Photo

Is there a map of the Wastelands anywhere? What are the two rivers named?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

I was more thiniking that people just CANT WAIT to know what those two rivers are called in the Wasteland.

Someone in marketing really missed the ball. From what i can see here, there is an untapped market for an adventure in the Wasteland centered around these two rivers and their mysterious names.

We could call it "The Wayward Waters of the Wasteland"

Gitz

#22 simpatikool

simpatikool

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Not that I know what the Rivewrs are, but these maps are great.

#23 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hehe it's going to be a riot when the witch's song is released and everyone discover them. It's it will be a bloodbath of a war between heroes trying to name the rivers after themselves.

#24 Cwell2101

Cwell2101

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

That huge map is probably linked all around the Warhammer "world" now

Not only WFRP 3

#25 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

That was the idea =)  Making it for WFRP3 was just ane excuse to get it started lol.  The new 2.0 version (color and bigger) is almost done.

Gitz

#26 Wulfherr

Wulfherr

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

The map is ABSOLUTELY amazing! All I had to say :)

#27 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Woo we broke 10,000 views!

#28 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think you'll have to name them yourself Emirikol.

Can I offer a suggestion: River Aarnau, and river Buuren (or Manaan's river)

according to the 1st edition Marienburg: Sold Down the River,  the northern river would pass through or close by the frontier town of Aarnau. What's interesting of that town (pop. 4 000) is that its the site of the last remaining Old Noble house of Wastelands, the van Buurens (I suspect you know this allready Emirikol, planning an adventure and everything).  There Baron Martinus van Buuren lives his days in past glories with his 150 men strong militia, hunting, and taking his self-appointed role as the guardian of Wasteland's independence quite seriously.

the other river Buuren, would run some miles north of Fort Solace (pop. 300 owned by Wasteland Import-Export Exchange). Ships reaching the Manaanspoort Sea at nightfall often stop there before making the final journey to Marienburg. So another suggestion of that "W" river would be Manaan's river.

Emirikol If you don't possess or are able to get the book I'm referring to, I be more than happy to email a selection of the book's contents to you.

Sincerly Mal

#29 Thrakazog

Thrakazog

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of them is called the river "Thrakazog".

I can't remember where I read it, so you'll have to take my word for it.  (Fel 5/Guile 2) 

#30 Darrett

Darrett

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Thrakazog said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of them is called the river "Thrakazog".

I can't remember where I read it, so you'll have to take my word for it.  (Fel 5/Guile 2) 

Ooo, Chaos Star.

The southerly river, if I recall correctly, runs next to the former site of Jutronsk (sp?), the capital of the Jutones that was overrun by undead. Might consider a name that reflects that bit of history.

#31 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Well the two rivers were oviously the following...

North Emerikol River

River Gitzman

I dont understand why we are still talking trying to figure it out, its solved =)  Someone must have forgottent o put them into their maps a long time ago and the knowledge has jsut been lost over the ages.

Gitz.

#32 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Mal Reynolds said:

I think you'll have to name them yourself Emirikol.

Can I offer a suggestion: River Aarnau, and river Buuren (or Manaan's river)

according to the 1st edition Marienburg: Sold Down the River,  the northern river would pass through or close by the frontier town of Aarnau. What's interesting of that town (pop. 4 000) is that its the site of the last remaining Old Noble house of Wastelands, the van Buurens (I suspect you know this allready Emirikol, planning an adventure and everything).  There Baron Martinus van Buuren lives his days in past glories with his 150 men strong militia, hunting, and taking his self-appointed role as the guardian of Wasteland's independence quite seriously.

the other river Buuren, would run some miles north of Fort Solace (pop. 300 owned by Wasteland Import-Export Exchange). Ships reaching the Manaanspoort Sea at nightfall often stop there before making the final journey to Marienburg. So another suggestion of that "W" river would be Manaan's river.

Emirikol If you don't possess or are able to get the book I'm referring to, I be more than happy to email a selection of the book's contents to you.

Sincerly Mal

Thanks for the great tips Mal.  I'm pretty sure I can round that stuff up from one of my many 2e friends (who still stubbornly refuse to even try 3e..losers..;)

jh

#33 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

I'll add those rivers to my map as well. 

Gitz

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS