#61 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

GreyLord said:

DagobahDave said:

Dagobah Dave said:

Why would anyone design a big-name, big-budget, must-succeed game that would be full of such obviously poor design choices? I mean, those would be horrible choices. Awful.

http://www.wizards.c...p?x=dnd/welcome

[sarcasm on]

Wow, OD&D, D&D, AD&D, all by TSR really killed the industry

and now by the above linked page...

4e seems to have lost them the entire RPG industry...WOW!!!

[/sarcasm off]

Actually though, I thought you were ALL FOR this new system...weren't you?

You've been singing enough praises to it that I thought I could sell you beach front property in the middle of the Sahara if I just called it WFRP v4 and mentioned a that it would be grim and dirty as well as having new dice and a new dynamic.

And from what I see, this new system is going to have similar, as you put it..."obviously poor design choices? I mean, those would be horrible choices." as per your statement.

Hmmm, interesting.

When it's out of context, it's not clear that I was talking specifically about WFRP3. I'm referring to WFRP3 as the "big-name, big-budget, must-succeed game".

So the design choices that would be bad for WFRP3 (identical starting characters, mooks that use different rules) might be good for some other game -- and in fact have been. I'm not disputing that.

And yeah, I like a lot of what I've seen in V3. I've also expressed plenty of doubts. You can check out my profile and read all of my posts if you want to see for yourself, since I'm not going to repeat them over and over.

The good stuff is worth repeating, though.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#62 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

vyrago said:

I'm sorry, I'll just re-word my entire first post.  Here goes.  *ahem*

I think it will suck.  do you think it will suck? 

Ill never know cause I have no reason to play it, I have 2E

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS