• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Riggswolfe

Riggswolfe

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

This topic could go in any of the sub-forums but I decided to put it here:

I was thinking about this earlier. What would be my wishlist for non-career supplement books?

To head off the obvious I don't think an Imperial book is needed. You just make characters and play as Imperials if you feel the need for a bad guy campaign.

Ok, so:

Alien Compendium: I'd like to see a book that is a compilation of the released races from the various splat books plus a lot of unseen races, all made ready to use for PCs.

Droid Catalog: I'd love to see a book focused on droids. Not just lots of example droids but also stuff for droid PCs, like maybe a way to use attachments and mods on droids. (Forgive me if this exists and I missed it, to my knowledge the work around is to buy armor/weapons and mod them but treat them as if they are integral to the droid.)

Adversary handbook: Sort of a monster manual but with expanded rules for creating memorable villains similar to the Inquisitor rules out of F&D plus the advancing villains stuff from the EotE GM Kit. Also, perhaps rules/guidelines for giving the bad guys their own memorable ships. Speaking of:

A ship book: A book with lots of ships, preferably with a few including deck plans plus compiled attachments or the ships. And if there's room a few example Outlaw Tech starports! I am hoping the eventual Smuggler book will be something like this!

• segara82, BrashFink, Midnight_X2 and 4 others like this

#2 Shawnacy

Shawnacy

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

All good ideas. I would love to see more details on particular planets as well. Stuff on the Hutt cartel. Etc.

• Josep Maria likes this

#3 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

Book of Locations, Generic, Popular, ect..

Possibly with fold out maps simply to use around the table for famous locations..

• Josep Maria likes this
Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

#4 Simon Fix

Simon Fix

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

Given the pattern they're already moving down, I'm guessing we're going to see more career books, region books, and adventures.  So of course I'd like to see...

• ... the Bounty Hunter book
  • ... the Smuggler book.
  • ... the Technician book.
  • ... a Hutt Space sourcebook.
  • ... a Wild Space sourcebook.

But if we're talking about doing things different than their current pattern, I'd probably go with...

• ... an Old Republic sourcebook.
  • ... a Clone Wars era sourcebook.
  • ... a Droid Construction Kit.
  • ... an Arms & Armaments guide.
  • ... an Alien Compendium.
  • ... a non-combat equipment guide.

• Midnight_X2, Daeglan, bradknowles and 2 others like this

There is no signature here.

#5 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Combined Splatbooks:

Once the rpg line expands and the pressures of keeping books in print starts to mount, perhaps FFG could make a 'Players Guide' that combines the first 3 career splatbooks into a Pathfinder style expansion book.

It does go against the pick and choose style I love about this game system, but if it keeps things in print, then I'd be for such a move.

Hell, I think many of us would like a book like that, a way to combine weapon/equipment/ship lists and races into an easier to find format.
  • bradknowles likes this

#6 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Imperial sourcebook (with rules for playing an Imperial campaign). That is all.

Edit: I realise you said in original post that you think this isn't needed, but my opinion differs.

:)

Edited by gribble, 02 September 2014 - 03:54 PM.

• segara82, Midnight_X2, Fgdsfg and 3 others like this

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#7 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

Career books, possibly 15 more eventually.

More sector books like Corporate Sector or Hutt Space like Suns of Fortune.

I'd like to see books focused on the Rebels and the Empire for AoR line. These could include information on planets important to each faction. Not to mention new equipment and adversaries.

And eventually books focused on the Jedi and Sith for the F&D line. Again it could include important planets, new equipment and adversaries.

Lots that can still be done.

• progressions, Internutt, bradknowles and 1 other like this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#8 Spraug

Spraug

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book,

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

• bradknowles and fatedtodie like this

#9 evileeyore

evileeyore

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Personally I want the Career books done so we can get the "Power Creep" whining and arguments underway.
  • BrashFink and whiteape1 like this

#10 Starglyte

Starglyte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

I would love to see a region book done for the Hapes Consortium. 

• LibrariaNPC and intothenight like this

#11 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

What Simon Fix said. All of it.

Gamorean,Tusken raider and Ewoks as playable races.

(you can keep the gungans and ugnauts- thanks!)

• bradknowles likes this

#12 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

A ship book: A book with lots of ships, preferably with a few including deck plans plus compiled attachments or the ships. And if there's room a few example Outlaw Tech starports! I am hoping the eventual Smuggler book will be something like this!

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book,

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

I would love to see a region book done for the Hapes Consortium. 

All of the above plus a Corporate Sector sourcebook, a Mon Cal space sourcebook (Including some of the smaller Mon Cal warships, stuff in the sil 5 to sil 7 range), a Mandalorian space book, a Tapani Sctor sourcebook, a Kuat Sector sourcebook, a sourcebook for whatever sector ,Rendili is in, a Brema sector AKA Sullust Sector Sourcebook, a Mytaranor sector sourcebook (Kashyyyk's sector), and a Sluis Sector book. Also if the Mechanic and Engineer books don't have them I would like much more extensive starship modification rules, and starship design rules.

Edited by RogueCorona, 03 September 2014 - 10:49 PM.

• bradknowles likes this

#13 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

What Simon Fix said. All of it.

Gamorean,Tusken raider and Ewoks as playable races.

(you can keep the gungans and ugnauts- thanks!)

I want to second this. Not all of it, but the first half. Let's have Ewoks and Gungans as free DLC. I'll be glad to help kickstart it or something. But it has to be free so that people don't complain about "having" to pay for it. Then I can finally make my Gungan Slicer, who can slice into your network in the time it takes him to say, "Ooh, meesa so sorry, Am too clumsy for mes own good!"   

Bounty Hunter is the only Career book that I really hunger for (now that I have colonist). I like the book of more options for droids. I'd also like a book for Naboo (I wonder why?) and one that helps the GM build more balanced adversary groups/encounters based on the PCs.

• Spraug likes this

#14 Starglyte

Starglyte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

I would like to see Ewoks and Gungans as official PC races just so I can recreate my Ewok Sith Lord and his Gungan Apprentice from my Star Wars d20 days. :D

#15 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

Given the pattern they're already moving down, I'm guessing we're going to see more career books, region books, and adventures.  So of course I'd like to see...

• ... the Bounty Hunter book
  • ... the Smuggler book.
  • ... the Technician book.
  • ... a Hutt Space sourcebook.
  • ... a Wild Space sourcebook.

But if we're talking about doing things different than their current pattern, I'd probably go with...

• ... an Old Republic sourcebook.
  • ... a Clone Wars era sourcebook.
  • ... a Droid Construction Kit.
  • ... an Arms & Armaments guide.
  • ... an Alien Compendium.
  • ... a non-combat equipment guide.

Add to this a ship catalogue

A Legacy era guide
A coruscant region guide.

Maybe some organization books. Like criminal organizations which could cover Black Sun, Zygarian slavers, Hutt Cartels, Military organizations with some mercenary groups, Bountry hunter organizations etc.   

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#16 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:28 AM

Imperial Core Rulebook, with relevant supplements.

All I want that I wouldn't expect already to be planned, and all I need.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#17 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

I like your list, however I have a feeling things like an Alien Species or Ship Book is a long way off. I have a feeling they will want to get all this out as spread out as possible.

We will have species and ships in every one of the Career and Sector splat books. These books with a lot of stuff in it, usually come later when they are running out of stuff. I would not be surprised if when these came out, they also reprinted stuff from the splat books as well as obscure new stuff. This would be justified as "Well, what if they just have the Edge Core book? Now they can have all these by getting one book". Same goes true with the ships. As for an adversaries book, I would love that, however I think that is the same issue... they put them in every book and I feel we will get a compilation years down the road.

Keep in mind, i am not complaining, it makes good business sense for FFG. Other companies followed a similar patter. What I think we will start seeing soon (perhaps after the last corebook is out next year) is the Alternate setting books. Clone Wars, Old Republic, and obviously something for the new movies.

That in mind, I really want what a lot of people have mentioned, A Hutt Space and Mandalorian book.

#18 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

I want an Obscure Star Wars Compendium. It will have a plethora of strange species (Chevan, H'nemthe, Rakatan, Ithorian, Selonian, Drall, Gand, Chiss, Killik, Zilisk, Gungan, Ewok, Jawa, Tusken Raider: take your pick), each with an expanded history and backstory options, as well as guides as to how these species got to be in the greater galaxy. It could make references to already present obscure species and explain why they are in the big bad galaxy rather than at home, and have large sections on new, strange species. We'd also get new, strange equipment, a lot of info on weird planets, and then a bunch of nick nacks about weird Star Wars stuff.

I want it. I want it bad.

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim."

-Elie Wiesel

#19 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

What would be my wishlist for non-career supplement books?

This one:

HTGSourcebook.png

• Jegergryte and Spraug like this

#20 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

... and if we can't have that, I'd be happy seeing all the career books done and a couple of location books.  

Hutt Space keeps getting mentioned, I'd like to see Black Sun and other organisations.  We'll probably see Mandalorians at some point, but I'll be happy if they stay away from overdone areas like Tattooine.

An Imperial sourcebook might be good,  though we most certainly won't get a PC Empire book, and neither should we.

Nor will there be a book for species or vehicles, they are putting these out piecemeal for a reason. 

I expect that rules on droids, bounty hunting, ships etc will come with the relevant career books. 

Different era books might be possible, but I'm guessing they will just focus on the movie era. I'd like to see Old Republic, but I'm not banking on it. 

Edited by Maelora, 05 September 2014 - 10:33 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS