any PAX battle reports?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Quarrel

Quarrel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

How did the tournament at PAX Prime turn out?

I didn't play, but I did roam the room during the second round. Here's what I recall seeing:

two 2x Falcon lists

one or two 1x Falcon lists

XXBB

XXYY

doomshuttle + Phantom + Defender

doomshuttle + Phantom + Phantom

doomshuttle + Phantom + 3x TIE Fighter

doomshuttle + I don't remember, except there were no Phantoms

(Three of the shuttles were Omicron + Vader. One was Omicron + Vader + FCS.)

#2 Kitran

Kitran

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

I was hoping to see a report today as well. I walked in and borrowed some minis, used Echo + Howlrunner mini swarm.

First time piloting a swarm. I did terrible as expected.

#3 doji

doji

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

Any idea on how many people made it

#4 inquisitor_bob

inquisitor_bob

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

We started with 15 players. The TO organized us into 2 pods. I think somebody joined in afterwards and became 16 players. Top 4 from each pod went into single eliminations.

FFG was handing out stuff like candies. FFG tossed out at least 6 translucent dice sets to random players. They also handed out R2 pins and 2 Wedge alt cards to every player. Top 8 players each received a FFG PAX Prime 2014 range ruler and a pack of focus tokens. Each round after that the winner received another pack of focus tokens. The overall winner got the Star Wars messenger bag.

2 players had double falcons. One ended up 2nd and another was, I believe, 3rd or 4th.

My buddy with Echo, Whisper and doom shuttle won the tournament. He lost one game in game 3 vs the 2 falcon list and ended up defeating both falcon lists in the finals.

#5 Kitran

Kitran

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

We started with 15 players. The TO organized us into 2 pods. I think somebody joined in afterwards and became 16 players. Top 4 from each pod went into single eliminations.

FFG was handing out stuff like candies. FFG tossed out at least 6 translucent dice sets to random players. They also handed out R2 pins and 2 Wedge alt cards to every player. Top 8 players each received a FFG PAX Prime 2014 range ruler and a pack of focus tokens. Each round after that the winner received another pack of focus tokens. The overall winner got the Star Wars messenger bag.

2 players had double falcons. One ended up 2nd and another was, I believe, 3rd or 4th.

My buddy with Echo, Whisper and doom shuttle won the tournament. He lost one game in game 3 vs the 2 falcon list and ended up defeating both falcon lists in the finals.

Wow, that's really awesome! I'd love to hear how he flew his ships. That's a list that I'd like to try sometime, but have almost no experience with the shuttle. :/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS