Character Creation System

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Odium

Odium

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

Rogue Traders are more or less resepected members of the Imperial Society, and their ships are full of ancient technology.

I think this is more than enough reason for a Tech Priest to accompany a Rogue Trader, or not?

I'm curious about how the "special bonus" traits will be (like the  +10% to a Shooting Roll for the Arch Militant) and how they will develop in the higher levels.

More special traits? Or will the given bonuses rise?

#22 MDMann

MDMann

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

They might not even exist (traits), but be a group of talents mixed together for simplicity and space in this into (demo).  Of course they might.

#23 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

The special abilities looked like they were not just abbreviated Talents. The Rogue Trader's Special Ability doesn't look like any Talent that existed in Dark Heresy, or any Homeworld Trait either. The Arch-Milirtant one did have a bit which was similar to a Talent, but the rest looked totally different, so again, not one, and the Seneshal one looks totally new in style. I think Special Abilities are something totally new for Rogue Trader. You probably get one ( or get to choose one from a small selection) depending on your class, and it is just meant to further represent the difference in level between a starting DH character and a RT character, without just vastly increasing stats and the number and level of skills (They don't have that many more skills than many DH characters, and only there are only 2 at  +10, presumably so there is still somewhere to grow).

#24 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

Odium said:

Rogue Traders are more or less resepected members of the Imperial Society, and their ships are full of ancient technology.

I think this is more than enough reason for a Tech Priest to accompany a Rogue Trader, or not?

I'm curious about how the "special bonus" traits will be (like the  +10% to a Shooting Roll for the Arch Militant) and how they will develop in the higher levels.

More special traits? Or will the given bonuses rise?

- It is enough for a Tech Priest to accompany a Rogue Trader, but is it enough for one we can use as a PC?  That is the question others are asking.  I can see the possiblity of a Ad Mech Explorator or Magos attaching himself to a RT's retinue to either to investigate an accusation of tech heresy or to have a front-row seat to any interesting tech gewy-gaw that the RT has pass through his hands.  But admittedly purists would find that to be a bit of a stretch.

- Blessing of the Omnissiah?

#25 waskle

waskle

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

I dont recall the rogue trader novels "Star of Damocles" or "Rogue Star"  by Andy Hoare mentioning tech priests as part of the crew.  But the Imperial Navy definitly has them.  But to fly the vessel without them would be sacrilege. 

#26 Odium

Odium

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Isn't it enougt that the Tech Priest is on the Ship to use him as a PC?

Why should i think about reasons why i can do something? If there are no obvious reasons why I can't do it, i can do it. Thats at least my opinion.

@Rogue Star

Anybody here knows where i can get this book in europe for under 20€?

I only have the second book "Star of Damokles", is it understandable if I haven't read the first?

#27 Vorenus

Vorenus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

I am hoping for some nice rules to continue the advancement of my DH character.  I would love to see classes from the two games integrated.  Just like the Eisenhorn novels.

#28 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Santiago said:

Hi,

I think there are perhaps one or two additional classes, something in the line of a Transmechanic or the Explorator
http://wh40k.lexican...wiki/Explorator

Character creation will be the same as DH, no doubt, perhaps they have special packages you can buy to give you a special ability.

The premade characters special abilities are prolly a combination of talents and homeworld advantages combined for sake of easy play.

Ha, frak, I was right.
Though now it seems they are idd more powerful, rank 3 DH equivilent, with rank 5+ equipment.

#29 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Yep, good call Santiago!

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Explorator.  Tech-priest to the stars ... er Rogue Traders.  hehe   Yep, looks like they start on par with the FB characters, so it does not appear that the FB PCs were altered for the adventure, except to occasionally simplify things.

#30 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

Santiago said:

Ha, frak, I was right.
Though now it seems they are idd more powerful, rank 3 DH equivilent, with rank 5+ equipment.

Yeah wow.  I for one was not sure how they could pull it off.  Good call man

#31 waskle

waskle

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

Both of the novels have the Arcadius dynasty as the main characters, and follow not far after each other.  But you can still understand whats going on without the first book.  Maybe check Amazon for sellers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS