Chances for an Expansion?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 algi

algi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

I'd love a Mars board where you could travel via the Beanstalk. More espionage, more politics. New puzzle pieces could be added with Martian groups.

#22 The Rog

The Rog

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

With the announcement of Infiltration I would say theres a good chance of something new coming to Android. 

Probably not a big box expansion, but maybe a PoD expansion?
Or maybe (if we're really lucky) they could do a big box stand-alone expansion, like for Mars?
That way, if the stand-alone sells well it would most probably boost Android sales as well.  

#23 jasonpanella

jasonpanella

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

The Rog said:

Or maybe (if we're really lucky) they could do a big box stand-alone expansion, like for Mars?
That way, if the stand-alone sells well it would most probably boost Android sales as well.  

The more people banging the POD drum, the better. 

Doing a stand-alone is something I never thought of, but that could totally work. Something a bit different, but also completely compatible with the base game. I love Android as is, but I realize that there are a lot of people that were interested in the IP but didn't love the game; something like this could possibly interest them, but also please the people who love the original game. 

#24 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

jasonpanella said:

The Rog said:

The more people banging the POD drum, the better. 

Doing a stand-alone is something I never thought of, but that could totally work. Something a bit different, but also completely compatible with the base game. I love Android as is, but I realize that there are a lot of people that were interested in the IP but didn't love the game; something like this could possibly interest them, but also please the people who love the original game. 

If a stand-alone expansion was made, it would have to have 3 to 5 playable characters and a whole new Conspiracy mechanic, let alone a new board. I like the idea, but the game already has so much with the original board. You also would have to consider how much "time" goes by in a day traveling from Earth to Mars, and if that would be worthwhile (I'm guessing losing a day thematically, but the stuff up there would have to be really, really worth it; or, a teleport gate, but then where is that on the board and what is use of beanstalk if people could teleport from moon to Earth and vice versa? idk, food for thought).

I personally believe a card expansion would be terrific. After getting a small play test tonight of the game, I love the theme of the light and dark cards and the plot (definitely the foundation for the game's fun-factor, for me). Expanding on how environment cards that affect investigators independent of light and dark cards and more in-game tie-ins with the murder plots would be the best recommendation I could give FFG.

A Mars expansion is so heavily hinted, that I think that would be good too so long as its at most half the size of the original board, no bigger. As someone said earlier, AH gets very cluttered, and I personally too already have a hard time finding space for the original board.

#25 Faso74

Faso74

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

The easiest possible expansion for Android is a bunch of new detectives, with their corresponding twilight decks, and plots.

They could put it a new murder with its specific events.

This kind of expansion wouldn't need a new board, and would add much to the game for experienced players, that have already tested fully the potential of each detective.

Indeed, it would be really difficult to play with a second board! The first one is so big that almost covers my biggest table :-)

#26 Oaxatl

Oaxatl

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

New game set in the Android IP is announced, called Infiltration.  Deck building game made by the guy who made Dominion, story wise it's a crack team of thieves infiltrating an up-and-coming tech company rival of Jinteki and Haas-Bioroid.  I'm pretty psyched.

#27 Epitaphe

Epitaphe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Having recently bought the game i must say i m really impressed this game is huge.

i can see why it didnt have the success it deserves, many people might have thought the game was an advanced version of cluedo and were disappointed.

I dont know if an expansion is ever coming, but i d like to congratulate FFG.

This game is brilliant

#28 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

I feel the same way about this game.

IT is truly a hidden gem that is misunderstood.

Because of this game , I am picking up Infiltrator and Netrunner.

I would ove to see an expansion even if it is PnP cards for more scenarios or posibly a solo variant with a predefined Killer.

PS, How do i get the  two mail order cards , where are the mail order forms at?

Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

#29 Blackfaer

Blackfaer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'd love to see an expansion that was simply alternate detectives. Wouldn't need much other than new decks, Npc &favors and a few other bits; the hardest part would be writing the stories for their character and plots and such. I'm thinking kick starter would be a good option for those of us who love the game to invest in FFG's time to develop it...

POD would be a reasonable option too, though I suspect in this case, with FFG's scale of production that the development costs actually outweigh the print costs.... Which might make it financially hard to do.
  • Alexca1 likes this

#30 MacDaddy

MacDaddy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Would love an expansion of any kind for this game. It is a thing of beauty.
  • Alexca1 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS