Poke an Astropath in the Eye

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DocIII

DocIII

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

Hmmmmmm.....Rogue Trader does include the "Baleful Eye" bionic eye w/ bulit in hellpistol in its bionics section....  

#22 Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Bilateralrope said:

Artaxerxes said:

Bilateralrope said:

Do Astropaths usually cover their empty eye sockets or leave them exposed ?

And what could be hidden in one ?

Depends very much on the Astropath, some sew there eyelids shut (and some of those paint false eyes on the lids), some wear bandages/bandanas over the sockets, again with decoration and others leave the raw sockets alone.

For those wishing to fill the gaps as it where, bionic sensors, head tubes or loose change is entirely appropriate

I'm thinking more along the lines of a concealed weapon. Probably eye lasers since the recoil from other weapons could be a problem.

Ah a true roleplayers answer, not "how do I maintain the impact of such a crippling change" but instead "How do I turn a physical disability into a weapon?"

#23 Bilateralrope

Bilateralrope

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

Artaxerxes said:

Bilateralrope said:

Artaxerxes said:

Bilateralrope said:

Do Astropaths usually cover their empty eye sockets or leave them exposed ?

And what could be hidden in one ?

Depends very much on the Astropath, some sew there eyelids shut (and some of those paint false eyes on the lids), some wear bandages/bandanas over the sockets, again with decoration and others leave the raw sockets alone.

For those wishing to fill the gaps as it where, bionic sensors, head tubes or loose change is entirely appropriate

I'm thinking more along the lines of a concealed weapon. Probably eye lasers since the recoil from other weapons could be a problem.

Ah a true roleplayers answer, not "how do I maintain the impact of such a crippling change" but instead "How do I turn a physical disability into a weapon?"

Other people had already mentioned how an Astropath learns to compensate* well enough that it isn't a crippling change.

*Unless they get too close to an untouchable.

#24 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

In which case a hellpistol might come in handy :P

#25 Cynical Cat

Cynical Cat

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

The Inquisitor skirmish game had a sample death cult assassin with an digital inferno pistol built into her cyber eye. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS