• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Salutations to the Mythos Massif!  I appeal to your collective wisdom

I am a new player to EH (had my 1st hame recently) and require a clarification on a situation concerning being delayed and then Detained that occured.

The situation was thus:

The investigator had an other world encounter in London passing the initial test.  She then had a choice to become delayed and gain 2 clue tokens which I took.  Then she became delayed in the Mythos phase (Cant remember exact event).  I am now Delayed and detained.

The next turn happens and the investigators action phase activates.  Now by my understanding I can not have any actions in the action phase except to stand my chracter token back up, So I could not attempt the roll on the detained card to get rid of it.  Encounter phase now happens and instead of having an encounter I simply flip the detained card straight over and resolve the situation.

Did we play that correctly or could I have still rolled to remove the detained card?

Seems that being delayed instantly makes being delayed worse as you cant avoid the flip side effect.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

You played it correctly.

You're allowed to get rid of the Deatained condition only by attempting to free yourself during the action step of the turn. Being Delayed forces you not to take any action during that step.

But please, beware that getting rid of Detained is a local action: this means that another investigator on your very space can attempt to free you as well, and this regardless of whether you're delayed or not. Please check the Reference Guide, pag 8 for all the details.

Edited by Julia, 01 September 2014 - 10:55 AM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the clarification  :)

Seems like I got my Delayed and detained words mixed up in a few areas so kudos for working out what I was on about.

We looked at the local action opportunity but unfortunately the other investigator was too far away, so instead she used her passive ability to check out the back of the detained card and gain a clue then on her next action phase Psychically telegraphed the clue to Sarah in London who used it to bypass the nastiness of being detained.

• Julia likes this

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

If one investigator is delay can another one trade with him? I suppose no?

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Husker949

Husker949

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Yes, so long as the person being traded with is not the one initiating the trade.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS