Jump to content



Photo

FAQ / Clarifications on Guide & Vault Products and the WFRP Release Schedule


  • Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 Darrett

Darrett

    Member

  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:48 AM

I wonder how much more it would be to buy a large order of custom cut dice, or simply create a custom set with a Dremel and standard dice.

 

I have all the dice I need, but it might be something to look into.



#102 ffgfan

ffgfan

    Member

  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

willmanx said:

Dices in the player vault AND in the GM vault should be great.

There are no dices in the Players Vault!!! And the GM Vault has only 12 ot them.



#103 Gallows

Gallows

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

 I don't know who decided the amount of dice in a dice pack, but I think it's reasonable to say it's someone who hasn't played the game. 

 

They should make two dice packs

 

Challenge pack:

2 challenge dice

4 misfortune dice

4 fortune dice

 

Skill pack:

1 expertise dice

3 characteristic dice

2 reckless dice

2 conservative dice

2 fortune dice

 

OR just make players packs (a reckless pack and a conservative pack)

3 Expertise dice

6 reckless dice or conservative dice

6 characteristic dice

3 fortune dice

2 misfortune dice

4 challenge dice

 



#104 Ehron

Ehron

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

ffgfan said:

willmanx said:

 

Dices in the player vault AND in the GM vault should be great.

 

 

There are no dices in the Players Vault!!! And the GM Vault has only 12 ot them.

You didn't read his posting properly. He used the word "should".



#105 Ehron

Ehron

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

Gallows said:

 I don't know who decided the amount of dice in a dice pack, but I think it's reasonable to say it's someone who hasn't played the game. 

 

They should make two dice packs 

One would be enough. The same buildup they used in the core set.



#106 Gallows

Gallows

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

Ehron said:

 

Gallows said:

 

 I don't know who decided the amount of dice in a dice pack, but I think it's reasonable to say it's someone who hasn't played the game. 

 

They should make two dice packs 

 

 

One would be enough. The same buildup they used in the core set.

 

 

 

Actually with the core set the mix isn't right either. As soon as players start getting past rank 2 you get real issues with black dice. It would be better with different packs so you could just buy what you need. I have three players and we have the core dice plus three dice packs and we don't have enough expertise dice, black dice and purple dice.

 

At rank 3 where we are now every player really needs:

6 characteristics

6 reckless/conservative dice

4 expertise

8 fortune dice (common with card combos and fortune points for our iron breaker)

8 misfortune dice

4 challenge dice

 

The GM needs slightly more than that, when the players face some difficult NPCs/Monsters.

 

Everything is SO much faster when every player has the dice he needs so he can build his dice pool while waiting for his turn and just add a bit to it. Speeds up combat by over 100%

 

 



#107 Sunatet

Sunatet

    Member

  • Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I agree with Gallows.

 

FFG should come out with something more usefull than their current unbalanced dice packs, that you buy, and buy, and can't get enough of the dice you want.

 

Player's, and GM's packs would be great.

Vault's were the good starting point for that, but the opportunity was wasted...

 

With the core set, 8 dice packs, and now GM's Vault (I was so disappointed and mad when I opened this one, that I left the stuff for a few hours before opening the other boxes) I finally have enough Blue, Red, and Green dice to start throwing them at my players (Yay! A head shot!), but still lack in the field of Black and Purple (I like shareless play).



#108 Lomack1978

Lomack1978

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hi guys,

Would you eb so kind as to give me yoru advice?

I'm thinkign of getting WFRP £4rd ed - and startimg a campaing with some freinds.

I like the idea of the new guides - since they are restructued and have the easy reference for all skills etc.

 

My quesiton is - CAN i start to play the game buyign separate books / guides - RATHER than the core set.

(Please ignore the issue of dice lets leave that separate - and just assuem I can get all the special dice I need 'somehow')

 

Will a players guide, and Gm's guide give me everythign I need to play as if I had bought the Core Box?

 



#109 Gallows

Gallows

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Lomack1978 said:

Hi guys,

Would you eb so kind as to give me yoru advice?

I'm thinkign of getting WFRP £4rd ed - and startimg a campaing with some freinds.

I like the idea of the new guides - since they are restructued and have the easy reference for all skills etc.

 

My quesiton is - CAN i start to play the game buyign separate books / guides - RATHER than the core set.

(Please ignore the issue of dice lets leave that separate - and just assuem I can get all the special dice I need 'somehow')

 

Will a players guide, and Gm's guide give me everythign I need to play as if I had bought the Core Box?

 

 

If you conjure up the dice from the great unknown it will still be cheaper to get the core set, rather than the guides and vaults.



#110 GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

    Member

  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

Lomack1978 said:

Will a players guide, and Gm's guide give me everythign I need to play as if I had bought the Core Box?

Supposedly yes, you don't have to play with any of the cards, tokens, stand-ups that come in the vaults or Core Set. 

I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, and I think the game is much better with those pieces. If you want to play the game withs all the cards, etc then you'd need to buy the vaults or the Core Set.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS