Excel based Character Sheet

• Please log in to reply
847 replies to this topic

#41 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Memetix has stated they do not have the Inquisitor's handbook, so they need the relevant info fed to them through the email attached to the excel spreadsheet.

#42 NOR

NOR

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

I must be doing something wrong, I can't seem to find where to add the starting psychic powers of a Imperial Psyker?

What am I missing?

#43 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

NOR

As a Rogue Trader player, I had not realised how different the Imperial Psyker was to the Astropath, in that it gains powers with each increase in Psy rating. I need to have a think about how implement this as it is not a trivial fix I am afraid and will need changes to the load/save code as well as the data input sheet.

I will try to get an update out this week.....

#44 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

memetrix,

This sheet is truly impressive.  Thanks.  I am slowly preparing for a rogue trader game and will have all of my players using this.  If we find anything odd, we'll let you know.

#45 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for all the recent feedback.

I've just released 4.61 on the Dark Reign site. It includes a new "Powers" sheet to track Imperial Psyker powers and Disciplines and a bug fix to the stubjack background (Intimidate is a trained skill)

#46 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

You are the MAN!!! (I'm assuming)

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this sheet. It's one of the best character sheets I've ever used! I know that some of the D&D sheets are pretty complex compared to this, but you have some great features on yours, such as the down menus.

#47 smftie

smftie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

Great work!

Unfortunately I had a small issue with Tech-Priests: a lot of their talents require Mechanicus Implants, which is part of their starting package I believe.

As far as I can see the sheet is checking if the career is Explorator for this trait, i believe it should be Explorator or Tech-Priest.

Ie:

Career="Explorator"

should be

OR(Career="Explorator",Career="Tech-Priest")

on the Rogue Trade Table for the Validity of the Prerequisite for Mechanicus Implants.

#48 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:06 AM

Thanks smftie.

None of our group has played a Tech Priest so I haven't come across that bug before. I agree with your suggested fix and will roll out a new release fairly soon.

For those of you with Imperial Psyker characters, I'm afraid you'll need to transfer some data manually from the Talents sheet to the new Powers sheet when you first load in the old character. (Pre 4.61)

#49 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:15 AM

Version 4.62 is now online and fixes the Tech-Preist bug mentioned above.

I have been sent details from the Inquisitors handbook and may start work on some of that soon but it looks like a major rework in places to make it compatible.

#50 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

The BIG question ....

I'm about to embark on a major overhaul of the mechanics hidden within the spreadsheet in order to make implementation of the Inquisitor's handbook and Ascension possible.

As part of this work I am contemplating leaving the current release (4.62) as is. I.e. a code freeze on that set of functionality. If minor bugs are found I will continue to support version 4 for a while.

In the mean time version 5 will contain all the new changes. I propose to remove the "Official" rogue trader sheet (it just won't work at high levels) and the landscape sheet and focus on making the "Gothic" sheet work for all character levels/classes. The format of that sheet will support the concept of "master" skills sets and Paragon talent groups more easily.

Before I embark on this I would appreciate your input. I know there are lots of people using the sheet and I'm sure you will have a favourite output sheet so your feedback is really important to me. If there are features of any of the sheets I propose to remove that you find really useful, let me know and I will try to incorporate them in the "Gothic" sheet.

As a player I know that my requirements have changed over time. As a new player I wanted as much description of the talents on the sheet as I could get. As a more experienced player I wanted faster lookup of the key information (i.e. actual skill scores) and I knew what the talents did - so the descriptions became a waste of space.

Over to you .....

#51 Zero

Zero

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hi Memetix,

I really like the modern sheets look, and to be honest I hadn't looked much at the Gothic sheet. But now that I have, I do like that it shows the percentiles of the skills so you don't need to add all the numbers together time and again. And it looks very nice and easy too for quick reviews. 

Other than that I find it useful to have descriptions for some talents or special abilities. Maybe you could let the player choose wether or not a description should show on the sheet. Like with the possibility to add a bonus to the skills, you could have a box with an option for a description, and if the user adds a text here it will show up under or next to the talent/special ability. 

I would also like a small text showing what xp is needed for the next rank.

And that about it :)

Other than that it looks great!

#52 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

Version 4.7 is now online - it includes support for all background packages from the Inquisitor's Handbook as well as Noble Born and Forge World (Dark Heresy characters).

I will start the upgrade to support Ascension next ..... watch this space.

#53 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

Sorry folks - I introduced a silly bug in 4.7 that affected which skills are shown as available (Basically they show up one level higher than they should).

This is fixed in 4.71 and now online at Dark Reign. If you have 4.7 I recommend an update.

#54 Suijin

Suijin

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Could you add a "none" option to the background choice in case you want to go back to not having one.  Otherwise you need to actually stay with that one rather than play around with points to see what you want.  Or do we only choose a background if we really want it, because you can't take it away afterwards?

Were you going to add in the rest of the specific homeworld choices from IH (like Dusk, etc.)?

#55 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

I don't have the books to hand, however I implemented the background packages as optional. i.e. if you don't want to pick one you can leave it blank.

You should be able to the entry in the cell to clear its effects. I hope this helps.

I haven't added the specific sub-world options from IH. It will be easier to do this once I have done the Ascension overhaul.

#56 Typhus

Typhus

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

First of all, thank you for a great character sheet creator!

Now, I read that you're going to implant Inquisitor's Handbook and Ascension. Will you add the extra career paths aswell?

I'm having some trouble getting it to work as I have my Assassin taken the path as a reaper.

Thank you!

#57 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

Typhus

My plan is to implement the alternative career paths, however the rewrite is turning out to me a massive job so it may be a while before I release a new update.

#58 Typhus

Typhus

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the answer, and best wishes with the project! :)

#59 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:52 AM

Hi All

After a lot of hard work and hours of data entry I've produced a new spreadsheet that supports all the new material in the Inquisitors Handbook and Ascension.

It is at the beta test phase. There are so many options now that I cannot sensibly test it all myself. If you would like a pre-release and feel able to help provide feedback please email me and I will send you a copy.

My email address is on the instructions sheet of the current release (4.71)

The new design allows for easier data entry of new material, which is good news given the 2 new books just released.

Once I release 5.0 I will start a new forum thread and a new download area on the Dark Reign site and put the 4.7 release on hold.

#60 Kalan

Kalan

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:17 AM

Just wanted to say awesome work!  However I have a quick question in respect of xp. How does one enter "earned" xp in order to track it?  I notice the cell on the data entry tab makes reference to cell M18 (iirc) - yet can't see where one can enter that data.

Any suggestions on that?  I don't want to overwrite the data in that cell in case I break something by accident :S

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS