• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hi folks!

I thought I'd whip up a quick document for any GM out there who needs to keep track of all the NPC stats without having to flip through the book or do a lot of last-minute scribbling.

It's a PDF for ease of printing, and contains 3 stat blocks for 3 NPCs. If I'm running a group of mooks I'll write down one block of stats, how many mooks, and just track hit points separately. Otherwise, a quick stack of NPCs does a GM good.

Questions, comments welcome.

http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871

PS So there's the bloody edit button. I updated the link to point to the proper place.

#2 Rift

Rift

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

Noes! Upload again if you can, please?

#3 Baldrick

Baldrick

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

Please upload again! (from me!)

#4 Graver

Graver

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:29 AM

to the OP, you might want to try mediafire for download hosting as their are no dl limits to my knowledge. That'll avoid 10 folks downloading it and keeping everyone else from getting it:

http://www.mediafire.com

#5 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Graver said:

to the OP, you might want to try mediafire for download hosting as their are no dl limits to my knowledge. That'll avoid 10 folks downloading it and keeping everyone else from getting it:

http://www.mediafire.com

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a very busy few days for me.

But I'll be damned. Rapidshare just isn't the service it used to be. I used to always use it. My apologies to everyone.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5428377dd6ec1352b64026cfc0611236e04e75f6e8ebb871

We'll see if this works. If not, I'll get it posted somewhere. If anyone has suggestions for modifying the fields, let me know. It's really kind of cramped for space and meant for making notes and die code listings, but I wanted 3 NPCs per page, and that put space at a premium.

#6 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

As a side note, I have made one (small) update to the sheet- a title.

I used a specific font, percolator text, also known as "the font used in Vampire: The Masquerade". If you can't see it, or it throws your alignment off if you don't have the font, the original file is still there, as well as the font itself.

#7 Rift

Rift

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

Thanks a bunch! Would you mind if I put in a few brackets for weapons(range, rof, special qualities) etc on my own?

#8 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

Rift said:

Thanks a bunch! Would you mind if I put in a few brackets for weapons(range, rof, special qualities) etc on my own?

Be my guest. Whatever is going to make it easier for you. That sheet is all I need to generally remember the basics, like damage codes, at a glance.

#9 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

No other comments? It's been downloaded a few times...

#10 Baldrick

Baldrick

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

TheFlatline said:

Sweet; will try it out tonight for the finale of Edge of Darkness & let you know.

#11 Rift

Rift

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

TheFlatline said:

I love it so much that I'd have sex with it if it didn't ruin the paper. Happy now? ;)

#12 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

Yes, I'm thrilled. And a little creeped out. But mostly thrilled.

#13 Baldrick

Baldrick

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

For me they are now essential part of my GM kit. I do not want to have sex with them though...

#14 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'll try them out next game.

I put little magnetic disks under minis to represent conditions. For example, wounded: Lightly: Yellow; Heavily: Orange; Critically: Red. Players and NPCs. This lets people (even me!) scan the tabletop and see who's going down fast, and who's not even breaking a sweat.

For 2HP Mooks, this is great. They go right to orange if the first hit doesn't take them out. I never have to write anything down, or remember what mini has what hps.

#15 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

Awesome! I started a thread a week or so ago asking for something just like this. Much obliged!

EDIT:

One thing though. Could you do one with more space for skills, talents and equpiment meant for more major NPC's rather than simple mooks?

And perhaps adding a "Traits" box as well, since some NPC's have traits like Unnatural Strength or From Beyond etc.

#16 Inquisitor Lord Auron

Inquisitor Lord Auron

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

they look good, I made up some using publisher which I use makes combat alot easier will put them into pdf or image file some point for people to gander at

#17 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

I just thought of something. Im not that handy with excel myself, but does anyone think it might be possible to do something like this but where you can input stats, skills, talents and such on your PC and simply print a ready made mook-sheet?

My handwriting isn't the best, and for some reason whenever I use handwriting I have trouble with making all the needed text fit, but with the computer I can just choose a smaller font-size and still make everything readable.

So either an excel document or a writeable pdf file with this possibility would be great. Any takers? *puppy dog eyes*

#18 TheFlatline

TheFlatline

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

I can probably whip something up.

Mind you the NPC took like... oh... 15 minutes to whip together. It was piecemeal and never meant to be edited on a computer. That'll take a little more time to format properly.

So you basically want a template that lets you type in information? That shouldn't be *too* bad.

#19 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

TheFlatline said:

I can probably whip something up.

Mind you the NPC took like... oh... 15 minutes to whip together. It was piecemeal and never meant to be edited on a computer. That'll take a little more time to format properly.

So you basically want a template that lets you type in information? That shouldn't be *too* bad.

Pretty much yeah. I tried looking for one and asking around, but the best one so far was the NPC generator at OrdoMalleus.dk. The problem is that it was a bit "too" advanced. When I type up mooks (or just NPC's in general) I really don't care much for following the rules for the listed career paths and such, I just like to be a  bit arbitrary (though with some common sense of course) about how the stats, skills, traits and talents should look like.

And because of that, an empty, writable template (with no in-built calculation macros and such like some excel documents have occasionally) would be my cup of tea. The problem is I don't know how to use Adobe Acrobat. I only know how to use the reader software (like most of us).

So if you don't mind and could find the time whipping something up along these lines, it'd be very helpful. Oh! And if you wouldn't mind adding a "Traits" section either (as some mooks and NPC's aren't always completely human). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS