Photo

Critical Hit Tokens + New Ship + UK stock levels.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

Because they seem like a complete waste of time to me.  I've never once forgotten to check for critical damage.  Any one else feel this way?

Next - what ship do I need next?  Is there anything you see missing that makes you go "WTF is this...why hasn't he got an X yet?"

2 Starter Sets

1 TIE

1 HWK

1 Shuttle

1 A-Wing

1 Interceptor

1 Advanced

Lastly, what is up with UK stock levels?  Are there any shortages in the US at the moment?

#2 OuterRimJob

OuterRimJob

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:33 AM

X-Wing Expansion... It will get you Wedge Antilles plus give you a third X-wing model.

I have not had any issues with stock here in the US. I live on the east coast and if I cannot find a specific piece at a local store, I have always been able to find it on Amazon.com.

Edited by OuterRimJob, 01 September 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#3 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:36 AM

X-Wing Expansion... It will get you Wedge Antilles plus give you a third X-wing model.

I'd love one.  See "UK stock levels" for why I don't yet.   <_<

But that's interesting, I expected someone to say B-Wing or Y-Wing before a 3rd x-wing.

#4 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

Any one else feel this way?

Nope,

I've had so many players forget the effects when the tokens weren't there.

• DagobahDave, madquest8, Forensicus and 1 other like this

#5 DigitalChicanery

DigitalChicanery

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:23 AM

I've never usered em (Crit tokens) - And after this past weekend I think I'm going to change that. Messed up giving myself the detriment a couple of times (to be fair, my opponent made mistakes that were in his favor as well). We just messed up a lot. LOL.

Edit: Stoopid typos.

Edited by DigitalChicanery, 02 September 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#6 atr127

atr127

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

wait till you play a tie swarm for the first time.  those crit tokens are essential for keeping track of who has taken what damage. 

#7 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:37 AM

wait till you play a tie swarm for the first time.  those crit tokens are essential for keeping track of who has taken what damage. 

But...that's what numbers are for?

The 3rd number goes on the card, and the damage assigned to that ship goes next to it's card.

#8 atr127

atr127

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

yes, thanks for that basic run down of how to use numbers, lol :D

my point is, when you are running seven ties, and three have different crits that affect movement, and they are all in a bundle in the middle, it can be very useful to know which three have the crits at a glance. 

EDIT: also, they are not just for you, they are for your opponent.  it is very useful to be able to remember that ship A has a damaged engine or that ship B is blinded as it can inform your next turn. 

Edited by atr127, 01 September 2014 - 04:46 AM.

• Forensicus likes this

#9 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:45 AM

Regarding the critical markers: most of the time you won't need them, but the one time you do forget will completely muck up a whole round, so better safe than sorry.

• nurglez and DigitalChicanery like this

The Fleet

6 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 4 A-wings - 2 B-wings - 3 E-wings - 4 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 6 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 2 TIE Defenders - 2 TIE Phantoms - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles

#10 Patriarch

Patriarch

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

You're missing the Millennium Falcon/YT 1300 and Slave 1/Firespray 31.  Two of the ships the UK hasn't had a problem with stocking...in fact the only two.

#11 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

You're missing the Millennium Falcon/YT 1300 and Slave 1/Firespray 31.  Two of the ships the UK hasn't had a problem with stocking...in fact the only two.

I can definitely source a Slave 1 - but no dice on the Falcon.  I can't find it anywhere.

#12 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

I find the crit tokens so useful I designed some specific ones for the commonly forgotten ones:

14923148009_cf67196e56_z.jpg
AP Critical Hit Tokens by mbax, on Flickr
  • Wacko, AlexW, Mu0n and 9 others like this

#13 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

That's probably one of the cooler sets of tokens I've seen so far. Do they come painted like that?

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#14 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

They are not available yet (soon), but I doubt they will come pre-painted. They are super easy to paint tho. I just do the design work.

#15 Jedhead

Jedhead

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't always use the critical hit tokens, and I have been known to forget.  Maybe it's time to pick up the habit of using them consistently. 

"Much the same sort of talk can still be heard among the orc-minded; dreary and repetitive with hatred and contempt, too long removed from good to retain even verbal vigour, save in the ears of those to whom only the squalid sounds strong."  -J.R.R. Tolkien

#16 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

I find the crit tokens so useful I designed some specific ones for the commonly forgotten ones:

14923148009_cf67196e56_z.jpg
AP Critical Hit Tokens by mbax, on Flickr

Those are brilliant

• Corellian Corvette likes this

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#17 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

They are not available yet (soon), but I doubt they will come pre-painted. They are super easy to paint tho. I just do the design work.

Eh, I'll probably pass then.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#18 Trebor Minntt

Trebor Minntt

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Because they seem like a complete waste of time to me.  I've never once forgotten to check for critical damage.  Any one else feel this way?

Next - what ship do I need next?  Is there anything you see missing that makes you go "WTF is this...why hasn't he got an X yet?"

2 Starter Sets
1 TIE
1 HWK
1 Shuttle
1 A-Wing
1 Interceptor
1 Advanced

Lastly, what is up with UK stock levels?  Are there any shortages in the US at the moment?

UK stock is pretty poor at the moment, aside from a few ships. It seems easy to get a Z95, or A-Wing but Falcons and Y-Wings are in short supply at tbe moment, at least with all the retailers I try. There was a thread a couple of dayx back that mentioned a UK site that still had Falcons in stock but I cant seen to find it right now.
Rebels and only Rebels- 5 x X-Wing, 2 x B-Wing, 1 x E-Wing, 3 x Z95 Headhunters, 1 x HWK 290, 1 x YT-1300, 1 x GR-75 Transport, 1 x Tantive IV.

#19 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

2 Starter Sets
1 TIE
1 HWK
1 Shuttle
1 A-Wing
1 Interceptor
1 Advanced

UK stock is pretty poor at the moment, aside from a few ships. It seems easy to get a Z95, or A-Wing but Falcons and Y-Wings are in short supply at tbe moment, at least with all the retailers I try. There was a thread a couple of dayx back that mentioned a UK site that still had Falcons in stock but I cant seen to find it right now.

That might have been me, there was one on ebay but it was going for £40.

#20 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

Australia has similar issues with stock.  Stores will have several copies of a few ships and nothing of anything else.  And then a few weeks later it will change as to what ships they have.  Except the HWK, there are always HWK's.

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS