• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 metelik

metelik

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Sounds good Velhart,,

Wha' 'bout the HOPE part of the myth about Pandora? Do You think it might be worth introducing?

With my best wishes

Tomasz

#22 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

I was thinking again about Pandora's box.

If FFG could make 12 pandora's box cards, ( something that has to do with what the box contains) a player must draw everytime a pandora's box card.

Something nasty will happen. it can effects all characters, or only other characters, who are not standing on the end space etc

If a card has been activated, it is returning to the Pandora's card deck, and the deck must be reshuffled.

The player on the endspace, must try to destroy the other characters, as long as he can keep himself alive.

Some cards can also effect the caster,(box opener) so he can better draw the good cards to use it against his opponents.

------------------------------------------------

With 2 players or more..( how about this)

If 2 or more players are standing on the end space, then they will not fight each other, but they are trying to survive the horror that is coming out of the box.

Who is strong enough to keep themself alive? 

There is only one way to find out  

Who will die first?

#23 Malthule

Malthule

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

Pandora's Box

Once the box is opened, all enemy adventure cards in all regions are +3 to strength or +3 to craft depending on the type of enemy. 

The player who opens the box draws 5 adventure cards each turn. Out of those cards that player may choose one enemy card (if drawn) to immediately place on any single empty space on any board (except the inner region) and one enemy card to immediately attack another player of his choice. Any additional enemy cards drawn are placed into the discard pile. Any non-enemy card drawn is put in a separate pile near the player who opened Pandora's Box.

Once that player has acquired 40 non-enemy cards, if there are still any players alive, he is sucked into Pandora's Box and totally destroyed (losing the game)

#24 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

I was thinking yesterday about the  Pandora's box again, and i give it a try, what can happen if you open the box..

Let's say that the box contains 11 disasters cards and 1 hope card.

War card: Teleport to a character and fight him in battle or psychic combat ( if allowed)

If you choose a character who is also on the Crown space, then you don't have to teleport, and you must fight him right away..

Death card: Everyone dies ( game over)

Growing old card: Everyone is growing old and are losing 3 points of strength / (and craft?)

Disease: All characters in the land are losing 1 life

Malice: All characters in the land are losing 2 lives

Cruelty: Draw the top 10 cards of the adventure deck, and place all the enemie cards on a character of your choice ( don't work on a character on the end space) The choosing character must fight immediately all the enemies  ( in battle or psychic combat) depends on type enemy

Hatred: A powerful red Imp appears, and let you choose 3 spell cards from the deck( or discard pile) and he will cast them on a character of your choice.

( ignoring region and timing restrictions)

Despair:  All followers from characters, and all strangers in the land are going to the discard pile

Violence: Draw 5 adventure cards and send all the enemies to a character of your choice.

The enemies are getting a +3 in battle and psychic combat ( don;t work on a character on the endspace)

Greed: If one character is standing on the crown, he may teleport to another character (don;t matter which region he is in) and he may steal 3 objects of his choice, and teleports back to the endspace.

Curse: Look through the spell deck(or discard pile) to find a spell of your choice, and cast it on a character. ( ignoring region and timing restrictions)

Hope: You have draw the Hope card, and peace returns to the land. ( the box disappears before your eyes)

#25 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

i personally would like to see all of the 2nd ed atlernative ending cards remade, they were good, and kept the same,

the belt could be modified to give +5 strenght or craft instead of 12/12. but that would be the only change i would make

pandora's box was good, becasue you could creature cardson yourself, to buff up, if you only drew 1, but if drew multiple numbers then all would be played on the character of your choice as a single combat. also the spells you could do the same

#26 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

I also like to see the old pandora's box back from 2th edition.

But how must you deal with  strangers, objects, places etc

I think that the pandoras box must ignore region and time restrictions, otherwise.. many spell cards cannot be played...

( i would like to see a pandora's deck with their own nasty cards

#27 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

Firstly Hi all,

Secondly my take on the Pandoras Box which is similar to others.

Its in .pdf format and can be seen here: www.calltoarms.btinternet.com/Pandoras_Box_web.pdf 

Not in high quality format to keep size down but at least you can see it to get the idea.

Let me know what people think and if someone does want it in high quality let me  know and I'll let them have it.

Oh and apologies if should have posted this in Homebrews.

Cheers all

H.

#28 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

Heimdal said:

Firstly Hi all,

Its in .pdf format and can be seen here: www.calltoarms.btinternet.com/Pandoras_Box_web.pdf 

Not in high quality format to keep size down but at least you can see it to get the idea.

Let me know what people think and if someone does want it in high quality let me  know and I'll let them have it.

Cheers all

H.

wow, it's great! sure it's near impossible to win if another player takes the box, 'cause he can heal himself and nobody can steal it...and if it could be stolen?IMO it could be more balanced.

anyway it's a great work, i'll wait for a final version but I'll print it to play!thanks!

#29 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the comment air show.

The box can be taken from another player by any means possible ie ability, combat, spell etc. its just owning the box at the beginning of your turn does boost your chances quite a bit.

H.

#30 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Heimdal said:

Thanks for the comment air show.

The box can be taken from another player by any means possible ie ability, combat, spell etc. its just owning the box at the beginning of your turn does boost your chances quite a bit.

H.

you're right, I've read "can't be taken" but I was wrong. Is this the final version or do you think you will change something? that version seems ok IMO.

#31 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Heimdal said:

Firstly Hi all,

Cheers all

H.

Hi Heimdal.

Thanks for posting this alternative ending in this topic.

I like the artwork very much.

If i look to the text from the card, it seems that the Pandora´s box has his own set of cards.

You have add some nice idea´s too, by teleporting the character to his starting space etc.

This gives every player a chance to steal the box instead of that they must move to the inner region first.

great job

#32 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Velhart, All the cards are in the pdf. Thats the box object and the event cards too.

Air Show, I'm open to suggestions but this is the version we use and it works ok imo.

Cheers guys,

H.

#33 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:18 AM

also for me this version is perfect, I asked you if it's the final version 'cause I'd like to print it once (and sometimes there are few modifications in a lot of homebrew expansions). I print cards in a photographer studio, they do a great job but at high price!

#34 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:22 AM

I have higher quality versions if you want them let me know.

#35 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:27 AM

Heimdal said:

I have higher quality versions if you want them let me know.

thanks but it seems the version you posted is ok, if it'll be necessary I'll ask you! see ya!

#36 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

Oh and theres this:

www.calltoarms.btinternet.com/pandoras-box_info.pdf

a little history and rule clarification.

H.

#37 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

Hi heimdal,

I've read rules on the cards and the rules you posted after, and I've got some questions about how it works:
1-when you say “the card return to the box” , it means the card (ex. Destruction) must be discarded until game's end?

2-at the start of his turn, the owner of the box may roll then pick up a card from the pandora's deck. The istructions saying “heal 1 strength/craft” are about str/craft under your starting points?

Ex: I'm the warrior (life 2, str. 10, craft 5): I obtain the box, full health (4), fate, restart form village (i think): i draw Insanity and I roll 5, so I lose 1 craft. Next turn, I use the box and roll 5, so I could heal 1 life, 1 str. And 1 craft. But I've lost only 1 craft point, so I can heal only craft (from 4 to 5) but not gain 1 strenght or 1 life, right? I assume that if my strength was 2 (under the starting point 4) I'd heal also 1 strenght.

3- if the box owner drops the box on a space and no one pick it up, or if the owner doesn't use the box, you must draw 1 card from the box every turn?

For ex: 3 players, A take the box and drew the first card, than he drops  it on a woods space. B & C are far and cannot take it in their turn, so at A starting next turn another “evil” card must be drawn, and so on until B, C or even A will take the box. Is it correct?

And what happens if A take the box but he doesn't use it for 5 turns?

4- if after all 11 evil cards are drawn 2 or more players are still alive, they continue playing and the goal is to kill all the others?
Thanks for helping!!

#38 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:41 AM

Sorry I'll clarify:

When a charcter first encounters Pandoras box, he is healed etc and teleported to his home space and then draws a card from the box.

Once a card is drawn from the box and all players have suffered its effects it is returned to the box except for Misfortune, War and Pestilence as these are always in force so there will always be Ravages Of Time, Insanity, Decay, Disease, Dispair, Famine, Sickness and Destruction in the box.

Next turn the character with the box can roll on hope and then must draw a card.

The box only heals it does not allow you to go over your starting value.

If the box is dropped then a card must be drawn at the beginning of the player who dropped it turn. ie player A,B and C. Player B has the box. Player A takes his turn, Player B rolls on fate, draws a card and then takes his turn and drops the box, Player C takes his turn but does not land on the box. Player A takes his turn and does not land on the box. Player B draws a card from the box, then takes his turn. Players C takes his turn. Player A takes his turn lands on the box and picks it up, rolls on hope and then draws a card from the box. Player B takes his turn etc.

If the box is taken by from a player by combat, special ability etc they do not get to use the box until their next turn.

If the character holding the box dies he still gets to play as every turn he will draw a card from the box until it is picked up by another player.

Following the above a card will always be drawn every turn and in some cases when the box is dropped and picked up twice in a turn.

Hope this helps

H.

#39 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thanks , I have understood more now.

So every time an “evil” card come back in the box you must shuffle the box's deck (except for cards that rules until game's end), right?

I'm sorry but I still don't undestand the strength/craft healing power of the box (object):
you said box (object) cannot heal over your starting points, but game's official rules say that character's stats (except life, of course) cannot be decrease under starting points, right?
So does the box go over the normal rules?

Ex: warrior STR. 5 (starting value 4, 1 red cone) with the box. He draw Ravages of time and rolls 1 (lose 2 STR). What happens? He will go to STR.3 or 4?assume he goes to STR.3, at the beginning of next turn he rolls on fate 3 and he's able to heal 1 STR: ok, he returns STR.4, and draw another card.
If it's correct, how do your group show strength And craft starting point?do you use cones as well? (in my example, you use 5 cones instead of 1)?do you write it on a sheet?

In my thoughts, I've imagined that box's powers can decrease str/craft points OVER your starting value, not under, but in that case str/craft healing is useless.
Instead, if you can go under starting value, it works well.

Is it correct or I'm wrong again?

Thanks!!

#40 Heimdal

Heimdal

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

Yes the box reduces your strength and craft below your starting value.

Your character will die if your strength, craft or life reaches zero.

And yes we use cones to show the amount of strength we have. The value on the card just shows the amount you start with.So when we start the game the warrior has 4 cones for strength, so in your example you would have 5 small cones or 1 large cone (1 large cone = 5 points 1 small cone = 1 point).

H.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS