Excel based Character Sheet

• Please log in to reply
851 replies to this topic

#21 Zero

Zero

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

Sorry to alarm you. This was actually caused by the Tainted: Deviant Philosophy. It didn't give the bonus in previous edition and therefore I became confused.

And unfortunately I can't save the character, but I guess this is because I am running excel on my mac.

Other than that, great work. You could add a few more spaces for the elite advances, as I am planing / hoping to get further implants ;)

Thanks!

#22 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

Zero - I'm glad to know that the sheet works on the Mac - I think I could adjust the VB code to fix the load/save features. Would you be able to test the changes for me?

Is so, could you email me and I will endeavor to email you a beta release in the next few days.

Thanks

#23 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

I have just posted version 3.19 on the Dark Reign site.

www.darkreign40k.com/drjoomla/index.php/component/docman/cat_view/38-character-sheets

It contains improvements to the elite advances section (more space and the ability to sub categories for talents such as "Talented", "Navigator power" etc.) as well as an improved description of the Face of the enemy trait that takes into account the hatred choice taken at character creation.

#24 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

In the next major release I plan to implement all the dark heresy skills, talents and careers.

I may create a new character sheet as well, based on the layout of the official sheet, but with more space for talents. Any suggestions for features?
I will try to make the current landscape sheet work with both settings (Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader).

The current release (3.20) contains a few minor bug fixes and an ammo tracker (requires macros to be enabled). It is available on the Dark Reign site in the normal place.

#25 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

Is there any way to align the background graphic with the text when printing the Front and Back sheets?

On my printer (Cannon MP530), the registration is so off as to make those sheets unusable. The background is too high and too far to the right.

Looks great on the print preview. :)

#26 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

Nojo - I'm sorry to hear about the prinitng problems. It was set up to work on A4 paper.

There are some notes on how to adjust the backin the "Release notes" sheet, they assume you have office 2007. For earlier releases of Excel I can't offer much advice I'm afraid. Basically it is an inserted image in the header. You can adjust the width/height aspect ratios within the header/footer menus as well as the margin offsets. These should be sufficient to get it all to line up.

Once you have working settings, would you post them back here on the forum please, along with the paper size you are using.

Thanks

#27 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Version 4.0 is now online on the Dark Reign site (Downloads/Character Sheets/Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader Excel Character Sheet 4.0)

Now fully supports all Core rulebook careers, talent, skills etc from both Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy.

Enjoy

• ADubourg likes this

#28 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

Version 4.1 is now on the dark reign site.

It contains a variety of bug fixes and a new Gothic styled portrait 2 page character sheet.

#29 Kalec Fash

Kalec Fash

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

The character creator is great, but the bonus talents for Renegade House navigators are missing. Their second bonus power is on the talent summary but not on the talent tab, and their +10 bonus to 3 powers talent is missing completely.

#30 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

Version 4.4 has now been published to the Dark Reign site.

I have addressed all the known bugs and tidied up the new Gothic style sheet.

Kalec - the Navigator house bonuses are now working, however there is no code for the 3 bonus powers, I suggest these are put into the text of the character description.

#31 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for this Memetix.

I've just started exploring this sheet. I appreciate the fact that you've made it accessible to both DH and RT players.

As I port my characters into it, I'll be sure to provide you with feedback on the program.

#32 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

Thanks LeBlanc13, as more people use the sheet and I get more feedback I get the chance to iron out the last few bugs.

I look forward to your feedback and I hope the porting process goes smoothly.

#33 Criv

Criv

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

Nice sheet - thanks for putting so much work into it. I've started using it for my Astropath so I've some minor feedback that came up during it:

Astropath's shouldn't get Psy Techs at Rank 1 (Errata says those should be their starting powers)

Would it be possible to get an option under tainted - mutant for the 200xp chosen mutation? It's not strictly necessary - but it'd be very handy to have.

#34 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hi Criv

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the adjustments you have suggested and publish a new release in a couple of days.

#35 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

Version 4.5 is now online on the Dark Reign site.

It includes various fixes mentioned on this forum and via email plus a new sheet showing the first rank each career gains access to each talent.

#36 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

Memetix,

Loving the program fuctions so far. I find myself unable to fully test the program though since my character has a background from Inquisitor's Handbook that you haven't incorporated into the program.... hopefully, yet? 

My Cleric is from a Noble background.

I tried the character with an imperial background and it seemed all of the stats were calculating correctly, though.

Thanks very much for your hard work!

#37 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

LeBlanc13

I don't own that book but if you can email me the Noble Class package I should be able to add it to the next release.

My email address is in the spreadsheet.....

Thanks

#38 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

Version 4.6 is now available at the usual place and supports the Noble Born background for Dark Heresy characters as described in the Inquisitors Handbook.

• ADubourg likes this

#39 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:58 AM

Thanks Memetix. I had not been able to get around to getting you the background information. It seems someone else was able to assist.

I really appreciate your efforts to make this sheet accessible to all backgrounds, careers and systems for 40k.

Great Job!

#40 abbadon

abbadon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

Excellent work on the character sheet can you add the Adepta Sororitas character and the Schola Ptogenium home world from the Inquistor;s Handbook

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS