• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Looking for opinions:

If it takes two maneuvers to move from Long to Medium Range, at your table how do you handle moving one maneuver toward something you're at Long Range from?

Perhaps a character can't or doesn't want to spend two maneuvers but they want to move toward an enemy. They're at Long Range from that enemy. They move toward the enemy with one maneuver.

Do you just say "You're still at Long Range, but one more maneuver on your next turn will get you to Medium Range from them"?

That's how I've handled it in the past. Just wondering if there might be something I was missing.

Thanks!

• awayputurwpn likes this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#2 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Do you just say "You're still at Long Range, but one more maneuver on your next turn will get you to Medium Range from them"?

Yes

• New Zombie likes this

#3 evileeyore

evileeyore

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

That's how I've handled it in the past. Just wondering if there might be something I was missing.

Thanks!

That's how my group's been doing it... unless the enemy moves towards them they still need one more Move to Medium Maneuver.

#4 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Looking for opinions:

Depends on where you start "at Long Range". In most encounters we’ve been in, my GM has been explicit about which end of "Long Range" we’re at, and more often than not we’re just over the limit from "Medium Range", and therefore all it takes is one Maneuver to cross that range barrier.

Otherwise, I think we’d probably do it as you describe.

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

"Dice Probability Generator" by Litheon: http://community.fan...lity-generator/

#5 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

I actually made small printed tokens with images of each character and npc, then I took other tokens from the warhammer 3rd edition game we tried and used those to track range; ie I set up a room on a drawn map and then set the tokens down at intervals to represent general ranges. Thus players can then count the tokens between them and any object to determine their range from it. Thus it works like you said you've been doing it and I think that's fair since some movement should still be reflected with a spent maneuver

Edited by Dark Bunny Lord, 03 September 2014 - 01:48 AM.

• progressions likes this

#6 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yes

Unless that target is also moving :-)

• progressions likes this

#7 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

I treat it as a fluid thing. I like bradknowles' idea of having a "far end" and "close end" of long range; I've done that for my games before. It's like...yeeaaah you're at long range, but only just

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS