No Star Wars PDFs...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

Obvious reasons they would want to avoid creating PDFs if they could anyway.
A lot of people would download them thinking "I'll just see if its worth buying" or "its not out yet and I'm too curious" or "I don't want to pay $50 shipping to get a book to Australia"

People do this anyway. Not creating PDFs isn't even really slowing the black market down.

Exactly. I'm sure there's shady pdf's of every SWRPG book floating around somewhere, so I don't see why FFG can release an official one. I for one enjoy reading through the actual hardcovers, but during sessions it's just so much easier to ctrl+f something in a pdf.

Because they signed an agreement and are legally liable for sticking with it. Just because others are violating Copyright and Trademark laws by making and distributing copies doesn't mean that FFG can just ignore an agreement they have with someone, else they risk forfeiting the agreement and can't produce anything.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS