Photo

dut's 2009 tourney log #6 - Calgary Regional (Calgary, Alberta, Canada), 2nd Place

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 dutpotd

dutpotd

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

BenMajor said:

Wow...you remember all that? And I thought I had a Photographic Memory. (I do, it's in my Legacy Collection...obscure UFS joke.)

Much thanks for the support, the well-written rundown, and of course the match. I honestly didn't expect Felicia to get the better of you, at the very least, not easily. And you can bet after the thrashing I got, I'll be looking to put up a better fight next time.

After my first regionals, I seem to have found a niche, and will likely keep and retool a deck for the first time in my CCG-playing life! I'll still make secondaries so I can learn and grow (and **** around).

Grats on the 'Silver', and see you next time!

Thank you Ben. And I'll say it again, top 8ing with E Honda in your first event amogst the likes of Zi Mei, Rock Howard, Felciia, and Tira is quite a feat.

You have to remember that not only did I build Felicia, but that Mark is also a very talented player in his own right, especially when he is calm, collected, and determined. He also wanted it very badly, probably moreso than I, and his play exhibited it.

I will be looking forward to seeing you around every week, and playing against you as I prepare to go to Gencon for the worlds competition in a few weeks.

All the best,

- dut

#22 DvON

DvON

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

dutpotd said:

BenMajor said:

Wow...you remember all that? And I thought I had a Photographic Memory. (I do, it's in my Legacy Collection...obscure UFS joke.)

Much thanks for the support, the well-written rundown, and of course the match. I honestly didn't expect Felicia to get the better of you, at the very least, not easily. And you can bet after the thrashing I got, I'll be looking to put up a better fight next time.

After my first regionals, I seem to have found a niche, and will likely keep and retool a deck for the first time in my CCG-playing life! I'll still make secondaries so I can learn and grow (and **** around).

Grats on the 'Silver', and see you next time!

Thank you Ben. And I'll say it again, top 8ing with E Honda in your first event amogst the likes of Zi Mei, Rock Howard, Felciia, and Tira is quite a feat.

You have to remember that not only did I build Felicia, but that Mark is also a very talented AGGRO player in his own right, especially when he is calm, collected, and determined. He also wanted it very badly, probably moreso than I, and his play exhibited it.

I will be looking forward to seeing you around every week, and playing against you as I prepare to go to Gencon for the worlds competition in a few weeks.

All the best,

- dut

there i fixed it. Your right that Mark is a great player but ive seen him play control and it was less the spectacular, but when you put the smash face attacks in his hand he can probably out run the same deck then most player. That kid check WHAT he needs WHEN he needs.

#23 dutpotd

dutpotd

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

DvON said:

there i fixed it. Your right that Mark is a great player but ive seen him play control and it was less the spectacular, but when you put the smash face attacks in his hand he can probably out run the same deck then most player. That kid check WHAT he needs WHEN he needs.

I wouldn't go that far D-man. He does check incredibly well. But the reason Felicia is doing so well for him is that it is an agressive control/counter-control deck that knocks out cards with spinta or nulls abilities with other key cards. It also heavily abuses Heel Snipe and recently Ichi which are predominantly control/counter-control cards.

I do agree that his first time with a control deck is less spectacular than most, i.e. it might take him a bit longer to grasp a control heavy deck than say it takes our scout. But, once playing a deck for a while, and working together with me on the deckbuilding process, Mark can and does play the control components of his deck very well and I'm sure that you would have witnessed a bit of that in his semi-final match against the Zi Mei prior to his kill with Feline.

- dut

ps. I'm hoping a little of this "That kid check WHAT he needs WHEN he needs," can rub off of him onto me come Worlds this year becuase he is saturated in good checks when matching up against me.

#24 Grizzlegrom

Grizzlegrom

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

You are crazy! This deck is pretty awesome I like it!  :) Too bad I won't be able to see this at worlds. :(

#25 dutpotd

dutpotd

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

Grizzlegrom said:

You are crazy! This deck is pretty awesome I like it!  :) Too bad I won't be able to see this at worlds. :(

Yeah, a big downer that you aren't going to be there. I read in some other post that you weren't and I was like - what!!! Our Canadian Nationals Champion isn't going to show up 

What's got you staying home next week? If its money that's one thing, but if it is something else I'd toss it out the window - if only to give me and others like me some of the greatest matches of their UFS life ^^

- dut

#26 Grizzlegrom

Grizzlegrom

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

dutpotd said:

Grizzlegrom said:

Yeah, a big downer that you aren't going to be there. I read in some other post that you weren't and I was like - what!!! Our Canadian Nationals Champion isn't going to show up 

What's got you staying home next week? If its money that's one thing, but if it is something else I'd toss it out the window - if only to give me and others like me some of the greatest matches of their UFS life ^^

- dut

Yeah it is very sad I won't even be able to defend my Legacy championship :(

It's a little bit of the money and more of work not giving me the time off :( I really do apprieciate that though :) and you're one of the people who I'm rooting for the most so don't let me down, if you want to throw some deck ideas back and forth before worlds I can do my best to help you :)

#27 dutpotd

dutpotd

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

Grizzlegrom said:

Yeah it is very sad I won't even be able to defend my Legacy championship :(

It's a little bit of the money and more of work not giving me the time off :( I really do apprieciate that though :) and you're one of the people who I'm rooting for the most so don't let me down, if you want to throw some deck ideas back and forth before worlds I can do my best to help you :)

That means there will be a new Legacy Champ, I'm sure whomever it is you guys will find a time to matchup as 08 v 09 champ for the current grand legacy champ title!

Thank you for the support Kirk, it goes without saying that I'm going to give it my all (not the symbol, I've moved on from that for now lol).

If you want to pass your email my way - you can do so by mine which is gesb83@hotmail.com - then I'd love to toss ideas back and forth over what little time I have left to prepare (I, uh, haven't finalized'my' decks yet, just those for my team member from Calgary).

- Garett (dut)

#28 Grizzlegrom

Grizzlegrom

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

Btw email sent and if you don't have a set team for next year it'd be fun to do it once :)

#29 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

sounds like it was lots of fun .

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS