Spraug

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book, DONE!

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

With Hutt Space done, I can definitely say (write): BROWNCOATS!

Should there be a non-Firefly-Fan reading this: Separatist hold-outs!

#42 EliasWindrider

EliasWindrider

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 AM

I'd like locations books... fold out or at least full page maps on the right page with the left page having descriptions of characters there, plot hooks, modular ecounter type stuff, etc. Or one every 4 pages be the map. Chapters sorted topically. For example cantinas, city/town maps (doesn't have to be a whole town just a small part of it so it doesn't define everything, not all the buildings have to be labeled kind of like the most shutta map in the beginners box), temples, ships (deck plans like the krayt fang those could be two pagers for silhouette 4 ship)

Edit: actually organize those by town (withe character information plot hooks in the front along with a town map, and maybe 5 buildings in the town map getting their own on page map. The ship chapter could be a space port showing a bunch of docking bays maybe 10 or so (with ships 8th them and stats write up for the ship in the corners of the two page spread) maybe a cantina, a few other buildings getting their own on page maps.

The reason they don't do this is it is VERY resource intensive especially if you need to re edit the map for any reason and then need to re edit the text that goes with it. and it is less universally useful. And if the map is of a known place it cannot change and might make a mess of what the GM was doing before the book came out.  Expect very little in the way of maps. They will be made where they are useful. Mostly in Adventures.,

The point of the proposed format (proposed in the edit),  map of a town or a small portion of a large city,  with only a few of the buildings labeled,  and only a few of the labeled buildings getting separate interior maps, is so the GM can make a purpose for most of the  buildings and the rest of the large city is not described and can be anything (i.e. it was something previously off camera).  Similarly the purpose of the text describing the maps/adventure being in the first few pages of the chapter, is so that it doesn't have to be right there.   The docking bay/ships maps are an exception in that the stats and description of the ship are written in the corners of the page(s) with the ship's interior map.  For the most part, those ship descriptions would NOT mention an owner.  So I think this (revised proposed) format addresses 95+% of the possible conflicts that you mentioned.

#43 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book, DONE!

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

With Hutt Space done, I can definitely say (write): BROWNCOATS!

Should there be a non-Firefly-Fan reading this: Separatist hold-outs!

I think a Sep holdout sourcebook would be awesome. I hope if they ever do one they stat the Wavecrests (I was really disapointed that Saga never did since it was first mentioned in a Star Wars Insider article on The Clone Wars)

• That Blasted Samophlange likes this

#44 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:32 PM

I would honestly like a sector book that is 100% purely new content. No weg/wotc/eu stuff. All brand new. New species. New ships (with art). New worlds.
  • kaosoe likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#45 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:34 PM

I'd also like a sourcebook w/ Great Pilots of the Galaxy!  From Wedge to Baron Fel and the stats of Solo, Lando, and any other characters we have seen in the movies.

"Make sure your shields are on Double Front, or you'll get your @$$ shot off!"

#46 DigitalChicanery

DigitalChicanery

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Now the Hutt space book has been announced I'd like to see a source book covering piracy and privateers, although this could fit in the Smuggler career book. It would be great to have a source for ships and npc crews. Also more attachments and mods for blasters!

Yeah a piracy and privateering book would be awesome. The WEG Pirates and Privateers book as my second favorite source book for that system and my group loves privateering campaigns so we would all buy an FFG piracy and privateering book in a heartbeat. Plus piracy and privateering IMO is one of the best ways to blend EOE and AOR or set up a switch from one to the other without just having the characters decide to join the Alliance out of nowhere. (The others being smuggling for the rebels and deciding to work for them exclusively or near exclusively for some reason, or some Imperial atrocity hitting the party so hard that they all want to join the Alliance)

I'm holding out hope that the Hutt Space book will have some piracy focused ships, equipment, and information since piracy is a major revenue source for the Hutss in a lot of Star Wars material.

What was your first?

#47 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:39 PM

I'd like a Wookiee sourcebook. Not sure if its needed, but some rules for creating a Life Debt could be fun. I'm playing as a Wookie right now and always keep it in the back of my mind that there might be an opportunity to spring a life debt on someone in the party. Haha.
  • kaosoe and Lancer999 like this

#48 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

Now the Hutt space book has been announced I'd like to see a source book covering piracy and privateers, although this could fit in the Smuggler career book. It would be great to have a source for ships and npc crews. Also more attachments and mods for blasters!

Yeah a piracy and privateering book would be awesome. The WEG Pirates and Privateers book as my second favorite source book for that system and my group loves privateering campaigns so we would all buy an FFG piracy and privateering book in a heartbeat. Plus piracy and privateering IMO is one of the best ways to blend EOE and AOR or set up a switch from one to the other without just having the characters decide to join the Alliance out of nowhere. (The others being smuggling for the rebels and deciding to work for them exclusively or near exclusively for some reason, or some Imperial atrocity hitting the party so hard that they all want to join the Alliance)

I'm holding out hope that the Hutt Space book will have some piracy focused ships, equipment, and information since piracy is a major revenue source for the Hutss in a lot of Star Wars material.

What was your first?

First what?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS