FAQ / Clarifications on Guide & Vault Products and the WFRP Release Schedule

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Waxfire

Waxfire

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

Will either the GM's Vault or GM's Guide include the GM's Screen? It doesn't seem to be indicated in either and if it isn't, where will it be available after the GM's Toolkit sells out?

Speaking of which, the Toolkits are currently listed as being reprinted, is this true or are they in fact being reprinted as the Guide and Vault?

Thanks!

#22 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

ynnen said:

Q: If I have the Core Set will I need the Player's Guide?
A: No, although the rules have been updated with our recent FAQ and may be clearer in some areas, there is no new rules or information.

Q: So what does the Player's Guide offer over the player information from the Core Set?
A: We have condensed all the information from the cards and careers of sets up to and through the "Signs of Faith" product for easy reference, and there are rules for playing WFRP "Lite" (i.e. without components, for those that prefer this method). This includes action cards, talents, career abilitiesvirtually all of the player-focused content released so far. Also, the Player's Guide features some new examples and diagrams, as well as some clarifications and streamlined organization.

Q: How about the GM's Guide?
A: If you own the Core Set, you'll not need the GM's guide to play WFRP. The GM's Guide, like the Players' Guide, does provide for detailed lookup tables for a number of game elements. For example, there are complete charts and tables for some effects currently managed by decks of cards, providing both a handy reference, as well as a means to play the game using more traditional means.

Ok, I would like to have an anwser did I get things right. I readed the new FAQ and I would like to know If I get it all right.

Those new format book are just the optional version of the core set + winds of magic book + signs of faith book (without the Tzeentch and Nurgle books). There is nothing new in those just all the material gathered in one place. So if You have the core set there is no need to buy GM Guide, GM Vaults, Players Guide and Players Vaults. Only if You want to play the Lite version of the game.

The new stuff will be only in Creatures Guide and Creatures Vaults.

ynnen said:

Q: How about future supplements?
A: These will be released in the same way that we have released our supplements to date (such as "The Gathering Storm" and "Winds of Magic") including both the rules, source materials, and components in one box

The other game titles will be still in the old format - one box with cards and books just like The Gathering Storm was.

There will be no new books in the new format - it is only made for the optional version of the core set. So next year I hope there will no such suprise like this.

ynnen said:

Also, if you're going to be attending GenCon, be sure to attend the Small But Vicious Seminar on Saturday (details available at our booth), where I will be presenting more information about the product line and answering questions.

So I can hope that after GenCon we will see a video of this seminar so everybody can watch it a know what is going on.

to Waxfare - I don't think that GM Vaults will include GM screen. There is nothing mentioned about it, so no. And Jay said that publishing GM Vaults and Guide does not mean that older titles are canceled or will be not published. So the GM Toolkit will be back in stock I think.

#23 Amketch

Amketch

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Can we have a clear answer to if we need the Creatures Guide and Creatures Vault or if the Vault contains all the information.

#24 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

Amketch said:

Can we have a clear answer to if we need the Creatures Guide and Creatures Vault or if the Vault contains all the information.

It looks like this is the only book with new stuff from all those in new format. And the Creatures Guide is the book with all the info, and the Creatures Vaults is the expansion of those on cards, stan ups and sheets.

#25 RabidWookie

RabidWookie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Will the Player's Vault contain all of the player material from the Core Set, Signs of Faith, and WInds of Magic?  If so, why would anyone buy those previous sets?

#26 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

RabidWookie said:

Will the Player's Vault contain all of the player material from the Core Set, Signs of Faith, and WInds of Magic?  If so, why would anyone buy those previous sets?

Just the information on cards as easy reference. just the card information not what is actually printed in the respective books. So yeah you still need those books to play....

#27 HedgeWizard

HedgeWizard

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

RabidWookie said:

It seems it will contain ALL of the careers, action cards, etc. from all of the releases so far + Signs of Faith. It will not contain the rules for play; just the components that would allow any player to join a group that uses the components.

#28 commoner

commoner

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Other questions still unanswered. 

+12 on the creature vault problem.  I'd really like an answer there as well. 

1) Will the player vault also include the signs of faith, winds of magic, adventurer's toolkit,  cards and chits.  If so, why should I buy the Signs of Faith if I soon will get those in the 2 new vaults.  

#29 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

commoner said:

1) Will the player vault also include the signs of faith, winds of magic, adventurer's toolkit,  cards and chits.  If so, why should I buy the Signs of Faith if I soon will get those in the 2 new vaults.  

Well, for one thing the Player's Vault description doesn't mention anything about the Nurgle part of SoF.

#30 Bugboy

Bugboy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

macd21 said:

commoner said:

Well, for one thing the Player's Vault description doesn't mention anything about the Nurgle part of SoF.

Which, of course if you were patient and just waited another 7 or 8 months you could probably get anyway as part of a Ruinous Powers Guide/Vault.

#31 jeffeoff

jeffeoff

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

DongMaster said:

Since I do not need anything, the collector in me takes over:

I am getting all of this!

You and me both!

#32 sudden real

sudden real

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Bugboy said:

Which, of course if you were patient and just waited another 7 or 8 months you could probably get anyway as part of a Ruinous Powers Guide/Vault.

I'm thinking they'll release a Guide/Vault combo every time they finish a certain cycle. If they have brought out boxes for all the Ruinous powers, they'll bring out one for Chaos, and they'll probably bring out a complete races Guide/Vault combining the Dwarven, Elven and (here's hoping) Halfling sourcebox.

#33 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

jeffeoff said:

DongMaster said:

Since I do not need anything, the collector in me takes over:

I am getting all of this!

You and me both!

I got the same problem - I'ma huge fan and I got collectors soul so I will buy all of this. I just don't know how my walet will servive the fal of this year.

Oh, and Players and GM Guide/ Vaults has no material on the Ruinius Powers so there will be no Tzeentch and Nurgle or Khorne info in it. And I will say that what I think  Ynnen's  said in his FAQ and how I understanded him : all other expansions are still going to be published in the old version. So there will be no new format adventures or expansions! This new format is just the optional version of the Core Set and nothing more!

So I don't think that after the 7 or 8 months You will see other books in new format.

#34 42!

42!

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

ffgfan said:

And I will say that what I think  Ynnen's  said in his FAQ and how I understanded him : all other expansions are still going to be published in the old version. So there will be no new format adventures or expansions! This new format is just the optional version of the Core Set and nothing more!

So I don't think that after the 7 or 8 months You will see other books in new format.

THIS I'd like to see confirmed or not.

If it's mainly just the "beginning" core stuff that's being released in 2 formats and everything after that as normal (or with a hefty delay) then I won't fear an edition war where "lite" rules may outcompete the "as originally intended" rules so much.

Though it would also mean that the books in the new boxes would have to have all the information printed twice ie. both "lite" and "as originally intended" or we'll have to listen to endless complaints from "lite" groups that they have to wait for their version of adventures etc.

#35 Ravenheart87

Ravenheart87

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Well, this announcement proved, that if we're loud, FFG will try to do what they can to please us... I think if there's a need for it, we'll see next year's material in the same guide/vault format too. :)

#36 ozean

ozean

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

42! said:

ffgfan said:

And I will say that what I think  Ynnen's  said in his FAQ and how I understanded him : all other expansions are still going to be published in the old version. So there will be no new format adventures or expansions! This new format is just the optional version of the Core Set and nothing more!

THIS I'd like to see confirmed or not.

As I read the FAQ this has been confirmed:

A: These will be released in the same way that we have released our supplements to date (such as "The Gathering Storm" and "Winds of Magic") including both the rules, source materials, and components in one box

Or do you interpret this statement somehow differently?

#37 42!

42!

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

ozean said:

As I read the FAQ this has been confirmed:

Or do you interpret this statement somehow differently?

Reading it again no - I guess I just automatically expected that they'd also make "lite" versions of these as I can only imagine the loud complaints from "lite" fans when they realize they have to pay for bits they don't need in future boxes. If the answer to the faq holds true (and I don't see why it shouldn't) then I won't mind the HC "lite" versions also being available.

#38 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Ravenheart87 said:

Well, this announcement proved, that if we're loud, FFG will try to do what they can to please us... I think if there's a need for it, we'll see next year's material in the same guide/vault format too. :)

I don't think so. Read the FAQ once more.

There is written definitly that all other materials will still be in old format in boxes. So if I get things right it means that those are only new format books so this is a optional version of the core set and nothing more.

#39 Ravenheart87

Ravenheart87

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

It is written, but it can change. Who knows what will happen till next fall?

#40 plutonick

plutonick

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

Ravenheart87 said:

It is written, but it can change. Who knows what will happen till next fall?

I suppose Jay Little knows more than little.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS