Photo

What new characters would you like to come in future expansions ?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

Can you tell me what the Chaos Sorcerer is saying.

I don't own the third edition myself, so i cannot take a look at it

Hi Velhart,

Hummm. the chaos sorcerer...

Great evil alignment

1. You begin the game with 2 spells.

2. You may use experience points to gain spells. For every 7 experience points that you discard you gain one spell.

This character was also a source of arguments, since in 3rd edition you could "trade" 7 experience points for 1 life, 1 craft, 1 strenght or 1 spell, this second ability was debate as: do you still take a spell even if you don't have enough craft  for it, or you get a spell on top of 1 life, 1craft or 1 strenght, and so on. Anyway to make the story short it was Chaotic

I really hope things will be clearer for this character when he make a comeback in 4 er.

Cheer

Hi Old Master,

It is not said in the rules that you can take a spell card for every 7 experience points

But it is still a heavy trade.

You may not take a spell card if you have not enought craft

But if i remember right.. ( you don't get many spell cards in third edition)

But are that the only 2 abilties from the Chaos Sorcerer

I hope then that he will be updated in the next expansions for revised edition !

In 4th edition revised, you have more chances to get spells !

#42 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Hi Velhart,

To be more specific, the discution was  "do you pick a spell card anyway and discard another spell card as stated in the rule or do you not take a spell card like state on the character card and do not discard a spell"

The 7 experience point for 1 spell is a character ability ( I've type the phrase exactly as on the character sheet as this is not a rule from the rule pages but from the character card)

The rule on the "how to play" sheet mention that "quote" experience points may be exchane at any time for an extra strenght, craft, gold or life counter. You gain one counter for every seven experience point discarded. you may choose which type of counter to take."end quote"

So this ability is pretty lame if you only get the added choice of "spell" to the other one! But if you read it as you get a spell + 1 stenght or 1 craft or 1 gold or 1 live, then this character is more interesting

I didn't made myself clear the last time and I appologies for it, but I didn't want to go to deep on something not related to this topic.

Cheer

#43 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

To be more specific, the discution was  "do you pick a spell card anyway and discard another spell card as stated in the rule or do you not take a spell card like state on the character card and do not discard a spell"

The 7 experience point for 1 spell is a character ability ( I've type the phrase exactly as on the character sheet as this is not a rule from the rule pages but from the character card)

The rule on the "how to play" sheet mention that "quote" experience points may be exchane at any time for an extra strenght, craft, gold or life counter. You gain one counter for every seven experience point discarded. you may choose which type of counter to take."end quote"

So this ability is pretty lame if you only get the added choice of "spell" to the other one! But if you read it as you get a spell + 1 stenght or 1 craft or 1 gold or 1 live, then this character is more interesting

I didn't made myself clear the last time and I appologies for it, but I didn't want to go to deep on something not related to this topic.

Cheer

Hi Old master,

I think that the player who plays the Chaos Sorcerer will always choose for a strength or craft token instead of a spell card.

If i look to the ability, then it is not really a character that i want to play.

I really hope that FFG will bring the character back with better ability's.

#44 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Velhart said:

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

Cheer

Hi Old master,

I think that the player who plays the Chaos Sorcerer will always choose for a strength or craft token instead of a spell card.

If i look to the ability, then it is not really a character that i want to play.

I really hope that FFG will bring the character back with better ability's.

Hi Velhart,

We tried many different ways to play this character over the last decade and I think you would like to play this character as the powerhouse it can be by the benefit of maximum ability (as a normal player, for every 7 experience points, you get 1 spell card + 1 strenght or 1 craft counter and if you are at maximum in your spell card you can discard ANY of your spell card) as per the rule booklet and the character ability!

This way not only are you gaining in strenght and craft but you can spell cycle like crazy

Think about it, and let me know as this character in this incarnation was a sure winner most of the time

Cheer

#45 Hem

Hem

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

To answer to that thread's question, I really don't know what chara I d like in the next expansions, and I don't care, but gee I hope there ll be more than what there was in the Dungeon box ! Because such a huge box just for a dungeon cards deck, five characters and a board... take the board out, there could have made a reapers-like box for Dungeon ! I quickly emptied the Dungeon box to put everything in the original box... come on, when there is an Arkham Horror expansion, you can spend one hour to look at everything ! Give us looooads of contending for Talisman, its a great game that deserves it !

#46 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Zealot - A new character I am working on which has an in built fate ability!

Ell.

#47 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hem said:

To answer to that thread's question, I really don't know what chara I d like in the next expansions, and I don't care, but gee I hope there ll be more than what there was in the Dungeon box ! Because such a huge box just for a dungeon cards deck, five characters and a board... take the board out, there could have made a reapers-like box for Dungeon ! I quickly emptied the Dungeon box to put everything in the original box... come on, when there is an Arkham Horror expansion, you can spend one hour to look at everything ! Give us looooads of contending for Talisman, its a great game that deserves it !

I agree with what you say.

With that huge box, they can add many more characters to that expansion.

But we may not complain...

I am already happy that we get more dungeon cards than the second and third edition together ! 

And the board looks very good.

If there is one thing i am not happy about, then it is the inlay !

The picture on the inlay is fine, but they should add more spaces for cards !

#48 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

Velhart said:

Hem said:

I agree with what you say.

With that huge box, they can add many more characters to that expansion.

But we may not complain...

I am already happy that we get more dungeon cards than the second and third edition together ! 

And the board looks very good.

If there is one thing i am not happy about, then it is the inlay !

The picture on the inlay is fine, but they should add more spaces for cards !

More characters would be apreciated, but the 5 new characters in the dungeon was accepteble, just not less then that

Characters I would like to see is the Orc and other nonhuman characters. We now only have the Troll, Goul and Dwarf. In the next expansion I think we at least get two more - the biggest and smallest (If not the biggest is a human on a horse - I doubt that ).

#49 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Hem said:

More characters would be apreciated, but the 5 new characters in the dungeon was accepteble, just not less then that

Characters I would like to see is the Orc and other nonhuman characters. We now only have the Troll, Goul and Dwarf. In the next expansion I think we at least get two more - the biggest and smallest (If not the biggest is a human on a horse - I doubt that ).

I also hope that they keep it at 5 or more.

Right now, we have 23 characters..

If the other 3 regions will also contain 5 characters, then we have 38 characters..

But small expansions may contain characters too

#50 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Hem said:

If the other 3 regions will also contain 5 characters, then we have 38 characters..

Hi Velhart,

Yes let's hope we do get mini's with small expansion and not only cards.

This is "Talisman the Magical Board Game" and not "Talisman the Magical Card Game"

Cheers

#51 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Hem said:

Hi Velhart,

Yes let's hope we do get mini's with small expansion and not only cards.

This is "Talisman the Magical Board Game" and not "Talisman the Magical Card Game"

Cheers

Ha ha

That's a good one

I want at least go for the 50 miniatures The more, the better !!

#52 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

It seems we have the smallest character now....

The Leprechaun !!

Hehe... I found a portal to the Talisman world...

So.... where is that Crown......

Inner Region you say...

Let's look for a Talisman....

#53 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

I wonder when we get the Vampire, Chaos Warrior, Dark Elf...

I also hope, that the Dark Elf is better than the boring Elf from the base game..

I think we need lot's of expansions, to get all the characters from earlier editions..

On top of that, the expert book has also characters that did not show up in those expansions..

They probably sell them each in their own shop( games workshop)..

#54 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

Again, those are Elliott's characters, they were not official ones.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#55 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

talismanisland said:

Again, those are Elliott's characters, they were not official ones.

Thanks for he answer Jon.

So the abilities are also his idea's.

It makes sense now.

#56 voodoo626

voodoo626

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

Funny that the first thing I see when I come to this page is a card with an Orc. This is the whole reason I came here to post. There should be an orc for the 4th edition. Orcs are my favorite fantasy race. Please hear the call developers! Please hear the call! I don't really like the first picture i saw on the card with an orc with armor. I think this image I posted here is very acceptable. Just doesn't feel right if it ain't a bald green skin with animal fur clothing.

PLEASE HEAR THE CALL!!!

• Sacrilege83 likes this

#57 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

saytr and centaur were my favorite from earlier editions..

#58 Hadoken

Hadoken

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

marcemtp said:

saytr and centaur were my favorite from earlier editions..

wait for The Forest Expansion ...maybe... :D

#59 D_M

D_M

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

I got an idéa for a charachter, what about a "bounty hunter"?

Not sure what abileties he/she would have, but perhaps something with chasing the other players?

Example: At the start of the game the player with the bounty hunter trows one dice and if it shows a 3 then he/she pickes the third player clockwise, and he/she is the first target.

If the bounty hunter lands on the same space as the target you could choose to take that persons Talisman if he/she has one, or simply kill them off and collecting a reward, and then start over again with trowing a dice choosing a new target.

Leaving the killed player to chose a new charachter and start from scratch.

Or a "explorer" charachter that could travel further than the rest, always trowing two dices and could choose either one of the two results or the two combined?

D_M

#60 Foreshadow

Foreshadow

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

The bounty hunter is a cool idea but not as an actual character. That is better as a "character" like death that randomly goes around the board and every player has a chance to inflict it on the other players. But the idea itself has merit. The power to steal a specific item, the one item you can use to then win the game and force people to drop everything and start over is a big deal. Would you personally love to use such a character. I'm sure you would. The game has a function like this: the Toad. You are reduced to meager status and can be killed rather easily, but to say you need to select a character immediatly as a power from a power is ludicrously powerful.

I personally wish they do not add back in master level characters. An Orc character. Ok, even a another type of mage, like a Chaos Mage perhaps where you cast a spell and roll a die and if you roll, say a 1-2 you can keep that spell if you want. Things like that seem fine. But the Master Mage from the master level character was over the top. So would a Bounty Hunter like your describing.

I'm speaking for the general purposes of the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS