Pandora's Box

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

thank you very much, I've the full knowledge of the expansion now, and it works great! I've written my own rules with all your clarifications, I'm ready to play!!

see ya next posts!!

bye!

#42 crimhead

crimhead

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

In second edition, how exactly did you play adventure cards against other players?  It would function as though that player had just drawn it?

#43 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

well.. i have never played 2th edition, so i have no experience with it...

I just saw the ending cards from 2th edition, and i was interested in the pandora's box card

I do not care for the others..( dragon king has his own tower, so no ending card needed..)

some idea's:

I hope that the pandora's box card has his own little set of cards. maybe 12 or something like that.

maybe that they can include 1 hope and 1 death card.

that player must draw in his own turn a pandora's box  card and unleash it  on his opponent, then the card goes back to the deck.

He can win the game by defeating his opponents or drawing the hope card.

#44 crimhead

crimhead

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

I've played second - years ago - but my memory of Pandora's Box is hazy at best.

Velhart said:

I do not care for the others..( dragon king has his own tower, so no ending card needed..)

Maybe you only put the tower on if  that ending is in play.  The Dragon King has captured the Crown and built his fortress here.  Place The Dragon Tower atop the Crown Of Command and move your figure to the tower gate...

-

I like your Pandora deck idea.

#45 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

crimhead said:

I've played second - years ago - but my memory of Pandora's Box is hazy at best.

Velhart said:

Maybe you only put the tower on if  that ending is in play.  The Dragon King has captured the Crown and built his fortress here.  Place The Dragon Tower atop the Crown Of Command and move your figure to the tower gate...

-

I like your Pandora deck idea.

That's a very good idea.

Then we can mix the Dragon King ending with the other endings, and people who do not have the tower, can use it as a normal ending card.

If they own the tower, then they must placed it in the Inner region if they draw the Dragon King ending card.

#46 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I was just thinking about the pandora's box again.

how about it, if the ending can decrease your movement with -1. or if a curse is spread throughout the land, so that all characers have -1 in str and craft while in combat.

The pandora's box could be activated if someone rolls a certain number on a die.

Followers can also be cursed, and must be discarded etc etc. or you can lose a life...

They could also keep the 2th edition idea, roll a 1d6, and draw adventure cards, and place them in a region or inflict it on your opponent. you may also discard them if you don't like them.

In this manner, you could send some enemies or nasty events, or strangers to a opponent.

This can result in some combined enemy attacks, that the character cannot win. It's just a matter of time,. depending on the draw, but that's talisman

#47 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Pandora's Box.

Which character can survive the horror of the Pandora's Box:)

Characters don't fight each other on the Crown of Command space, which is replaced by the Pandora's Box card.

If they are starting their turn on this space, then they must roll a die. 

During that turn, when they are drawing adventure cards, then they are immune for the effects of the Pandora''s Box card.

Characters become weaker and weaker until they don't have the strength or craft anymore to fight the horror that comes out the Pandora's Box.

#48 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Nice, but wouldn't the characters be able to grow stronger  with all the Enemies they kill?

#49 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

It would seem much simpler to me to state that the character with the box may play any card against any other characters or discard it.  It implies that the box holder cannot keep any card or benefit from it; the intention is to hinder or harm other characters. Stipulations by card type would not be necessary, since the box holder is seeking to kill all other characters. In such an approach, it might also be better to simply have 6 cards drawn each time… or draw as many as there are players who began the game… plus one.  As to card types, the strategies are obvious.

• Enemies: multiple ones could be grouped according to type and played against one character to attempt taking a life. Characters on a particular space where they have failed to defeat one or more Enemies before are a good strategy, since playing new enemies there means those still on the space regroup with the new ones played.
  • Events: those that affect all characters in a Region are obvious; those that affect all characters in the land should not affect the character with the box so long as it is one the CoC. This is a standard ruling that can be found in other AltEnds.
  • [Magic] Objects: these would mostly be discarded, as there is mostly no point to playing them on another character; same for Magic Objects. In being discarded, this is hidden randomizing of a standard count draw of cards, so rolling a number of cards to draw is not needed.
  • Places: conditional; and must be encountered by the character when played upon its space.
  • Strangers: as for Places. 

These rules also adapt well for when / if team play (Aligned or otherwise) is used for the night… without the need of an FAQ or additional conditions listed elsewhere. The box holder is free to play or discard any card as it sees fit, so in team play it can choose to give beneficial cards to a team member… or even play weak Enemies against a team member to boost it.

So in other words, this leans a bit to the original Pandora's box… but without the Spell nonsense that had nothing to do with that actual legend/myth.

#50 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

zealot12 said:

Nice, but wouldn't the characters be able to grow stronger  with all the Enemies they kill?

It´s true that it is possible to grow stronger if they defeat some enemies, but the idea is to make the characters weaker by using curse cards(objects) and illness cards( stranger&places) etc

I have not use this ending in my games yet. It was just a idea.

#51 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

in 2ed talisman and pandora's box, on your turn you would draw x cards and x spells, , during your turn, you could encounter any of these card yourself to self buff , or hold them over to anouther players turn, when you could play them after they moved, if you still have any card left at the start of your next turn all card and spells are discarded and draw x more. also you could play all spells on any players turn over riding the one spell per player rule.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS