NHL Discussion 2009-2010

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

Nice sissy goon the Flyers have there. way to pick on and kick the crap out of a NON FIGHTING FINESSE SCORER.

I have no respect for Philly. None.

Punks.

#22 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:21 AM

lol i was waiting for this. and have 3 responses:

1) gaborik dropped the gloves 1st

2) where was the rest of your team to grab carcillo before anything could happen? were the d-men really that concerned about keeping the faceoff in the flyers zone over letting gaborik get tangled up w. carcillo?!?!

3) Avery got knocked the **** OUT!!!!

#23 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

I'm not commenting here about teh Ranegrs standing aorund and letting that happen - I'll save my comments on THAT subject for the NY Rnagers message boards.

Your guy is still a p-y for figting with a sniper. Gaborik dropped his gloves after he got face rubbed.

#24 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

Oh No! the dreaded face rub!!!!!!! the horror and dispicible-ness(i can't do daffy duck imitations) of those flyers players.

speaking of face rubs.....was it just me or when avery was trying to get richards to fight at the end of the game (intentionally, not as part of a scrum btw) did his face rub look more like a tender caress?

#25 Sellsword

Sellsword

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

They really should have gotten you two for this commercial:

#26 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

Madison Square Garden, Home of the overpaid underacheivers, though to be fair they traded away 2 to get 1 in this deal:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4879030

#27 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

its a good move - the Kotalik contract was clearly a mistake and when we let jokkinen walk afetr this year, we will save teh 6 million Kotlik would have cost ove the next two eyars. plsu we got rid of higgins' contract as well - though he was unrestricted also - so it really doens't affect 10-11 bottom line.

I would love to get rid of the Rosival and Redden contartcs as well. I think the Rnagers absolutley need to be sellers this year. Gte younger, get cheaper and don't trade prospects or picks just so you can finish eighth and get blow out by the Caps. I don't know if sather can do that though - and he really, really has to go. Ten years and two playoff wins? Freaking please.

#28 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:00 AM

Is this some kind of alternate reality?

How the hell did the Devils end up landing Kovy?  I'm not even sad about losing Oduya and Bergfors.  The 1st round pick kindda hurts, but the Devils are stacked with prospects in the coming years.

A few things:

1)  There's no way we're going to keep him once he's a UFA July 1st.  If Kovy really wants the money Atlanta made it sound like he wanted, then there's no way Lou is going to pay that.  Of course, maybe Kovy just really wanted out of Atlanta and would settle for something more reasonable.  He's got to be just a rental for this year.

2)  I wonder about chemistry.  One thing is for sure, he'll be asked to play at both ends of the ice, and better not whine about it.  I aslo wonder, if he has the team first mentality that fits with the Devils.

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.  Lou NEVER pulls this kind of crap.  Hopefully it works out well.

#29 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

yeah this is an odd one. He doesn't really give you guys scoring depth. still basically a one line team scoring wise, maybe they felt that martty was reaching the end and want to try and win one last one....

#30 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

Lars said:

yeah this is an odd one. He doesn't really give you guys scoring depth. still basically a one line team scoring wise, maybe they felt that martty was reaching the end and want to try and win one last one....

Oh, that's definitely part of it.  Kovy will certainly help out our PP.  So, I'm guessing Langs, Zajac, and Parise will stay on the first line with Zubrus, Elias, and Kovy on line two.  Mixing in Rolston every now and then.  With the rate Lemaire changes lines around, he'll probably get some action on the first line as well.

#31 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

for some reason i thought pairse was a C, those two would be sick together. Plus i gotta imagine they wouldn't trade for him and not put him on top line. Is Elias 100%?

#32 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Patty is still recovering from a concusion, but he's practicing with the team and will be back probably on Mon. for the Flyers.  Martin should be back after the olympic break, and hopefully Clarkson will be back soon as well from his broken leg.

I guess Kovy was skating with Zubs and Langs on the second line.  Not sure who's skating with Zajac and Parise on line one, probably Rolston.  Zajac is the C for that line and has awesome chemistry with Parise.  They both played for North Dakota, not to gether, but same system, so they have meshed really well since day 1.  Kovy will get the ice time he deserves though.  Lemaire always switches things up.

I think the main goal at this point is to see how Kovy does away from Parise, so we can possibly generate 2 scoring lines and take a bit of the defensive heat off of Parise and Zajac.  This will be an interesting experiment.

#33 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

see the only problem i have w/ splitting up kuck and pairse is to give one ice time you take it away from the other. Just checked the box score of the game tonight and other zuburs getting only his 4th of the year, I was surprised to see that Kuck has more Ice time then Parise....but that might have a bit to do w/ kucks fondness of long shifts.

#34 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

well an inconsistent and disappointing season is most likely over tonight. Leighton (the flyers miracle goalie and except for a game or two their best player these last 15 games...sad huh?) just got hurt......

I said somewhere earlier I can't have positive expectations for a season because they will find a way to ruin those expectations....

#35 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

Wathever - i am half hoping for Boston to beat the NYR on Sunday - just becuase I want this team put out of tis misery.

They didn't even show up Tuesday night. Montreal skated circles around them and won every loose puck battle all night. The kids are just too imature and there is no depth behinf Gaborik and Prospal. Rangers need to let Prospal and Jokkinnen wlak in the off season and they need to get out form under soem awful contracts - liek redden adn Rosival.

I have no desire to see them squeak into an eight palce seed and get shelled by the Caps in the first round.

and I really do like the Caps in this season's tourney.

#36 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ha!!!!  That's what you get Lars when you play the Devils.  ZERO National TV coverage.  Take that!!!

Every other team has games on Versus....  nothing new, but completely stupid.

#37 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

lol good maybe being out of the spotlight is what the flyers need.......

as i said before this matchup scares more the nanyone but washington...why the whole freaking city wanted us to play the devils and that generally = epic fail.....the whoel city wanted the phils to play the yankees in the world series...how did that work out.....bleh

#38 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Congrats to the Flyers.

I'm pretty OK with yesterday's result. Teh Flyers were the better team adn they are much more likely to do damage in the tournament. It really would ahve felt like stealing a playoff spot if they won in the shootout. I despise gimmicky shootouts.

More to teh point, i think its best for teh organization that they missed the tournmaent. Thsi was sather can't pretend they are only a player away (which is kind of what I thought as well goign inot this season). I think the roster needs an overhaul and I pretty much hate the whoel tema except for about five or six guys - Gaborik, Lundqvist, Drury, Callahan and Dubinsky. and maybe Girardi and Staal. Too early to tell on teh kid defensemen. Other than that - pacl 'em up and ship 'em out. Prospal. Jokkinen, Redden,. Ansimov, Rosival, - the lot of them. See ya.

#39 LetsGoRed

LetsGoRed

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

On Sunday I was driving one of my kids home from his skating lesson and listening to the Rangers-Flyers game on the radio and was so in the "playoff" mindset that I was momentarily confused when the game ended and the announcers started talking about the five minute overtime about to start when I was geared up for a break and a 20min OT.  

I guess I should be pleased with the matchup the B's got, since they did win the season series against Buffalo. But I don't see the B's as much of threat to anyone beyond the first round.

#40 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

LetsGoRed said:

On Sunday I was driving one of my kids home from his skating lesson and listening to the Rangers-Flyers game on the radio and was so in the "playoff" mindset that I was momentarily confused when the game ended and the announcers started talking about the five minute overtime about to start when I was geared up for a break and a 20min OT.  

a good article on why shootouts suck and about going to only a 2 point for the winner situation instead of the crap we have. If the flyers had been playing good (i.e. not sucking into almost missing the playoffs) and then missed the playoffs becuase of a lost shootout i'd be very unhappy right now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS