Photo

Critical Hit Tokens + New Ship + UK stock levels.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

You can only get falcon and slave now if your willing to pay over the odds same with y-wing.

#22 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

You can only get falcon and slave now if your willing to pay over the odds same with y-wing.

Nah I know exactly where to get a Slave 1, I'm considering getting it on Saturday if there is still stock left. There are two very good gaming shops in Liverpool very close to each other that still have some stuff left. It's just not taken off yet - I'm trying to get organised play going at one of them.

#23 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Nah I know exactly where to get a Slave 1, I'm considering getting it on Saturday if there is still stock left. There are two very good gaming shops in Liverpool very close to each other that still have some stuff left. It's just not taken off yet - I'm trying to get organised play going at one of them.

I was going to be mean to scousers then it struck me, at least they are not French.

#24 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

I was going to be mean to scousers then it struck me, at least they are not French.

I just live here...I'm not one. And hey! I like the French...

#25 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hint of advice never buy expension in other language, even if you understand or able to figure it out. Whit my experience they are more expensive and mixe toghether they are a real chalange to figure out the specific wording.  Did this error whit Cosmic Enconter and Illuminatie.... :blink:  worst error in gaming life. From now on evrything in the same language, original if possible.

Sorry for the off topic reply but I have got to get this out.

Let me roll a dice to decide if I like random.

#26 tk426

tk426

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

During a Imdaar Alpha event in which a player forgot about his critical hits that would have resulted in a quicker win for his opponent I now make the players use them.

#27 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

I find the crit tokens so useful I designed some specific ones for the commonly forgotten ones:14923148009_cf67196e56_z.jpgAP Critical Hit Tokens by mbax, on Flickr

Really really good concept. I assume you are designing one token for each persistent effect?

#28 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

Well, ones I can figure out how to represent on a token within reason. There in always the general token for the rest.
  • MajorJuggler likes this

#29 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

If you could somehow reverse the color scheme (dark on light instead of vice versa), painting a bent arrow red would be a good way of symbolizing Damaged Engine. Minor Hull Breach and Stunned Pilot are really the biggest transgressors as far as forgetability is concerned, so it would be nice to have tokens for them (especially the latter).

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#30 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

I've never used a crit marker and likely never will of my own volition.

#31 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Never did eather but may do whit some well made and clear like those Hexis did.

Let me roll a dice to decide if I like random.

#32 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Well, ones I can figure out how to represent on a token within reason. There in always the general token for the rest.

I'm totally hijacking the thread now, but looking at the persistent critical hit effects we have:

• Structural Damage (reduce agility by -1)
  • Damaged Engine (treat all turns as red)
  • Console Fire (At start of combat, roll 1 attack die and suffer 1 damage on hit result)
  • Weapon Malfunction (reduce primary attack value by 1)
  • Damaged Sensor Array (can't perform actions in your action bar)
  • Minor Hull Breach (roll for hit damage after executing a red maneuver)
  • Damaged Cockpit (PS0)
  • Blinded Pilot (0 attack)
  • Injured Pilot (ignore pilot ability and pilot skill upgrade cards)
  • Stunned Pilot (suffer damage for overlapping)

So there are actually 10 different effects. It would be awesome if we had 10 unique tokens if they were all easily identifiable. I would totally buy multiple sets and use them.

AP makes great stuff, I have bought movement templates from Adam in the past and I am very happy with them. Painting the inserts is also not hard. If you use the right paint you can paint outside the cracks and then scrape it off later with no ill effects.

Edit: Some suggestions on what you could use for each:

• Structural Damage: as shown by Hexis
  • Damaged Engine: hard turn symbol + stress symbol
  • Console Fire: flame + hit symbol
  • Weapon Malfunction: as shown by Hexis
  • Damaged Sensor Array: crossed out eyeball
  • Minor Hull Breach: move / stress symbol + hit symbol (still thinking about this one)
  • Damaged Cockpit: as shown by Hexis
  • Blinded Pilot: number 0 + attack symbol
  • Injured Pilot: crossed out EPT symbol
  • Stunned Pilot: 2 square bases touching + hit symbol

Edited by MajorJuggler, 02 September 2014 - 09:30 AM.

• Hexis likes this

#33 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Should we just fire up a new thread?

#34 DigitalChicanery

DigitalChicanery

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

Just get those tokens available! :D

#35 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Should we just fire up a new thread?

That would be a great way to get community feedback!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS