Adept

Arbitrator

Assassin

Cleric

Guardsman

Imperial Psyker

Scum

Techpriest

Along with these you have descriptions for Home Worlds, which are: Feral World, Hive World, Imperial World and Void Born

#3 Locque

Locque

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

It's certainly worth picking up The Inquisitor's Handbook before beginning anything, as it simply offers a wealth of extra gear (and most importantly, backgrounds) for creating new characters, alternate classes, and expansions on existing skills.

#4 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Locque said:

It's certainly worth picking up The Inquisitor's Handbook before beginning anything, as it simply offers a wealth of extra gear (and most importantly, backgrounds) for creating new characters, alternate classes, and expansions on existing skills.

I agree. For chronological reasons the Inquisitors Handbook is best to pick up first.

#5 numb3rc

numb3rc

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

And don't forget the Sororitas rank, the expanded skills in the back, and goodies like pursuit and crafting rules. And rules for alter egos and contacts! It's really the best choice to get after the main book.

#6 Inquisitor Lord Auron

Inquisitor Lord Auron

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

Im still largely using the core book, i find that to many rules make things confusing and boring for the players, though one of my party is playing a sister (mostly beacuase she wouldnt play otehr wise and i wanted the fun of having a sisster in the party)

#7 Jack of Tears

Jack of Tears

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

I find it is better to make certain you and your players have a solid grasp on the setting/mechanics before introducing additional material.  Much of what is provided can be worked in later through clever use of naration/training/etc.  Learning a new system or setting can be difficult enough without dumping a cartload of optional rules on the players right off the bat.

#8 miss dee

miss dee

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

Jack of Tears said:

I find it is better to make certain you and your players have a solid grasp on the setting/mechanics before introducing additional material.  Much of what is provided can be worked in later through clever use of naration/training/etc.  Learning a new system or setting can be difficult enough without dumping a cartload of optional rules on the players right off the bat.

I hear you on that one.

#9 Lightbringer

Lightbringer

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:32 AM

Legend has it that a heretical genius wrote up a further class - the Imperial Noble - but that could all be a myth. 

http://www.darkreign...al-noble-2.html

#10 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:29 AM

Jack of Tears said:

You'd have to be REAL clever when trying to change someones homeworld AFTER the character has been created and make it sound plausible. Remember that much of the traits given from homeworlds dictate how you should roleplay in a way. (like Imperial Worlders not being to keen to read forbidden and/or heretical texts etc.)

Dark Heresy's rules and game mechanics are relatively simple to learn so I wouldn't worry about the optional character creation rules making it all too confusing...

#11 the 8 spider

the 8 spider

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

from france

usually when i use new rules because i try a new game (more often as master) i try several creation of character than i try a few exemplary situations and finally a few party. it give me the possibility to explore the game in length. it's possible like this to see the merits and flaws of a game whithout to much problemes.

if a charecter was good  we simply keep them a part until the other player have character that match it . if not well it s easy to create aonther one.

#12 miss dee

miss dee

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

the 8 spider said:

from france

usually when i use new rules because i try a new game (more often as master) i try several creation of character than i try a few exemplary situations and finally a few party. it give me the possibility to explore the game in length. it's possible like this to see the merits and flaws of a game whithout to much problemes.

if a charecter was good  we simply keep them a part until the other player have character that match it . if not well it s easy to create aonther one.

Or twist it to how you want it.

#13 TravellingStroyteller

TravellingStroyteller

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Lightbringer said:

Legend has it that a heretical genius wrote up a further class - the Imperial Noble - but that could all be a myth. 

http://www.darkreign40k.com/careers/complete-basic-career-imperial-noble-2.html

Your thread with the Imperial Noble does not exist anymore. Any chance you can repost and perhaps even complete it here on fantasyflightgames.com or on the new Dark Reign 40k site? New site can be found here: http://darkreign.org

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS