• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

urks ... yes i meant DELTA of course ...

Sir, rebel transports sighted \                              / Affirmative.                                                           

(-o-)  (-o-)    (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)    (-o-)  (-o-) 

Excellent! Gamma wing, prepare for torpedo run. We'll provide cover.

|-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   

#42 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Had a fun fight tonight using two onyx and mercenary, focused everything on coran first turn and didn't land one hit his evade dice smoked they were so hot, so it turned into a hairy furball three on three against two headhunters and a b-wing.

Used my PS 3 to do some tactical blocking with the firespray making him slam two ships into it, mercenary killed one Hunter point blank and the defenders worked over the b-wing.

Even with no upgrades they can put on the hurt once you learn how to move them you can outfly anything and never pick up stress.

#43 dotswarlock

dotswarlock

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Well, I tried my Rexler with push the limit + HLC with a Tie + wingman... and it was wonderful!  I used PTL 2/3 of the time that Rexler was in combat and dropped the stress every time thanks to his wingman.  I could either target lock + focus or focus + barrel roll to correct angles without any problems!  :)

• Hobojebus likes this

#44 kryzak

kryzak

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Just thought of one.

Rexler with PtL and HLC 47
Yorr 24
Jonus with wingman 24
5 points of ordnance or upgrades for Yorr for flavor.

#45 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

Just thought of one.

Rexler with PtL and HLC 47
Yorr 24
Jonus with wingman 24
5 points of ordnance or upgrades for Yorr for flavor.

My worry is that it will be easy for Yorr and Jonus to stick together, but not so much the Defender. Even the Range 1-2 leash on Yorr is going to be eaten up quickly when Brath starts flipping around in the knife fight or booming-and-zooming to pick up more HLC shots.

#46 kryzak

kryzak

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Actually, I've been flying Jonus and 2 defenders together enough now to keep them together. Yorr is mainly there as an opportunistic stress reliever. The range 1-2 is pretty good, especially in the beginning when it matters more.

Jonus can keep up long enough till after the first K-turn, and unless Rexler does multiple ones back to back, Jonus can be there. And if you happen to have Yorr on the other end of the K-turn, then you can get stress removed.

Ultimately it won't be a walk in the park to make it work, but Jonus is the actual wingman and Yorr is more of an insurance to give Rexler more options.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS