SoCal Meta(s) - LA and San Diego

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#41 Bronson

Bronson

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

Yeah that was fun thanks for coming out everyone.

DeathJester... Yeah let's do it!

#42 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the games last night.  I hope I did not slow the game down too much.  A weekly game night sounds good. 

#43 Fancy B

Fancy B

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hey DJ. Yeah, that would be really cool if you wanted to come up here and play; you could give us a chance to play against a more experienced player. I don't know about starting a league though; it doesn't sound like anyone plays in the immediate area.

#44 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

If anyone knows of any stores that sell AGoT up in the LA area, can you please provide Gualdo with some help here:

http://www.fantasyfl...&efpag=0#328544

He's going to be in SF and LA towards the end of June, and he's looking to buy stuff out here.

#45 Arcaine

Arcaine

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hi all,

I am a friend of Deathjester and Bronson so I play AGoT with them periodically when we can work out a meet.

I live in Oceanside and I am usually up for a game with a bit of notice.

Hopefully I can get back involved once I move again.

#46 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

Last call for anyone wanting to play Thrones at Kublacon!

I am leaving early Friday morning, and can pick you up if you're on the way.  4 day passes at the door are $50, and I will most likely have a room with floor spcae available.  I will also have extra decks with me, if you'd like to play one.

#47 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Sorry Deathjester I am not going to make it to Kublacon.  Bay area is to far a drive for the one day I would have time to be there.  Next year I can plan ahead and take the whole weekend.

#48 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

@WTFGamer

Awesome to see you at Kublacon.  I have some friends up in the LA area that might be interested in getting together to play sometime.  What weekends work for you?  I'll check with them and see if I can get them to come out.

#49 Bronson

Bronson

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

Next meetup is 7pm on June 7 at Game Empire in San Diego. Expecting a good crowd this time... join us in growing the San Diego meta with AGoT: the only game that matters!

#50 WTFGamer

WTFGamer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Thanks be to all  for providing this noob a great Kubla-con experience!

It was great getting a chance to field my first AGOT constructed deck. It got crushed, but I had a great time learning how to play. Seeing some of the Pro's lay the smack down in a variety of different ways was inspiring. I got a glimpse of the depth the game has. I've been itching to find some time and tear apart my Greyjoy deck.

@Fancy B:  We should get together brother!

-Chris

#51 RyanSD

RyanSD

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi all. My name is Ryan and I'm in San Diego. Im just getting into the game but i'm building decks and ready to play.

#52 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

Bronson, sorry I missed it Monday.  I have been on travel for work this week but things should be back to normal by Friday.  If you want to get together Monday I can meet you there.

#53 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

We have scheduled to meet up this coming Monday June 14th at Game Empire.  We're planning on 7pm, but I know some will be there earlier.  I'll get there as soon as I can after my kids get in bed.

#54 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

Anyone interested in getting together on the 28th for some Thrones at Game Empire?  We can all get together and formally decide how and if we want to run a league.

Also, GRRM will be doing a signing at Mysterious Galaxy on Clairemont Mesa July 7th.  If you're interested, see his website http://georgerrmartin.com/

#55 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

The 28th sounds good to me.

#56 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

Gwanum said:

The 28th sounds good to me.

Cool.  Bronson and RyanSD are both in as well.  Hopefully they'll bring friends, and we can finalize how we want to run our league.

#57 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

Sorry guys.  Moving with 2 small children has proven to be a lot slower than I originally anticipated.  I'm not going to be able to make it tonight (28th) since we're still unpacking.

Bronson is still going to be there, so everyone should still show up.

Also, I talked with Bronson and we'll be meeting up next week as well (the 5th).  If you can stomach 2 weeks in a row, come on out!!!

#58 RyanSD

RyanSD

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

Alex and I will be at GE tonight the 28th. I'm pretty sure i can make it on the 5th but not 100% yet.

#59 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

So, Bronson and I will be at GE this coming Mon. (7/26) for some Thrones.  I may have a special guest with me.

I'll be able to make it around 6:30pm and I'm really looking to test some decks against you guys as this will be the last open gaming session I'll be able to attend before Gencon.  Also, we need to finalize the details for a tourney/league play so we can get that started in mid-August.

I look forward to seeing you guys all there.

#60 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the games Monday night.  I was able to get four games in and watch most of another one.  Also it was nice to meet Luke.  All in all a fun night of Thrones.

We never did decide anything about starting up a tourney or league play.  I guess we will figure that out after Gencon.

Joe

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS