New Dark Heresy Designer Diary: The New Knowledge... New Power

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Lightbringer

Lightbringer

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Very very exciting stuff. The cover of Blood of Martyrs is a very nice looking piece of new art, too, very cool!

It seems then that the plan is to do a series of "Clanbooks" a bit like the old White Wolf Vampire clanbooks, or even the old D&D Class books. What's interesting to me is the way that FFG seem to mix sourcebook info into every single publication. They don't do "pure" sourcebooks, they do player's guides/adventures that are packed full of background information. I imagine that this wil continue into these "classbooks," so we'll probably see quite a bit of Calixian-specific data on each. That's the stuff I love!

And one would imagine that as these forthcoming books cover Clerics/Scum/Arbites/Guardsmen, we'll probably see similar publications into 2012 for Psykers/Techpriests/Assassins/Sages too...All incredibly exciting.     

#22 Kyorou

Kyorou

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

It's... so... perfect. All my dreams are coming true... Now I now what being tempted by a Keeper of Secrets feels like.

I crave those damn books !!!  

#23 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

never lose faith good old FFG had me scared there for a while with no news updates cant wait for books with the rest of the careers as well XD

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition. Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#24 CodenameXXIII

CodenameXXIII

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

¿And what about Psykers, TechPriests and Sages?.  No any book is about them

#25 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

It will be interesting to see how many pages each book totals, and what the RRP will be for these. I have a niggling feel that they'll hurt the wallet too much to warrant getting all of them.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#26 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

there is no confirmed book for the other  careers but if i had to guess they will probably realese them the year after next in another "Knowlege is Power"

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition. Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#27 InfinityDoctor

InfinityDoctor

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

Imperial Guard!! Imperial Guard!! *does the happy dance*

Gaunt's Ghosts stylee campaign coming up....

#28 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

Kasatka said:

It will be interesting to see how many pages each book totals, and what the RRP will be for these.

The page count is comparable to the other supplements released by FFG. As for RRP, those are shown on the Knowledge is Power PDF, generally between $29-39, though I'm sure places like Amazon will be selling them for cheaper than that.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#29 csabesz

csabesz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

MILLANDSON said:

Kasatka said:

It will be interesting to see how many pages each book totals, and what the RRP will be for these.

The page count is comparable to the other supplements released by FFG. As for RRP, those are shown on the Knowledge is Power PDF, generally between $29-39, though I'm sure places like Amazon will be selling them for cheaper than that.

So the page count will be between 120-144 for the career and Ordo books, since these will sell for $40 (the 256-page books, like the Radical's Handbook and Ascension all trade for $50). I won't mind that page count if the books will be heavy on fluff and low on statistics and the like.

I figure the adventure books will follow the pattern of the Haarlock trilogy (60-70 pages for each).

Anyway, I'm really excited for these releases.  

#30 twist

twist

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Good-bye money can't wait till the fall

#31 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

csabesz said:

So the page count will be between 120-144 for the career and Ordo books, since these will sell for $40 (the 256-page books, like the Radical's Handbook and Ascension all trade for $50). I won't mind that page count if the books will be heavy on fluff and low on statistics and the like.

Probably about that. I've noticed FFG tend to stick with the same rough number of pages, and the prices generally reflect the page count.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#32 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

D'ya wonder if we'll get an answer to the question "Will the DH vehicle rules be the same as the RT vehicle rules"?

'Cause right now I don't know what's worse - waiting a year and a half to find out that they're the same, or waiting a year and a half to find out that they're completely different.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#33 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

D'ya wonder if we'll get an answer to the question "Will the DH vehicle rules be the same as the RT vehicle rules"?

'Cause right now I don't know what's worse - waiting a year and a half to find out that they're the same, or waiting a year and a half to find out that they're completely different.

I don't see how two different sets of vehicle rules could be developed for games that use the same mechanics unless the DH devs and the RT devs are forbidden from speaking with each other.

#34 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Snidesworth said:

I don't see how two different sets of vehicle rules could be developed for games that use the same mechanics unless the DH devs and the RT devs are forbidden from speaking with each other.

I could see them doing it very easily. That's not to say they will, or even would, but I'd rather just know in advance. It would be a real pain to have the group playing one set of vehicle rules for over a year and then suddenly get a different one.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#35 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Where is the emoticon that will let me "cabbage patch" to show my level of elation!!!!

Thanks Mack! This list is impressive....most impressive!

#36 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

CodenameXXIII said:

¿And what about Psykers, TechPriests and Sages?.  No any book is about them

Maybe there is an Adeptus book coming out that will cover all three down the road.

#37 Replicant253

Replicant253

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:16 AM

I hope the adventure trilogy is aimed at Ascension level characters.

#38 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Great news, cant wait, my credit card hates you all.

#39 Deimos

Deimos

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

What about the Mechanicus, Psykers or Adepts? No love for our more mental individuals?

#40 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

There's always 2012.

And you know already that the one we all want the most - Ad Mech - will be Q4 2012. 

BYE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS