Photo

The Future - Information/Rumours/Speculation Consolidation Thread (Update: RoaM - Knights Panther + Higher Ground)

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

If you click the link under any of your posts to "report to moderator" it will open your post with a URL that contains 'reportar' change that word (and only that word) to 'editar' and you can edit your post as often as you would like no matter how much time has past, without having to post anywhere else.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#42 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

Cool it works, thanks Dormouse.

#43 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

dormouse said:

If you click the link under any of your posts to "report to moderator" it will open your post with a URL that contains 'reportar' change that word (and only that word) to 'editar' and you can edit your post as often as you would like no matter how much time has past, without having to post anywhere else.

:D Awesome. There isn't much noticable reformatting tbh, I was trying to see if this forum had spoiler tags to condense down some old stuff, but unfortunately not :(

#44 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

New info on Skaven cards up

Rat Ogres and Gutter Runners

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

#45 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Toqtamish said:

New info on Skaven cards up

Rat Ogres and Gutter Runners

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Added ^^

#46 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

EDIT: Added new Expansion Pack cards to the images section of Assault on Ulthuan.

#47 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

EDIT: Brutal Offering added. Will be updating battle pack sections to complete known text spoilers later, have been swamped with uni work :(

#48 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

EDIT: Added recent images, will update spoiler sections later.

#49 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

EDIT: Added (shamelessly stole) TaC spoiler from Wytefang. Added Great Unclean One and Clan Moulder's Elite to images.

#50 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

EDIT: Added image of Ulric's Fury from the new weekly article.

#51 f7eleven

f7eleven

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

So who's got there DD cards?  I'm dying to see the spoiler!

#52 LordMalinari

LordMalinari

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

EDIT: Split into new and old posts added new images, Deathmaster's Dance spoiler to follow

(and on an unrelated note, it looks like my LGS finally has Deathmaster's Dance in stock!)

#53 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

Since this thread is also about speculation...

What do people think we are likely to see in regards to the High and Dark Elves? I think we've seen enough cards to get an idea of general themes, anyone want to speculate more?

And what do you think we are likely to see in the BP Cycle? Further development of the main 6 races or introduction of new alignment races like Skaven? If the later which race (races?!) do you think is most likely and why. Or instead which do you want to see the most and why?

#54 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:04 AM

HElfs looking more and more Blue, Unsummoning effects in the two just previewed cards. Currently they are lacking any sort of hitting power from their Units. I know they will probably be better on defense (Dragonmage + Gromril Armour ), but do need to some damage-dealers.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#55 darkdeal

darkdeal

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

I don't know too much about the warhammer world but I would like to see lizardmen as the order aligned neutrals.

I think High Elves are going to be very defensive. Damage prevention and cancellation, healing. I wouldn't be suprised to see some "milling" strategies going specifically to the High Elves.

#56 RexGator

RexGator

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

I think Dark Elf is going to be very "triksy".  We know that they have hand destruction, counterstrike, toughness and health linked to developments.  This all helps them stabalize and play for control.  We know they sorta have a "direct damage" technique in the form of negative HP effects.  I am expecting that they are going to hold people at bay and then kill them with the death of a thousand cuts (or rain of a thousand reaper bolts).  I am guessing we will see some type of support card that works off of sacrificing units. You know the ones they just took away from you with their tactic.

Have not that much about High Elfs but the other speculation seems reasonable.  Not real up to speed on the Warhammer Universe but if the Brettonians are considered a seperate race from Empire, I bet they appear as the Order neutral race.

#57 Artemus Maximus

Artemus Maximus

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Like others I'm afraid Dark Elves are going to be overpowering the High Elves. I do not have any bias because i knew nothing of Warhammer before this game. But DE seem to have more versatility in units, easier to deal damage. With the preview this is ever more worrisome for me - the resetting power of the HE is the returning to hand approach. ok, not bad. yours go as well with the tactic revealed in latest preview of expansion. BUT, DE already have some decent discard options...so does chaos. Then youre left without your units, while opponent can (slowly) bring theirs back. Just waiting to find out that WON'T be the case :) Now if there was something that penalized opponent for having X cards or more... Definitely excited with the new BP w/ the War Hydra & SIlver Helm Detachment as its something new and possibly we'll see more of.

IF the expansion does include a booklet of additional (multiplayer) rules, i think it may be their intention that more than one core set be involved, in order to have enough tokens. Otherwise if tokens are included, how could you not play on its own? youd have enough cards, boards, rules online & faq...unless im missing something.

And i vote for Tomb Kings to be included in future BP :)

#58 Iffo

Iffo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Didn't they state already that the expansion will feature both multiplayer rules and additional tokens? I may be wrong but I seem to recall something along these lines.

As for HE vs DE - it's early to judge their strength or balance as we haven't seen the main batch of cards for either faction. It's like judging Chaos and Empire just from the content of the BattlePacks!

I don't think we'll see Tomb Kings or Lizardmen in the next BP Cycle. Maybe something more conventional like Bretonia (order-aligned neutrals) or possibly Wood Elves. It will surely be centred around some order faction, as the current cycle is destruction themed. 

(-o-)   (-o-)   (-o-)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (-co-)   (-co-)   (-co-)  

:>8@8<:   :>8@8<:   :>8@8<:   o=<@>=o   o=<@>=o   o=<@>=o   -</o\>-   -</o\>-   @-|=---o   @-|=---o 

#59 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

Well Lizardmen would be Order... and the Skaven have definitely been more of the titular focus of the BP the zealots and witch hunters have also received some love. I expect that the next one may be a bit more thematically balanced. I definitely hope one of the undead is brought in. My Games Workshop days for Warhammer predate their inclusion so I would be thrilled to get a chance to play with them.

Un-related someone created a fantasy set for Lizardmen which was pretty interesting and gave them their own racial keyword. I don't remember what it was but I love the idea.

I understand the Beastmen of Chaos have been split from the Hordes yes? That would be something I'd love to see also. James are you listening? Give me Beastmen! Rawr!

#60 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

More likely we will get something like the Skavens just for order.  I hope for Bretonia.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS