secret promo charakters ?

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#41 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Official or not... we'd still expect to see what they're like... right?  right!

#42 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

JCHendee said:

Official or not... we'd still expect to see what they're like... right?  right!

Indeed 

#43 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Update nr 1 !

Exorcist
Strength: 2, Craft: 4, Life: 4, Gold: , Fate: 4, Alignmnent: Good
Start: City

Abilities:

- You start the game with one Spell.
- If you attack another Character, you may choose Psychic Combat. You
can not do this, if you are attacked by another Character.
- If you have conquered a Spirit, you get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.
- If you are attacked by a Spirit, you don’t have to fight, but instead you
can exorcise it. The Spirit is destroyed automatically. However you can not
keep exorcisted Spirits as a Trophy and also you don’t get a Spell.
- You can destroy (discard) objects, which are forbidden for good Characters,
when they come into your possession. If you destroy a Object in this way, you
get a Spell, if your Craft permits it.

#44 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

Thanks Velhart

Exorcist's fourth ability sounds funny, it won't be used a lot of times, but sounds funny

Enter the Talisman Island!

#45 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

Nemomon said:

Thanks Velhart

Exorcist's fourth ability sounds funny, it won't be used a lot of times, but sounds funny

Do you mean the exorcise ability or  the (discard object ability?)

I have the feeling you mean the last one..? ( discarding forbidden objects sounds fun to me and it's a rare ability

The Exorcist has a very good balance in my eyes 

PS: It reminds me about the priest with the cross skill, but with a little change that the exorcist don't get a spell if he defeats them automatic.

#46 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

My mistake , of course the ability of discarding Objects. It is a little balanced, however considering the fact of max 3 Spells (and due to original Rules, he cannot take a new one, then discard useless one), he start the game with 1 and killing two Spirits is not a problem at all, he might not use his skills a lot of times. Also for destroying "evil" objects, he should have another kind of prizes - he don't need to have two spellgaining abilities. Giving +1 to stats, or even +1 to fate could be better, especially considering the fact how many there is "evil" objects in the game..

#47 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:26 AM

Nemomon said:

My mistake , of course the ability of discarding Objects. It is a little balanced, however considering the fact of max 3 Spells (and due to original Rules, he cannot take a new one, then discard useless one), he start the game with 1 and killing two Spirits is not a problem at all, he might not use his skills a lot of times. Also for destroying "evil" objects, he should have another kind of prizes - he don't need to have two spellgaining abilities. Giving +1 to stats, or even +1 to fate could be better, especially considering the fact how many there is "evil" objects in the game..

It's no problem for me. You can see it as a extra fun ability. How about it if you draw the runesword. it's fun that you can discard it, so that no one else can take it, and you get a spell as a present

Anyway, the ability that you get a spell for killing(conquered)a spirit is powerful enough

On top of that, he has the psychic attack ability too !  awesome !

#48 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

I check the Evil only objects, and fact, maybe except of Sould Drinker, there is some objects to destroy. Funny will be, when Exorcist will become Evil, then he will destroy the Objects

#49 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

Nemomon said:

I check the Evil only objects, and fact, maybe except of Sould Drinker, there is some objects to destroy. Funny will be, when Exorcist will become Evil, then he will destroy the Objects

well, if the Exorcist is evil, then it will be unwise to destroy evil objects, because you can use it yourself at that moment, unless you really want a spell of course, or get rid of the object.. 

#50 gonrhade

gonrhade

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:38 AM

like  "satan, all the good staff is gone" maybe he could destroy holly objekts and holly lifeforms ;)

btw if your friend gives you all what is the text about? it is two pages long.

#51 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

The Exorcist does seem to have a lot tricks up his sleeve compared to other characters... base characters that is.  But they are all somewhat conditional.  He seems fairly balanced, but only some playing will tell for sure.  I think some complaints here about balance are too oriented towards a lot new characters that are overgunned as they are.

Too bad (once again) that as a religious character, a theurge of sorts, there isn't an alignment limitation on him.  If he becomes anything but Good, he should lose all of those abilities until he reverts to Good.  The source of his abilities is based in the THE alignment power that granted them; if he falls from favor with that alignment, his abilities would not flip to another alignment but be stripped until he repents.

#52 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

Update nr 2 !

Juggler
Strength 2, Craft: 4, Life: 4, Gold: , Fate: 5, Alignment: Good, Start: City

Abilities:

- Instead of attacking another character, you can impress him with your skills
and take away a goldpiece from him.
- Instead of attacking a monster in combat, you can try to confuse it. Roll 1 die
and add your craft: if you exceed the strength of the monster, you can avoid
it. If you fail, you must fight.
- At the tavern, city, village, castle and on the market you can earn a goldpiece
with a performance. If you do, you may not take any actions on that space in this
turn.

---------------

This will be the last update for today !

More are coming tomorrow !

#53 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

Velhart said:

Good char that can psychic combat, isn't that against some unwritten rule ? Otherwise sounds like a beefed up Priest.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#54 Gelmaron

Gelmaron

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:49 AM

The Exorcist's ability to destroy objects that are forbidden to Good players seems a little dumb, unless they also have the ability that their alignment is always Good. Who would want that ability, when their Exorcist turns Evil or Neutral? If the Exorcist turns Neutral or Evil, I guess you could still use the object destroying power in order to get a spell, but it seems like a waste.

#55 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

Dam said:

Velhart said:

Good char that can psychic combat, isn't that against some unwritten rule ? Otherwise sounds like a beefed up Priest.

Oh, i have not realised yet, that he is the first good character who has that ability.

I have actually never compare those ability's with allignment.

Well, he seems better than the priest, but the priest has the pray + 1 ability..

But i like the ability's from the Exorcist more

#56 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:07 AM

Gelmaron said:

The Exorcist's ability to destroy objects that are forbidden to Good players seems a little dumb, unless they also have the ability that their alignment is always Good. Who would want that ability, when their Exorcist turns Evil or Neutral? If the Exorcist turns Neutral or Evil, I guess you could still use the object destroying power in order to get a spell, but it seems like a waste.

But you don't have to destroy it, because.. as long as you are evil, then you can use it too.

I guess that if you ever changed back from evil to good, then i assume that you can still destroy it before you must ditch the object..

Very handy..

---------

The Exorcist wants to claim the objects for his own, and if he can not take it... (zap) he discard it, and get's a spell  

But if your alignment is evil and you draw a object for good characters, then you cannot destroy it, nor keep it, so then you must ditch it..

But that's only if you are evil..( you can better try to change to good again

#57 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:46 AM

I must say that the Juggler can earn a lot of gold in the game. ( same as leprechaun)

But i rather play the thief because of his mule, and objects stealing..

On the other side.. the Juggler can use his performance to evade the text space of the tavern and get one gold ( same for castle..)

That's makes those spaces useful for him..( on top of that, ( no worries about the enchantress or meeting a mystic

#58 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

Is the Juggler's monster ability meant to mean he can Evade the monster on a successful check? That is, he can prance around and possibly nab Objects from a monster guarding them?

#59 Gelmaron

Gelmaron

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

Dam said:

Is the Juggler's monster ability meant to mean he can Evade the monster on a successful check? That is, he can prance around and possibly nab Objects from a monster guarding them?

That is what I understood the text to meant, that the Juggler's ability to confuse the monster and "avoid it" basically meant to evade it.

#60 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

Just curious that it wasnt like the Minstrel with Animals/Dragons, who can choose not to fight them, but which isn't Evading per the rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS