Ascension - Character Sheet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yog Sothothery

Yog Sothothery

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

anyone know if the character sheet in Ascension is download yet or when it will be made available? i know the book just came out and it might be awhile but i just thought i would ask. 

#2 Dak Rogers

Dak Rogers

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

I too, would like this ASAP. It doesn't even have to be fillable / savable, as I can do all that, but a flat PDF would be great. Any info on that, Ross? Thanks so much for your help.

#3 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

I'd like them to release a Character Booklet like they  did on the initial release of DH. $2 for a 16 page character sheet that allowed for notes and pretty much everything else you'd need to know about your acolyte. Whatever happened to those, btw? FFG didn't seem to want to reproduce those, I guess. For $2 they were extremely useful character records.

#4 ZillaPrime

ZillaPrime

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

I would love a reissue of the old character folios.

As for the new Ascention sheets:  The psychic powers page is very handy but the basic 2 page Ascention character sheet is riddled with flaws (check the hit locations on the armour diagram for a start) and needs to go back to the editor.   No checkbox on the skills or room to clearly note specialized skill?  Only 3 weapon stat boxes for each category (ranged/melee)?!  For an expansion that was supposed to save space on a character sheet they went with the Rogue Trader model of every skill already there instead of printing the Basic skills and then providing a crapload of blank lines....  What a waste of space.   I currently use a custom 3 page character sheet that one of my players found online.   I will probably wait for an update to that sheet since it is VASTLY better on layout and information.

#5 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:51 AM

@Zilla

Can you provide a link to the site you downloaded that character sheet from?

I may already be using it for my home records of my character sheet (GM keeps the folio), but just in case I'd like to take a look at what you're using.

Thanks.

#6 ZillaPrime

ZillaPrime

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

www.annebo.dk/Pages/Roleplay/Pages/Character_sheet.html

"three page character sheet"   under the Dark Heresy section.

You can edit all the fields too, so you have a nice digital backup of your characters.  Makes for nice legible copies too.  This sheet is not my work, so please save all the credit for the poor guy who took the time to format it.

#7 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

It's actually the sheet I use for my electronic copy.  And I am fast running out of space on it for tracking my XP spends.  I have a friend that is supposed to be working on a fillable based on the character folio.  But getting him to focus on one thing to completion is akin to taking sacrament from the Holy Grail; it just doesn't happen.  I think it has been something like 8 months since I asked him to do this.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

#8 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

Brother Praetus said:

It's actually the sheet I use for my electronic copy.  And I am fast running out of space on it for tracking my XP spends.  I have a friend that is supposed to be working on a fillable based on the character folio.  But getting him to focus on one thing to completion is akin to taking sacrament from the Holy Grail; it just doesn't happen.  I think it has been something like 8 months since I asked him to do this.

-=Brother Praetus=-

I had intentions to create the same spreadsheet in Excel, but my hobbies are all over the place and I just don't make time either.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS