• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Hank McCoy

Hank McCoy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/

Just found about this - looks like our wish for a Doomtown LCG-style game may be coming true with a Base Set releasing August 2014. Hope to find out more when Alderac presents at GAMA on Tuesday.

#42 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

I just see a login screen. Was there ever information?

#43 Hank McCoy

Hank McCoy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yep - they mentioned a Base Set coming August 2014.

Also this "Doomtown: Reloaded will feature exciting events at your local store for you and your posse! Will your Law Dogs maintain order in Gomorra, or will the Sloane Gang terrorize the citizens? Can the Morgan Cattle Company continue to expand, or will the machinations of the Fourth Ring throw everyone into chaos?"

#44 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Only one of those factions I recognize is Law Dogs.

#45 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Apparently some of the others are from a Doomtown related boardgame called Range Wars?  Didn't bother to read up on it honestly.

Anyway, Tuesday will be an exciting day I'm sure.  With 4 factions in the base set this seems to be a fixed content (i.e. - LCG type) product similar to R9E.  All their actual CCG have at least nine factions in them and they did four in the R9E box too.

I'm predicting that the base set will have four and they will do a followup expansion with two more.  Frankly, AEG needs a product like this I think.

#46 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

http://gamatradeshow...F-k=&tabid=2644

Page 36

It is the Weird West. It will have expansions and everything comes in one box.
  • Hank McCoy likes this

#47 Hank McCoy

Hank McCoy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

I am excited to see the new game cards have similar format to the original so we can use our original cards.

#48 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

So, Doomtown ECG by AEG has been announced! It's aeg's first lcg, but obviously can't use that name as it's owned by FFG.

#49 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Arguably, it's their second.  Romance of the Nine Empires is already out.  But I don't think they ever intended for that one to get ongoing releases in an open-ended fashion.  It's more like a card game with a couple expansions planned.

Doomtown: Reloaded seems to be more of a real LCG, which they are calling an ECG, and it does appear to be intended as an open-ended game.  They're claiming there will be organized play and stuff too.

I hope that AEG has learned from FFG's examples and will take their lessons to heart.

• Internutt and Hank McCoy like this

#50 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Sorry guys, but alderac has beaten you to the punch: AEG recently came out with DoomTown reloaded.

#51 Leviatan

Leviatan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

Sorry guys, but alderac has beaten you to the punch: AEG recently came out with DoomTown reloaded.

and slowbro just got an evolution ;)

#52 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

and slowbro just got an evolution ;)

yeah this is what i get for not reading all the posts in the thread...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS