Rolling 7 attack dice?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 AgentV

AgentV

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Lots of potential, also very vulnerable to losing a ship and having the whole combo destroyed

#22 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

So I was bored and decided to play around with a ship builder, and I realized something. Using Opportunist and Jan Ors, it is possible to get advanced proton torpedoes to roll up to 7 attack dice on an attack. Yeah you need quite abit of setup in order to be practical, but here is something I was thinking of

Keyan Farlander — B-Wing 29
Opportunist 4
Advanced Proton Torpedoes 6

Jan Ors — HWK-290 25
Ion Cannon Turret 5

Wes Janson — X-Wing

With 2 points left over. My rationale for no munitions fail safe is that you are guaranteed at least 1 hit with the setup, unless god hates you that is. Wouldn't be able to comment on how viable it is, but I think it would be pretty fun to possibly 1 shot almost every regular ship

While this is possible, it's a one-off attack.  I'd rather load out to get a lot of dice often than a huge number of dice once.  For example:

Keyan Farlander

++HLC

++Opportunist

Wes Janson

++Veteran Instincts

Hobbie Klivian

++R2-D6

++Opportunist

OR

Wedge Antilles

++Opportunist

Keyan Farlander

++Opportunist

Wes Janson

++Veteran Instincts

++R3-A2

In the first, Keyan always gets 5 focused dice, usually Target Locked also, and denies range bonus.  Hobbie easily clears his own stress and gets 4 dice any range and 5 Range 1.

In the second, Wes Strips a token and stresses target, Wedge does what Wedge does, and Keyan flies away unstressed.  2 Points for maybe a Flechette.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS