Photo

Scum and Villainy Podcast Episode 6 & 7.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Episode 6:http://teamcovenant....ainy-episode-6/
Welcome to the Scum and Villainy Podcast Episode 6. This is going to be our last episode with Scott Williams(AKA Mr Froggies) for a while. We will really miss having him on the show. It took me a while to get this episode cut, and the time sensitive material may be a bit out of date. I felt that we needed to make sure this episode with Mr Froggies was published. We are hopeful for his return, and we wish him well with his personal endeavors. Due to the delay I will actually be posting another episode later today. Please enjoy!

We cover the spoiled rebel aces, the galactic cup, and our favorite wave 4 squads.

Episode 7: http://teamcovenant....cast-episode-7/

The TH30-R157 Droid(AKA Theorist AKA Jeff Jones) Showcases his new voice modulator and joins us for this episode.  We discuss what we know of the new faction.  We have also made some technical changes to the show in an effort to streamline our release.  Please feel free to offer your feedback on audio quality.  Please enjoy!  We did.

Edited by Kelvan, 31 August 2014 - 01:12 PM.

• bcpravel, Veldrin, Parakitor and 6 others like this

#2 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Listening now, Mr. Froggies will be missed during his absence!

• bcpravel and Kelvan like this

#3 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Mrfroggies' post about time off:http://teamcovenant....taking-a-break/

#4 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

Edited the main post to include episode 7.

#5 Theorist Jeff

Theorist Jeff

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

For the record, this mouse droid has flames on the side to go faster. :P

"ODE TO WAVE 6"
I cannot wait
For IG-88.

#6 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'd be curious to see if any scum builds have already been considered. Feel free to post them here.

#7 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'd be curious to see if any scum builds have already been considered. Feel free to post them here.

Well, if the Bomb conversion for the Y-Wing is 0 points, I'm seriously considering:

5x Y-Wing + Seismic Charges

That's 40 hit points, with 10 attack dice, a decent dial, and nothing to get the opponent target priority. Not flashy, but it's solid and it works. Which is what the Y-Wing is supposed to be. :)

Other than that:

Prince Xizor + PTL + Virago + Sensor Jammer

Serissu + Wingman

3x Z-95s

Could be a very difficult little list. They want to kill Xizor as he's the threat, but with his ability and sensor jammer plus a reroll from Serissu and 5 HP, he's going to be very difficult to kill. And if they spend focus against him, they are vulnerable to attacks from the rest of the list. With Serissu having Wingman, Xizor can PTL every turn with impunity. So they'll have to take down Serissu first, but then they are focusing on the lower offensive threat in your list.

• Revanchist, Rakky Wistol and Vimnock like this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#8 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

Sable I love that second list.

#9 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Great minds think alike Sable... What are we calling this thing? Prince and paupers? Sleeping Viper (zzz)? Prince of Persia (seek fighter/Sikh)? Sandman (sleep, sand, viper)?

Edited by Rakky Wistol, 01 September 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#10 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

And are you assuming the z's will be 12 or 13?

#11 ramy

ramy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

Greg's volume needs to be a bit louder to be up with the rest of you.

It is worse in Episode 7 than 6 even.

Edited by ramy, 02 September 2014 - 07:40 AM.

• Digitalkiller and Rakky Wistol like this

#12 EvilEd209

EvilEd209

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

Listened to both shows over the Holiday, great stuff guys!  Theorist you are a good addition to the show!  Great shows as always guys!

Host
NOVA Squadron Radio
"Your home for competitive and tactical discussion on the X-Wing Miniatures Game" 
www.novasquadronradio.com

#13 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

I very much want to try ion cannons and bombs together.

Which Scum ship are you most excited about?

#14 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

Pending Forum Submission

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

I love you guys.
I have ships,
Pew Pew Pew

#15 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Assuming 12, which gives me a few points to play with. Not sure what to do with 4 points, but I fancy something illicit. ;)

• Parakitor likes this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#16 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:53 PM

Bodyguard would be nice but I'm not sure how to unlock it for 2pts. Instead of wingman if the starviper has enough green on the dial?

Also might upgrade a z to a m3-a if nothing pops.

#17 Theorist Jeff

Theorist Jeff

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

I've been pondering the merits of a really cheap HLC flank ship.

34 Serissu w/ PTL + Engine + HLC
60-65 (x5) Z-95

You should be able to, depending on match-up, form ranks behind your Z-95 wall to defend them. But this is more about Serissu's high PS 8 (trumping PTL Dash's PS 7) and access to PTL+HLC which is tremendous firewpower. I think the opponent cannot ignore x5 ATT 2 guns wading in to try and go after a squint-like ship that might not even hang around to meet them, so you can rain HLC shots for days. There are probably some other ways to support as well. I think x2 Star Vipers might be good there. I can't wait to get a better sense of costs on everything.

#18 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Assuming 12, which gives me a few points to play with. Not sure what to do with 4 points, but I fancy something illicit. ;)

I think they'll be 12 with the Illicit upgrade. In some respect PS 1 is better than 2, at least in terms of blocking and knowing you'll get your actions.

Most people don't play PS1 as much as I do...

#19 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

HLC Outrider may be the squad to beat in wave 5. I have run the numbers, and it is brutally cost efficient relative to a named YT-1300. I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but assuming the HLC always gets a shot (no range 1 "hole") the jousting efficiency increase from going from the YT-1300 to the HLC Outrider is bigger than going from an Outer Rim Smuggler to a named YT-1300.

Edited by MajorJuggler, 03 September 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#20 joyNvengeance

joyNvengeance

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

HLC Outrider may be the squad to beat in wave 5. I have run the numbers, and it is brutally cost efficient relative to a named YT-1300. I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but assuming the HLC always gets a shot (no range 1 "hole") the jousting efficiency increase from going from the YT-1300 to the HLC Outrider is bigger than going from an Outer Rim Smuggler to a named YT-1300.

Im with you sir.  I think we are going to continue having a mini swarm + anchor ship meta.  Wave 4 was a bit atypical with all the high PS and flankers running the show and YT's.  I think its decimator + mini swarm and/or Outrider HLC and bandits in our xwing futures.  I'm looking forward to it because those are the kind of lists I enjoy flying. Also, we will get some variety when it comes to the anchor + mini swarm lists.  Right now it just feels like phantom list or YT with support which is a bit boring to me.  I hate high PS lists.  I'm imperial at heart...swarm with good tactics and cheap ships. 

I can't wait to see what kind of disruption exists in the Scum and Villainy faction.  Disruptive tactics are why I like flying low ps swarmy lists.  There has been a lot of work to counter the tie swarm, and I think that with those counters we lost a few disrupiton mechanics.  Blocking isn't as effective, and that was the tactic to use if you enjoyed actively frustrating your opponent.  With all the new stress mechanics, Ion Torps and HWK290 revamp coming, I hope that we get to see some really complex support tactics.

Edited by joyNvengeance, 03 September 2014 - 09:37 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS