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:58 AM

alex.nem. said:

Yes, typic american work, i 'am sorry - it seems to be very far from Tolkiens world.

You might wanna watch what you say, thats almost discriminatory.

It's a great picture, better than some other artwork I have seen for LotR.

#23 Tiziano

Tiziano

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

alex.nem. said:

Yes, typic american work

Funny, since I'm Italian.

I'm curious though, what do you see as ' very far from Tolkien's work'?  As an illustrator, Professor Tolkien works were rather stylized, my style is definitely more realistic, in that we are definitely 'far' from one another.

If you mean that that's not how you visualize that specific scene out of The Hobbit, well, you have every right, of course, every individual reader (and illustrator) 'sees' things differently when reading. But if in your opinion some things are off with regards to the text itself and Professor Tolkien's vision, well, I'd like to know what your objections are,and elaborate on my choices.  

jgt7771 thank you! Yes, Drunken Hallucinations is one of mine, and yes, I did paint one of the enemies for Lord of the Rings. I'm not at liberty of being more precise, at the moment, due to the non-disclosure agreement I'm bound to.

And again thank you to all commenters, sorry for any belated answer, I had a pending deadline.

#24 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Happy Holidays!

TIZIANO: Can you share more of your art with us?

#25 Tiziano

Tiziano

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:17 AM

Happy holydays to you too!

And yes, now I can. :-)

#26 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:29 AM

alex.nem. said:

What an idiotic, ill-informed statement.

Also, the word you're (presumably) looking for is "typical."

#27 Rathmaker

Rathmaker

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

Beatiful looking painting as well.  It is very close to the image I have in my head of Thorin over the years.  I guess that makes my imagination "typical American"....

Please keep posting more of these when you are able to!!

Good gaming to all of you!

#28 Enies

Enies

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

That some sweet looking art, looking forward to see more of your work here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS