OCTG2 plugin for AGOT LCG

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#21 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Here's the link to download King's Landing patch censored updated at "Secret and spies" CP

http:/**********************************

ENJOY!!!

------------------

Waiting approvation by FFG

--------------------

#22 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

Just curious, is there a way to create my own cards and/or upload my own images to cards? (I'm not particularly tech savvy when it comes to programming...is it just a matter of scanning an image and saving it in a particular folder?) Thanks!

#23 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

Yes you can :-)

the files o8s are normally zup file. So extract them on your pc. Then there is the folder "cards". Replace mine censored with yours. Then re-zip the package and change extension of the file from .zip to .o8s. Then reopen OCTG2 go to 'manage installed games' andold set and reinstall with the new

Hope this help

ciao

andrea

#24 Comm

Comm

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

That's great  to have all recent cards ! Thanks a lot.

I wanted to let you know that I found a wrong card in the Core Set cards : Quaithe of the Shadow. The scanned (and text) version in your plugin is the Iron Throne promo edition.

#25 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:24 AM

Hmm...

Can you email me the details (or the source of the plugin?)

It's my forum name at gmail

#26 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

x Comm: there should be both versions (arms promotion and core set). Reverify and in case core set is missing I'll fix :-)

x bloodycelt: the source of the plugin is the one that I put in the downloadable links. If you want some details in particular (and you think they are not useful for the other people) write me a mail at gualdo@tiscali.it

ciao

#27 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

I post the link with the A Clash of Arms set revisited (without widow of war, Permutation of power and Quaithe promotion):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WN0PDKLT 

#28 Dr. Schlotter

Dr. Schlotter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for your effort, man! This is exactly what my brother and I were looking for! The only problem is that I am a total ass concerning computers. My question is, do I need to have VistaDB to run the OCTGN2 program? I understand that VistaDB isn't available free, is that correct?

Cheers

#29 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:20 AM

I run it on windows xp and have no problem. I don't know what is VistaDB but it is not a requirement.

http://www.octgn.net/downloads.php

for more info.

ciao

a.

#30 Dr. Schlotter

Dr. Schlotter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the quick answer! Problem is, the downloaded OCTG-file is a vdb3 file and I can't open it. So I browsed the interwebs and stumbled over vistaDB (=vdb?). So, do you just click the file and then the program's on?

Cheers

#31 Dr. Schlotter

Dr. Schlotter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:26 AM

Update: seems to work now. I had not installed AGOT properly.

Thank you for your support!

#32 eloooooooi

eloooooooi

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

To run it under Windows Vista you have to download and install 3 things:

1. Windows Vista Service Pack 1

2. .NET Framework for Service Pack 1

3. OCTG

#33 Dr. Schlotter

Dr. Schlotter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

You all have been very kind ! One last question, if you permit. It seems to work now, though I can only run the program by clicking on the "Install OCTGN 2" link at www.octgn.net/downloads.php. Is it supposed to be that way?

Cheers

#34 eloooooooi

eloooooooi

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

Yes, it works that way. You can download it. Just click on the link with the right button of your mouse and choose the "Save destination/link as..."

#35 Dr. Schlotter

Dr. Schlotter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

Got it! Thanks!

BTW I've been lurking the forums here and on Tzuimanns excellent site prior to buying the game (had played it a couple of times), so I know that you're an expert player elooooi (hope I got the number of os right). I think it is fantastic that you and the whole AGOT-scene take the time and answer such silly questions as mine. Speaks volumes. I used to play a lot of Middle Earth CCG (the Iron Crown one) back in the days and I am very excited about AGOT.

Cheers

#36 eloooooooi

eloooooooi

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Well, it's 7 "o" but nevermind, my real name is Eloi :P

I'm not an expert, I'm just a player who is happy to help others :)   Feel free to ask anything and you will get an answer really fast. This community is wonderful.

Oh! And don't feel silly. Everybody has been new to the game once.

#37 Widowmaker78

Widowmaker78

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Ok, I was wondering what the steps are for possibly updating your own card set? Like if I had image files for cards that are older or whatever and I wanted to create my own set what are the steps that I need to take in order to do this?

Also, how do I extract the o8s files in order to change the blurred images? I understand that the o8s files are just changed zip files, so how do I get to the "cards" file if it won't let me unzip it? I'm totally lost.

#38 Rogue30

Rogue30

• Members
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Widowmaker78 said:

how do I get to the "cards" file if it won't let me unzip it?

Simply change extension of the file from .o8s to .zip

#39 Widowmaker78

Widowmaker78

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:25 AM

Awesome, I don't know how I didn't think of that.

Now how do I go about making my own set of cards?

#40 Widowmaker78

Widowmaker78

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:51 AM

My images that I am trying to get are in PDF format. Does anyone know how to get individual images from a PDF? It won't let me "Save picture as" or Save image as" so I'm having some trouble.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS