Descent Card Editor

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 d3monhunter

d3monhunter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

I am having problems to the surge icon.The PDF file indicates that pressing ALT+Z the surges will be added but nothing :(

Anyone having this prob too??

#22 Drawl Needler

Drawl Needler

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

d3monhunter said:

I am having problems to the surge icon.The PDF file indicates that pressing ALT+Z the surges will be added but nothing :(

Did you try doing it in the "Description" area? That's the only place that worked for me.

#23 d3monhunter

d3monhunter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

Drawl Needler said:

d3monhunter said:

Did you try doing it in the "Description" area? That's the only place that worked for me.

Nothing its only shows me a ? nothing :(

#24 Antistone

Antistone

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

Try to be clear.  Does it do nothing, or does it show a question mark?  Those are very different behaviors.

If it inserts a character into the text box, but that character looks like a question mark instead of a surge symbol, then you're probably missing the font or graphic used for the surge symbol, and the question mark is a placeholder.  Do you have a surgeIcon.gif in your /resources/icons/ folder, and does it look correct?  It's also conceivable it's trying to pull the symbol from the Webdings font (though that seems unlikely); does you computer have that font installed?

#25 Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Jonny WS said:

Iam was told to more or less stop with his editor because there would be an official one released from FFG.  That was like 2 years ago.  

Yes and No...

Actually, I was thanked by Mr Petersen for my enthousiasm and was authorized to keep working on it until the official "vapor" one was released. But then had to step away from boardgaming and sold Descent.

Then a couple months ago, I bought it back, couldn't pass on that deal (150$ for base game + 3 expansions, brand new). I thought I had deleted the editor and all the code, but just looked on an old hard drive and found all the goodies! I won't promise anything, but I could very well continue working on it in a not so distant future... although I'm sorry I can't support it at the moment, if it works for you, good, otherwise, I'm sorry!

So here it is:

http://fredmethot.wi...EditorSetup.zip

As for being told to more or less stop working on it... Someone actually threatened me on a number of occasions to do this, here on the forum, by email and on BGG. With this guy supposedly in charge of the official editor years back, not surprised you are all still waiting, what a ******.

Cheers guys!

IAM

Blasted! So made that I have a Mac right now

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS