FFG Online Game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

Boy, This is tough. I have been all over roll20 looking for a game and all the posts are undated or not organized. Is there anyone here GMing or that can point me to a game. I have been looking at this for weeks and my son has been to busy with school to play. I have played D&D in the past (3rd ED) and I think i have kinda a handle on this.

#2 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

http://community.fan...oogle-hangouts/

We can use one more player.

Edited by Daeglan, 31 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#3 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Funny, I got email alerts about your post and this post one after the other:

http://community.fan...view=getnewpost

Seems they're recruiting for "militaristic" Roll20 game, if that piques your interest!

#4 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Funny, I got email alerts about your post and this post one after the other:

http://community.fan...view=getnewpost

Seems they're recruiting for "militaristic" Roll20 game, if that piques your interest!

Oh hey, that's me!  :D

#5 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hey guys, I kept looking on the roll20 forums looking for a group to join and wasn't having any luck so I posted on the FFG forums and Daeglan was kind enough to point out that you needed another. I am not experienced with FFG but do have experience with AD&D 2nd (D, I thought it was 3rd but got to thinking that it has been a long time, am I showing my age?). I am still going through the thread and trying to figure out what career I want to start in, or better yet, what do we need? I really don't want to be useless in a fight, but I know we need some tech also. If it helps, I have the EotE Core and really don't want play a Jedi yet.

#6 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

What is more important is what would you like to play?

What kind of characters do you like to play. I can probably direct you towards an appropriate career

#7 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hey guys, I kept looking on the roll20 forums looking for a group to join and wasn't having any luck so I posted on the FFG forums and Daeglan was kind enough to point out that you needed another. I am not experienced with FFG but do have experience with AD&D 2nd (D, I thought it was 3rd but got to thinking that it has been a long time, am I showing my age?). I am still going through the thread and trying to figure out what career I want to start in, or better yet, what do we need? I really don't want to be useless in a fight, but I know we need some tech also. If it helps, I have the EotE Core and really don't want play a Jedi yet.

What you're describing sounds to me like a Bounty Hunter career with the Gadgeteer specialization. So that's where I'd start if I were trying to build what you're describing (decent fighting skills, technical ability). Biggest thing to watch for is characteristics. Make sure they let you be good at what you want to do, and also if you're looking to compliment the group, the best way to do that is through characteristics. In other words, don't take a 4 in a characteristic if someone else already has a 4...find another characteristic to be your strongest, and in doing so you can shore up those weak areas in the group.

Edited by awayputurwpn, 31 August 2014 - 04:57 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS