Art Custom Cards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gandalfDK

gandalfDK

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

I just started creating my own custom cards with Strange Eons, but I'm having trouble finding art for the cards. 

Does anybody have some great sources where much LOTR art is displayed that can be used for the custom cards?
I did try Google (still trying), but I can't really find what I'm looking for. Alas, I'm no great artist.. 

Any tips would be welcome! :)

Edited by gandalfDK, 01 September 2014 - 07:28 AM.

‘If more of us valued food and cheer and a game of Lotr Lcg above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield

#2 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Try DeviantArt, either typing keyword related to middle earth or medfan ones.

Otherwise, try Google.

• danpoage likes this

#3 gandalfDK

gandalfDK

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

Thanks! I'll try DeviantArt then. 

‘If more of us valued food and cheer and a game of Lotr Lcg above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield

#4 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

I have a bit of creating custom lotr cards background, and I'll tell you that most of what you'll find on deviant art when searching specifically - is boobs. Lots of boobs. Most precious and fitting pieces of art I found was the ones through long chain of reference through "looks like" section.

• gandalfDK likes this

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#5 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, +1, exactly the same, I make fancards and most of the art I found was through "looks like" function, it is quite hard to find it though...

(Except when I was making touhou fancard... in this case I used danbooru... lots of boobs too)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS