• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

I am curious what for endings we get in the future

I hope that Danse Macabre will be added in the next expansion.

#22 crimhead

crimhead

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

I too would love a bonified DM and CoC ending cards that could be shuffled, but let's encourage more official free web based variants!

#23 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

crimhead said:

I too would love a bonified DM and CoC ending cards that could be shuffled, but let's encourage more official free web based variants!

I don't know..

If a very interesting ending will appear on the site, then i must use sticker paper to make a good card of it.

I really hope that most ending cards will be included in a expansion  (Danse Macabre included)

#24 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

My typical way of making character sized cards, including alt-endings, is to put them in a JPG or PDF with front at the top and back upside down at the bottom. The edges (bottom of front, upward bottom of back) are flush together.  Then I take them to a print shop and have them run off on photostock (not plain photo pager). 

Once back at home, I use a craft knife to cut them out together, front and back, as one unit, not cutting between them.  I use as straight edge to but them up against and a triangle to get square cuts.  I lightly score (cut) between the front and back but not all the way through.  I apply glue with glue stick to the backside then fold along the light cut line. The card comes out nearly perfect every time. It is stouter and more durable than any of the commercial cards.  Aside from time and supplies most people already have, the cost is about $1+ per card. 

Of course you can also simply cut the front and back separately and glue them together, but I've found the score and fold technique works better once you get the hang of it.  First time out, get two print outs of the card you'll try to make so you have one to practice on.  Couldn't be easier... unless you have a color printer at home and some photostock handy... although typically for ink and paper the average "cost" for printing a quality card (600dpi output) is 3 to 5 times as much as at a print shop and the print quality won't match what the copy shop can do.

This technique can be applied easily enough to any of web released alt-endings provided by FFG.

#25 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

I wonder if the next expansion will contain some new endings.

The last 3 expansions: Frostmarch, Highlands, Sacred Pool, all got 3 new endings.

We have already 3 end bosses: Ice Queen, Eagle King, and Demon Lord.

I hope we don't get more of those bosses!  except a Dragon King, like 2th edition where you must roll a die to see what will happen.

I still hope for a new refreshed Pandora's Box ending card.

#26 crimhead

crimhead

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Velhart said:

We have already 3 end bosses: Ice Queen, Eagle King, and Demon Lord.

I hope we don't get more of those bosses! 

We need a strength only ending to balance the Demon Lord.

#27 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

crimhead said:

Velhart said:

We have already 3 end bosses: Ice Queen, Eagle King,Demon Lord.

I hope we don't get more of those bosses! 

We need a strength only ending to balance the Demon Lord.

The Dragon King from 2th edition dragons is a strength only ending.

Funny enough, there were 2 dragon King endings in talisman second edition.

#28 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Velhart said:

IIRC, at least the Dragon King from Adventure expansion (was there another DK?) you rolled and might have to fight him in Craft instead of Str, so it wasn't pure Str. Demon King was pure Craft in Adventure exp.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#29 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Dam said:

Velhart said:

IIRC, at least the Dragon King from Adventure expansion (was there another DK?) you rolledmight have to fight him in Craft instead of Str, so it wasn't pure Str. Demon King was pure Craft in Adventure exp.

There was a extra Dragon King ending included in Talisman the Dragon expansion.

You can fight him only with strength.

Players must choose to use this Dragon King ending, or the alternate ending cards

#30 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

Now that we get the Horrible Black Void back from Talisman second edition, which is included in the Blood Moon expansion, 

there are only 2 alternate endings left, that we don't have!

Pandora's Box

Belt of Hercules

#31 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

Velhart said:

Now that we get the Horrible Black Void back from Talisman second edition, which is included in the Blood Moon expansion, 

Pandora's Box

Belt of Hercules

Do you think these are more likely to come in a corner board expansion, or a smaller one?

-Oberon

#32 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

0beron said:

Velhart said:

Pandora's Box

Belt of Hercules

Do you think these are more likely to come in a corner board expansion, or a smaller one?

-Oberon

I think that it actually does not matter.

FFG can put them anytime in a board or small expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS