• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#41 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

Widowmaker78 said:

My images that I am trying to get are in PDF format. Does anyone know how to get individual images from a PDF? It won't let me "Save picture as" or Save image as" so I'm having some trouble.

My guess is that you need the full version of Acrobat to export them as pictures...but I'm not 100% sure of that. 

As to your other question (how you build a new card set/list), I have no idea and am curious myself.

#42 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Just quick question. I have never used this client before. How can I join a game? Is there a public server somewhere? Or can I play just with some friend? Do one of us has to have a public IP?

#43 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:57 AM

I think I found it. So does anyone want to play now: join me 84.42.224.231. Just want to try it.

#44 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

How do i put cards face down into play? e.g if I put cards in shadow or during setup...?

#45 Rogue30

Rogue30

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Keep shift pressed.

Here, handy shortcuts

#46 Penek

Penek

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

that program doesnt work under latest Firefox, as plugin for FF to install program not working.

#47 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

Sorry Penek, I use latest version of Firefox and I cannot understand your problem. Explain me better. 

#48 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

If I put counter on my cards (e.g. renown) how do I discard them then?

#49 eloooooooi

eloooooooi

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Penek said:

that program doesnt work under latest Firefox, as plugin for FF to install program not working.

Just download the app from the official webpage and run it locally.

#50 Rogue30

Rogue30

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Rozy said:

If I put counter on my cards (e.g. renown) how do I discard them then?

Just drag them out of card. Then you can drop it on another card or table (discard).

#51 Penek

Penek

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

eloooooooi said:

Penek said:

Just download the app from the official webpage and run it locally.

yeah. that worked out already,

and about plugin, on site it says that you need plugin for that kind of app's.. and homepage of that app. saying its for old Firefox. not for 3.5.x

#52 LetsGoRed

LetsGoRed

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

I finally got around to downloading the program and the AGoT files. Gualdo, thanks for spending what I imagine was a good amount of time to create the game file and the card files. I was poking around with it and I think I've figured out how most all AGoT game activities would be accomplished, except I can't figure out how to play a card from my hand face down onto the table for Shadows (I can play it to the table and then flip it, but then my opponent would briefly see the card I assume). Also, one suggestion, for the Plot Deck can it be set that double clicking it brings up the view all window (I expect this what is the most common thing to do with the Plot deck)? Lastly, the Power and Gold trackers (above the hand area) are independent of the markers placed on cards, correct?

#53 finitesquarewell

finitesquarewell

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

LetsGoRed said:

except I can't figure out how to play a card from my hand face down onto the table for Shadows (I can play it to the table and then flip it, but then my opponent would briefly see the card I assume)

twn2dn was telling me he too was having this problem... the opponent can indeed see the card, and that seems like a pretty big drawback

#54 LetsGoRed

LetsGoRed

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Well, if it is not possible to play a card from your had to the table face down, the work around *may* be to have the game file define a fifth "Shadows" deck/pile that starts the game empty (like the dead and discard piles) that is defined so only the controlling player can see it. It looks like a player can drag a card from his hand directly to a deck/pile, but I don't know if during this transition stage whether it becomes visiable to the opponent, plus there's a serious problem in that the chat window announces the title of the card being moved and I assume both players see this, so unless that can be disabled, we're back to square one. It'll be a shame if Shadows can't be solved, because otherwise it's a pretty nice interface.

#55 LetsGoRed

LetsGoRed

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

I think I just figured out how to do it, sorta.

For a card in your hand, first left-mouse-hold *then* hold Shift, then drag the card out onto the table. When you get it where you want, let go of the left mouse button first (if you let go of Shift first, it will instantly flip face up). Once on the table face down, you can drag and on the table face down. To flip facing while on the table, hover over the card and hit F8. Here's the problem: it still seems to announce the card's title in the chat window even though I think it is entering play face down. Is it possible that some info in the chat window is not seen by all players but only the player who "should" know? If both players can see this chat announcement with the card's title, then I think we're stuck until the developer fixes that behavior.

#56 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

Sorry for the delay in reply but my timezone doesn't allow me to reply fast your questions. Regarding Shadows LetsGoRed has already explained that you have to drag card into table pressing sx button of mouse and SHIFT.

F8 is a quick button to flip cards and F5 is a shortcut to stand all your cards. Regarding the plot suggestion I think it is useful so I'll try to make the change (if I'm not able i'll contact the guy who make the patch).

I have already ordered Battle of the bay but usually I have to wait 2 weeks to have it delivered to me. If someone has it and can scan the cards please send them to me gualdo@tiscali.it so I can (with the help of Rogue30) update the system.

ENJOY!

#57 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

regarding chat problemthat "announce card" entering in play don't worry. In your chat you see the name of the card but in opponent chat the player only sees "Player x play a card ". You can test it (simply open 2 OCTG2 session on your pc and in one create a game, with the other join it and simulate a game).

#58 Rogue30

Rogue30

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

LetsGoRed said:

I think I just figured out how to do it, sorta.

If you would read previous posts, maybe you could save time

BTW: F5/8 don't work for me. It's not a problem, because you can use ctrl or mouse to group of cards, but I'm curious why.

#59 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hey, dont you want to create some kind of forum or chat room, where players that want to play could post their IP addresses so we can play with people around the whole world?

#60 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

Would be great if someone could create a thread where we can specify our user and our skype contact (IP in most of the cases is variable so it is better to connect eachother via chat and then inform other player about IP).

Remember to not use VIRTUAL Network like Hamachi that goes in conflict with OCTG2 sometimes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS