• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimjim19681968

jimjim19681968

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

I'm very confused about this one.

The Rules of Play state that it does not require an action to Raise the familiar. Yet the card has an exhaust icon on it.

Does it take an action to raise the dead familiar?

Same question re: the wolf for Beastmaster?

Many thanks.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

I'm just guessing, but you have a background with Magic the Gathering perhaps? That icon on Raise Dead (and the Beastmaster's skill to summon the wolf) is NOT, NOT an exhaust icon. There is no "exhaust icon" in Descent, if something needs to be exhausted, it is mentioned in the text (Necromancer's Fury of Undeath, which note also the the arrow icon). Arrow icon on Raise Dead means using that skill takes an Action (Use a Skill option under Hero Turn Summary on page 7).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 jimjim19681968

jimjim19681968

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

Thank you very much for setting me straight on this one.

#4 Carbini

Carbini

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Worst icon choice ever... you aren't the only one to make that mistake jimjim... every single new player I get at my table who has played Magic thinks the same thing. :)

#5 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

The Rules of Play state that it does not require an action to Raise the familiar. 

Where are you seeing this?

#6 jimjim19681968

jimjim19681968

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

The Rules of Play state that it does not require an action to Raise the familiar. 

Where are you seeing this?

I think it's page 17 of the Rule Book, but it's my bad, I mistook "activating" as "summoning".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS