off topic: let's have some fun....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:56 AM

I just wanted to see if we could have some fun and fill some time before we get some news.

So I have two nicknames: Bunky (shortened further to Bunk by my friends) this I got from my mum. She tries to call me B..tard and a monkey at the same time.

My other nickname is also my screen name: spaceman. This I got from an old gamertag on xbox. I had call myself astartes. I had tried to explain to a friend what it was. Long story short he got bored and referee to me as spaceman instead.

So.... Why do you call yourself what you do/ why is your nickname what it is? Go

Edited by Spaceman91, 01 September 2014 - 04:57 AM.

I didn't mean for it to get this bad.

#2 Knucklesamwich

Knucklesamwich

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:05 AM

Mine is from playing Halo. We would do custom matches and get rid of all the guns except the pistols and punching people to death. So I became Knucklesamwich.

#3 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

I took my name from a magic card of the "Sergovian Leviathan' way back in 3rd or 4th release. I liked the image on the card, it's what drew me to it, and I was looking for an online handle to use so I modified it to come up with the name. Its now over 20 years of me using it.

76.jpg

• IronTau likes this

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#4 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

Mine is from the Star Wars novel Truce at Bakura.  The first Star Wars RPG name I ever chose was Jensen Bakura, and it's sort of become my go to character name.

I took my name from a magic card of the "Sergovian Leviathan' way back in 3rd or 4th release. I liked the image on the card, it's what drew me to it, and I was looking for an online handle to use so I modified it to come up with the name. Its now over 20 years of me using it.

76.jpg

not to mention it's a bitchin' flavour text to boot.

Edited by Bakura83, 01 September 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#5 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Flavour text is one of the best things about magic.

#6 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:25 AM

I'm actually the true messiah but only for the homeless, when they die I take them to a clean alley with under floor heating and sturdy cardboard boxes with laminated outer layers for when it rains wine.
  • any2cards, Mikael Hasselstein, Joe Boss Red Seven and 5 others like this

#7 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

^- THAT was pretty funny ...

My nickname has a relatively unimaginative and boring story compared to all of yours.  I am, and have been, a professional poker player for many, many years.

#8 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

I'm actually the true messiah but only for the homeless, when they die I take them to a clean alley with under floor heating and sturdy cardboard boxes with laminated outer layers for when it rains wine.

Are there dogs?  Hobos love dogs.

#9 Cremate

Cremate

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

I happened to have been playing the fiery Embers Muaat in a game of FFGs Twilight Imperium the day I made this forum account 5 years ago, hence Cremate.

In hindsight probably not the best expression of my character, that, but it stuck. :huh:

#10 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

My name is Joseph. The numbers and colors are two of my favorites, so Black Six is for my evil side and the Empire, Red Seven is for my good side and the Rebels.

:)

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#11 Caliber42

Caliber42

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Caliber is the name of a character I played in a superhero RPG back in the 90's. 42 is my hockey number.

-Cal

#12 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

My name is Joseph. The numbers and colors are two of my favorites, so Black Six is for my evil side and the Empire, Red Seven is for my good side and the Rebels.

Do you giggle every time you are dealt those cards in poker?

• Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#13 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

No sadly Disney has claimed all dog souls, they use them to power the computers at pixar.
  • Spaceman91 and TheycamefromBEHIND like this

#14 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

No sadly Disney has claimed all dog souls, they use them to power the computers at pixar.

Dude..... Let it go

#15 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Why hasn't anyone made THAT movie?  

A group of plucky kids freeing the dog souls from an evil pixar computer.  I'd watch it.

• krechevskoy, Spaceman91 and Kyrios Mirage like this

#16 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

Dude..... Let it go

I agree that songs awesome.

#17 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

But is everything awesome? Is it cool when you're part of a team?
  • Mikael Hasselstein, VanorDM, Texx and 1 other like this

#18 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

But is everything awesome? Is it cool when you're part of a team?

Only when you are living your dream.  Otherwise everything is crappy.

• Spaceman91 and X Wing Nut like this

#19 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

Nah... but I do smile.

:D

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#20 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

Nah... but I do smile.
:D

I have a terrible poker face. Deal me an ace of spades and I'm gone
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS