• Please log in to reply
1196 replies to this topic

#41 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

MrsGamura said:

My first thought was, "Woah, crazy powerful. I like." My second thought was, "Woah, crazy weak. No like." Currently she/it is almost impossible to lose against, since the final battle attack can't actually do anything put strip you down, which I don't think was your intention. Perhaps you meant to add a line akin to "If you cannot, you are Devoured" or somesuch? Otherwise she'll just get slowly punched to death (Or even worse, eat everything and have nobody left that can even roll dice against her, ending in an eternal stalemate).

Other than this oversight, I really like it. Servant of Chaos is wicked, haha.

#42 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

One question about the "Servant of Chaos" ability, does the rumour not having a pass condition mean you automatically fail every rumour, or that you just don't receive any kind of reward for getting rid of it?

#43 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'm assuming that you cannot pass it otherwise it would read "do not gain a reward for passing a rumor" or somesuch.  Basically you just fail when the time comes.

#44 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

You fail the rumor so no point in trying to pass them...Cursed Relics guess terro lv 10, Mistrust? guess we have zero focus and no trading...Stars are Right...well bess no roll 1 or 2 ha ha

yes should read devour if you can't discard on the AO attack...and the die roll should be 1-3 success and 4-6 failure so the AO blesses everyone in a weird way guess makes up for the -6 magic imune! lol

BTW this guy is from Final Fantsy also have a Septhroth >:)

#45 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Ok, that's what I figured on the attack. Why succeed on 1-3 (Just asking)?

I like this one, might be fun for a tougher game.

#46 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

The Message said:

My bad it should be a success on a "1-4 and a failure on a 5-6"..from the game he's just weird so thought it would be fun to give him a weird ability...so with this weird blessing he gives you should help you overcome his -6 magical immunity!

#47 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

MrsGamura said:

The Message said:

My bad it should be a success on a "1-4 and a failure on a 5-6"..from the game he's just weird so thought it would be fun to give him a weird ability...so with this weird blessing he gives you should help you overcome his -6 magical immunity!

Oh, ok, so it's literally a complete inversion? Would a curse make you only fail on a 6 and a blessing on a 4-6? Also, how would this interact with cards like the Shotgun? Give double successes on a 1 or just play it as normal and only fail on 5?

#48 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

Just to keep thing simple made cursed/blessed investigators devoured suppose could make it that all dice rolls are inversions or something similar.

Guess shotgun will own Kefka! lol

#49 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

MrsGamura said:

The Message said:

Uhhh...  He removes your equipment, but how does he *kill* you?  I don't see any kill condition built into his attack skills.  Also, you might want to add another toughness to the cultists and maniacs (although the maniacs would become insanely awesome if the terror reached six).  A plus one modifier against a monster that's stationary with a plus one bonus is still a very easy fight (unless you're ambushed or surprised by it).  ::Shrug:: anyways, I liked the magic cultists thing ;') and as a former FFIII player, I approve of Kefka's presence in the 1920s, it's just about crazy enough for him.

#50 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

Avi_dreader said:

MrsGamura said:

The Message said:

Uhhh...  He removes your equipment, but how does he *kill* you?  I don't see any kill condition built into his attack skills.  Also, you might want to add another toughness to the cultists and maniacs (although the maniacs would become insanely awesome if the terror reached six).  A plus one modifier against a monster that's stationary with a plus one bonus is still a very easy fight (unless you're ambushed or surprised by it).  ::Shrug:: anyways, I liked the magic cultists thing ;') and as a former FFIII player, I approve of Kefka's presence in the 1920s, it's just about crazy enough for him.

That was covered already, just change it to 'If you cannot, you are Devoured.' or whatever language suits your taste.

#51 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

Cxaxukluth, spawn of Azathoth

http://www.sendspace.com/file/58q5mc

Text:

<name> is worshipped by those who dwell near him on Yuggoth. Mi-Go are <b>Endless</b>. Additionally, for each gate to Yuggoth that is open, increase the toughness of all monsters by 1 and the toughness of Cultists by 2.

Reality Cannibal: When a Gate Trophy is spent, add a Doom Token to the track.

Start of Battle: Any investigators with Gate Trophies are Devoured.

Attack: X is equal to three times the number of investigators (Not counting those who are Devoured).

Each investigator must pass a <b>Will (+2) check</b> or be Devoured. This check's modifier decreases by 1 each turn.

(Defenses are -X with Magical Immunity)

He fluctuates between relatively easy and extremely difficult, mostly based on the gates to Yuggoth. His ability makes spending gates for clues a risky transaction, but a track of 14 gives you a lot of wiggle room (I might drop it 13 or 12, what do you think?).

#52 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

The Message said:

Attack: X is equal to three times the number of investigators (Not counting those who are Devoured).

So this guy has a -24 modifier if you have 8 players who make it to final combat until they get devoured? Ouch. Essentially that means you can do absolutely zero damage to him until over half the investigators are devoured, and by then, the other half will go not long after because the check modifier will become unbeatable without clues.

The only strategy to take against this guy would be to work out how much of an attack modifier you can handle (lets say you think you can handle -9). You try to push the game to the point where you have 3 doom tokens left to go, three investigators at South Church with all the best +Physical gear, while all the rest have a gate trophy. All three for the final combat bless themselves, 3 doom tokens added and all other investigators devoured. Then those in final combat can attack from turn 1.

#53 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

thorgrim said:

The Message said:

So this guy has a -24 modifier if you have 8 players who make it to final combat until they get devoured? Ouch. Essentially that means you can do absolutely zero damage to him until over half the investigators are devoured, and by then, the other half will go not long after because the check modifier will become unbeatable without clues.

The only strategy to take against this guy would be to work out how much of an attack modifier you can handle (lets say you think you can handle -9). You try to push the game to the point where you have 3 doom tokens left to go, three investigators at South Church with all the best +Physical gear, while all the rest have a gate trophy. All three for the final combat bless themselves, 3 doom tokens added and all other investigators devoured. Then those in final combat can attack from turn 1.

Yes, basically. Hehe. I love the idea of something that becomes easier after most of your allies have fallen, it just seems very sadistic.

More to the point, if you can't seal this guy with 8 players, you probably deserve what you get. Just think of it as extra motivation.

#54 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:06 AM

Wanted to make sure those Wraiths gain Nightmarish 2 and 'Endless Terror' doesn't work on Cultist drawn during encounters but yes to ones placed in the Outskirts during the Mythos phase.

I would bold Devour and Mi-Go and perhaps anything else I missed to make in consistent with the other AO's wording.

During his/her/it's combat what do they lose? Sanity/ Stamina /puppies/ money?? or just out rite Devoured? 

#55 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

MrsGamura said:

Wanted to make sure those Wraiths gain Nightmarish 2 and 'Endless Terror' doesn't work on Cultist drawn during encounters but yes to ones placed in the Outskirts during the Mythos phase.

I would bold Devour and Mi-Go and perhaps anything else I missed to make in consistent with the other AO's wording.

During his/her/it's combat what do they lose? Sanity/ Stamina /puppies/ money?? or just out rite Devoured? 

I like Sephiroth, though the Terror Track will be a serious pain (Especially with endless cultists). I guess it should be, though.

Thank you for posting Cxaxukluth's image, SE only exports in zip and my winzip just expired. Yes, they are outright devoured, the lose is a typo.

#56 dkw

dkw

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

My first serious attempt at an Ancient One.

#57 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

dkw: unless you figure investigators are likely to have  well over 12 Uniques/Spells, EACH, Mercury Lampe is ridiculous (as in farking impossible). Between loss at start of battle, and loss every time a DT is removed, the players need somewhere in the vicinity of 36 Spells/Uniques! That's ridiculous!

Unless...

Do you mean that after a DT is removed, ONE Investigator has to throw something away? If so, please make a little more textually clear.

Cheers.

#58 dkw

dkw

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

But yes, only 1 Investigator has to discard, not all the Investigators, hence the singular AN.  That means the group has to have 12 Spells and/or Unique Items combined.  If you can think of a better way to say it, then I would be glad to hear it.

But, I didn't expect it to be good the first time around.  I tend to make things too powerful or not powerful enough, usually too powerful.  But, I actually enjoy the process of working through the faults, to get something good in the end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

And here is an item to go along with Mercury.  Limit to 4 per game.  It will protect one type of item catagory from being discarded.

#59 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

dkw said:

But yes, only 1 Investigator has to discard, not all the Investigators, hence the singular AN.  That means the group has to have 12 Spells and/or Unique Items combined.  If you can think of a better way to say it, then I would be glad to hear it.

But, I didn't expect it to be good the first time around.  I tend to make things too powerful or not powerful enough, usually too powerful.  But, I actually enjoy the process of working through the faults, to get something good in the end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The only problem with "when a Doom Token is removed" as an attack is that the players automatically win if they make it past the Start of Battle power with 12 or more spells or uniques and aren't going to go insane from casting. Even four investigators with 8 or 9 spells or uniques remaining (depending on whether you count the last doom token being removed as allowing her to attack or not) can pretty much guarantee a win for 1 of the investigators without being devoured.

#60 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

MrsGamura said:

There we go got a better picture and changed the name to go in more theme with the picture.

Was also thinking about making another rule where you can't use Tulzscha as the Herald due to conflicting interest.

Need to make three Epic battle cards.

1st

Each Investigator returns all cultist as trophies to the cup. Each investigator that had a trophy returned this way is devoured and a doom token is added to the family

Investigators attack as normal

2nd

The first player may be devoured to remove 2 doom tokens from the family

The Family Devourers each investigator with 3 or less fight.

3rd

Each investigators will is reduced by 1. If this reduces a investigators will below 0 their devoured.

Investigators attack as normal

Don't really like three but just thought of them...plus they need names and some flavor text!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS