477 replies to this topic

#21 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hiyas!

Just to muddle/clarify stuff (ALL praise be to Chaos!):

The Shadow out of Time is a HPL story about swapping bodies... with aliens!

Calixis is Latin/Greek (sic) for Chalice, a vessel... maybe the whole sector was/is being shaped to be  a vessel/conduit in Haarlock's devilry since the family "discovered" it?

Could the Black Sun or the Tyrant Star be the intrusions or breakthroughs of Haarlock's legacy in the prima materia?  "Harbingers" of the Hour of Fate?

Lete

...Lest I forget

#22 the 8 spider

the 8 spider

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

from france

okay i will change a litlle bit from the topic.

althougth it is non canonical for now but i hope it will change look about the article of gravert about their amouries. after all gravert art is atonishing so event if not canon i sugest to use it.

i hope you will appologize for this.

more on the topics the widows is said to be granted this "gift" as a reward for a servicet the family link is not obvious.

#23 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

at 8spider - not sure I understand what you mean with the 'armouries' .

The gift, IIRC, was not to the Widower but to the Spider Bride in Tattered Fates, i.e. was a halo device?

Show me ... everything!

#24 numb3rc

numb3rc

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

The Laughing God said:

at 8spider - not sure I understand what you mean with the 'armouries' .

The gift, IIRC, was not to the Widower but to the Spider Bride in Tattered Fates, i.e. was a halo device?

Tattered Fates says explicitly that the Spider Bride was given a halo device.

#25 the 8 spider

the 8 spider

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

from france

hello laughing god

i means the coat of arms of the haarlock's garver talk about that once. so he has idea about that . i just say that it might help players to see the idea of graver. i hope i was clearer this time. i must admit that when i am tired sepaking in a foreign tongue is not easy.

and nowhere in the book it is mentioned that the windows has a family link with the harlot merely a rewarded henchwoman.

#26 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hello 8 spider,

Perhaps it's no coincidence that the harlot has turned into a Spider Bride after receiving the gift of the Haarlocks ... perhaps they thought it funny to have one of their servants turn into a spider-like creature, given that the spider plays such an important role in their heraldry.

They have more monstrous and sinister servants btw, for example the Gilded Widow and the Widower and the Mirror Daemon. One of the themes outlined in the Legacy books is 'servants fearing their master's return'. It sure gives one pause to think, if the likes of the Widower and the Spider Bride actually FEAR Erasmus Haarlock ....

Show me ... everything!

#27 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

I believe even after the creation of Dead Stars we will be speculating i dont think that ffg would ever set a group of acolytes against something daemons fear

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#28 Bassemandrh

Bassemandrh

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:47 AM

Perhaps we will meet some part of Erasmus, maybe a weakened state or prevent his return

#29 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

ThenDoctor said:

I believe even after the creation of Dead Stars we will be speculating i dont think that ffg would ever set a group of acolytes against something daemons fear

That's a very interesting point you raise there. It's quite possible, I am afraid, that Dead Star will not conclude the Legacy's story in any definitive manner, and leaving questions unanswered and keeping secrets unsolved is something of a staple in the Warhammer 40,000 line. I don't mind if some riddles are left for players to play with, but there is a minimum of CONCLUSION that I think the third installment of the trilogy needs to make it worth our while and deliver on the expectations that were raised.

The second episode, Damned Cities, does not yield a lot of clues to suppose that the third part will neatly tie everything together. It is 'just' a murder mystery (albeit quite an interesting one in a superb setting) that has a surprisingly light Haarlock touch. It's not like it builds and expands on the story as began in Tattered Fates or even House of Dust and Ash.

Show me ... everything!

#30 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

The Laughing God said:

It's not like it builds and expands on the story as began in Tattered Fates or even House of Dust and Ash.

It does elaborate on where Haarlock went and what a possible reason for Mara being skrewed up is its a place where time doesnt matter

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

#31 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

ThenDoctor said:

It does elaborate on where Haarlock went and what a possible reason for Mara being skrewed up is its a place where time doesnt matter

Why do we think Mara is a place where time doesn't matter?

Show me ... everything!

#32 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

And what d you think of this idea: the Tyrant star is the soul of a murdered world, or an out-of-time representation of Tanis, the planet massacred overnight by the Haarlocks?

Show me ... everything!

#33 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:30 AM

didnt it say that Mara was the place Haarlock went to find what he was looking for? a place where he could learn to control time?

and im not really a fan of the tyrant star being a murdered world theory, i still think its a daemon of some sort or another.

#34 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

ThenDoctor said:

didnt it say that Mara was the place Haarlock went to find what he was looking for? a place where he could learn to control time?

and im not really a fan of the tyrant star being a murdered world theory, i still think its a daemon of some sort or another.

I'm personally leaning towards 'terrible Yu'vath weapon awaiting the commands of its long-vanished masters'.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#35 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

*cough cough* then i think you belong in the Rogue Trader section of the forums...

so far what i can tell is that each game will have one major enemy to get rid of for DH its the Haarlock line

for RT its the YuVath

and for DW itll be something space marine worthy probably a choas space marine

#36 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:15 AM

ThenDoctor said:

*cough cough* then i think you belong in the Rogue Trader section of the forums...

so far what i can tell is that each game will have one major enemy to get rid of for DH its the Haarlock line

for RT its the YuVath

You sure about that? The Yu'vath plagued the Calixis Sector during the time of the Angevin Crusade. The abandoned remnants of their civilisation still exist there (as shown in The Radical's Handbook). The Yu'vath are as much a part of Dark Heresy as they are of Rogue Trader, which is only appropriate as the Calixis Sector and the Koronus Expanse are right next to one another...

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#37 Graver

Graver

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

ThenDoctor said:

for RT its the YuVath

You sure about that? The Yu'vath plagued the Calixis Sector during the time of the Angevin Crusade. The abandoned remnants of their civilisation still exist there (as shown in The Radical's Handbook). The Yu'vath are as much a part of Dark Heresy as they are of Rogue Trader, which is only appropriate as the Calixis Sector and the Koronus Expanse are right next to one another...

To go a step further, I think the Yu'Vath are more anchored to the DH setting the RT. Their Empire, before it was decimated by Drusis under blessed (some say highly questionable) circumstances, was, IIRC based around the Adrantus Nebula and surrounding regions, not the Koronus Expanse. They had branches and tendrils out there, but, as far as I know, not much more.

#38 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

Graver said:

To go a step further, I think the Yu'Vath are more anchored to the DH setting the RT. Their Empire, before it was decimated by Drusis under blessed (some say highly questionable) circumstances, was, IIRC based around the Adrantus Nebula and surrounding regions, not the Koronus Expanse. They had branches and tendrils out there, but, as far as I know, not much more.

I think it's safe to say that there are some conspiracies and threats that sit firmly within Dark Heresy, some that can only be found in Rogue Trader, and some that influence both...

Finding out which conspiracies go where is, of course, the challenge.

#39 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hi!

I concur that each game setting should have it's own intrinsic enemy(ies).  Overlapping stuff sounds a lot like a White Wolvish way of destruction (see their World of Darkness original version for a lesson in metaplot & marketing stupidity)

Greets

L

#40 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:09 AM

well im not trying to say that you will never see the main enemy from RT in DH but it wont be as pronounced, instead of an entire ship of the alien tech you main find a small cult worshiping one of the black crowns which is their tech but you wouldnt find a huge amount of Haarlock in RT either because his influence is now on the planets he went to

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS