Stock and reprints

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JasonRed3

JasonRed3

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

If you look at the FFG store, nearly everything is out of stock.  

In online and local stores, there are a few ships I simply cannot find... or their prices are inflated because of scarcity.  (I'd love to pick up a Falcon, especially since it has so many exclusive cards... but not for $50+)

I'm sure things are scheduled to be reprinted (one would hope) but has there been any sort of timeline or announcement?   

It'd be nice to know if/when the gouging on eBay will slack off and we can pick up some of the ships we want/need.

Thanks.

J

X-Wing forces:  

Light Side:​

Spoiler

Dark Side:​

Spoiler

LotR LCG Player, Blood Bowl Team Manager Fan

#2 perniciousducks

perniciousducks

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:22 AM

Just keep an eye on the "upcoming" page and filter by miniatures only. You can get an idea of timelines and projected releases. They usually hit the quarter they claim, especially with reprints.
  • Slugrage likes this
Rebels: 7 X-Wing, 6 Y-Wing, 10 A-Wing, 3 YT-1300, 9 B-Wing, 6 HWK-290, 3 GR-75, 1 CR-90, 8 Z-95, 3 E-Wing,

Imperial: 8 TIE/LN, 4 TIE/X1, 13 TIE/IN, 3 Firespray-31, 6 TIE/SA, 4 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE/D, 5 TIE Phantom

#3 Kerfuffin925

Kerfuffin925

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:24 AM

check Barns and Noble, mine had a few Falcons and other out of print boxes.

#4 TomasB

TomasB

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

I had been told the ffg ship is supposed to arrive this month. Also, the FFG website seems to be the first major website store to go out of stock everytime (and often long before anyone else).

#5 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

Q3 will see alot of restocking, it's annoying but they are gradually improving.

#6 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

The key thing is you generally can't afford to procrastinate with these things. The longer you take to decide on buying a new expansion, the more likely it is to be out of stock, when you finally decide to buy. Save your pennies, and grab the ships when they've got the stock, because once they're out of stock, it could be a while before they've got stock again.

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

#7 Sel Antilles

Sel Antilles

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

I know what you mean. The last time I checked, TIE Interceptors were about $25 dollars on Amazon.

Rebel Fleet 3 X-wings 2 Y-wings "wishbone" 1 YT-1300 Capital Ships 1 GR-75 "whale"

Imperial Forces 4 TIE Fighters "eyeball" 1 TIE Advanced "bright" 1 Firespray-31

Production Line  1 A-wing "slim" 1 TIE Interceptor "squint"

Fly Casual. :)

#8 Farseerixirvost

Farseerixirvost

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

Have you exhausted all the major online retailers outside ebay? WarStore, Miniature Market, Amazon, Atomic Empire, and etc.? They probably have the same issues, but it is at least worth a shot.

If I Live, I Will Kill You

If I Die, You Are Forgiven

Such Is The Rule Of Honor

#9 cyclopeatron

cyclopeatron

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

Like others have said, check Barnes & Noble. My local store has tons of out-of-print stuff including falcons and b-wings.

Some vendors on eBay are also selling oop small ships for normal prices. I just got an interceptor for $12.

This being said, these shortages suck for FLGSs. I would rather spend my money at my favorite game shop instead of at a chain or online... :/

#10 Andy1909

Andy1909

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

UK and local specific is a bit different, the only ships I haven't been able to lay my hands on in the past two weeks are the Falcon and the X wing expansion and even amazon UK has sold out on the latter. The game box is also available. Mind you, here we are lucky enough to have two shops literally 4 doors apart which sell X wing.

Still doesn't stop me moaning because I can't get those two sets mind you :-)

#11 JasonRed3

JasonRed3

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

A local store sold out of Falcons but had 20 (!) Lambdas in stock.  He said that he couldn't reorder as Falcons weren't available from his distributor at the moment.

Glad to know about B&N, I will check them out.

X-Wing forces:  

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Bathickey

Bathickey

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

coolstuffinc.com is usually in stock and pretty cheap.

8x Tie, 5x Bomber, 5x interceptor,  3x Firespray, 3x Defender, 2x Advanced, 2x Phantom, 1x Lambda

#13 Andy1909

Andy1909

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hey Bathickey,

Do you know how reliable coolstuffinc.com is? was looking at their site and it might be worthwhile me dropping them an order from the UK, even taking import duty into account.

If you don't know, anyone had any dealings with them, mail order?

Thnx

****JUST CHECKED, with their shipping costs it isn't***

Edited by Andy1909, 01 September 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#14 arcdodger

arcdodger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

just checked my account at coolstuffinc.com ..... I have spent a total of $1458 on their site.

they are reliable, I have received every order in a timely manner. (still waiting for preorder stuff)

prices are usually really good.

free shipping in the US for orders over $100

2x Core Set+    (Imperial) 2 TIE fighter, 1 TIE interceptor, 2 imperial aces, 2 TIE bombers, 1 TIE advanced, 1 lambda shuttle, 1 TIE defender, 2 TIE phantoms, 2 firespray-31, 1 decimator(preorder)

(rebel) 1 x-wing, 1 y-wing, 1 hwk-290, 1 a-wing, 2 b-wing, 2 e-wing, 4 z-95, 1 falcon, 2 reb. aces(preorder), 1 yt-2400(preorder)

(scum) 1 IG-2000(p/o), 1 most wanted(p/o), 2 starviper(p/o), 3 MA-3 interceptor(p/o) 

#15 JasonRed3

JasonRed3

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

I love them, but they've been out of the Falcon for over a month now, along with A-Wings... and I think I got their last Interceptor and B-Wings... (1 of each, my first)

Coolstuff is fantastic.

Still, I went into my FLGS and picked up 3 ships last week because I always try to balance saving money with keeping my FLGS in business. :)

X-Wing forces:  

Spoiler

Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS