• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 patox

patox

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

pic2222261.jpg

• Mikael Hasselstein, Sarone, The Amazing Flight Lizard and 6 others like this

#2 BaronFel

BaronFel

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Errr...ok?

1.) Why not put these into one thread?

2.) What are they from? What makes this canonical?

3.) Why are you posting them? A picture is a worth a thousand words, but I don't know which 1,000 you're drawing upon. Do you want these ships made? Do you think they are being made?

4.) Do you prefer two breakfast tacos or one breakfast burrito?
"I am Captain Soontir Fel. I will teach you how to fly and how to survive. If you think you know better than me, all I can teach you to do is die." - Baron Soontir Fel

#3 Bakura83

Bakura83

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Errr...ok?

3.) Why are you posting them? A picture is a worth a thousand words, but I don't know which 1,000 you're drawing upon. Do you want these ships made? Do you think they are being made?

1) Good Question.

2) They are from the new "Rebels" TV show, and yes, are now strict canon.

3) Good Question(s).

4) Strange Question.

#4 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hmm that kills any hope it'll be the epic imperial ship them if 64 meters is the Canon length.

#5 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Errr...ok?

1) Good Question.

2) They are from the new "Rebels" TV show, and yes, are now strict canon.

3) Good Question(s).

4) Strange Question.

Jar Jar Binks is also strict canon but you don't see us hoping for him to show up.

• Sarone, Flamestalker and SithShadowPirate like this

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

#6 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hmm that kills any hope it'll be the epic imperial ship them if 64 meters is the Canon length.

64m would be about 9.3in at the same scale as the starfighters--plenty big enough to justify the Epic treatment, or at any rate, a few inches bigger than the Decimator, which is currently our biggest ship in the standard format.

#7 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, best case I think is a model that stays 1/270 scale and is about the size of the transport.
  • Flamestalker, berusplants, Captain Lackwit and 1 other like this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#8 Kentucky Fried Ewok

Kentucky Fried Ewok

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

At first I hoped that whatever the Imperial huge ship FFG eventually released would have the classic "wedge" shape, this Gozanti class ship is growing on me. Have to wait and see.

• Sarone likes this

Ban nuclear weapons, they take the fun out of napalm.

#9 Rob Jedi

Rob Jedi

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

It's so odd that the official measurements seem inconsistent with the way it's shown on screen, the Clone Wars one scaled to 93.4 meters going by its comparison with a LAAT. I don't think you can fit 4 TIEs under a 63.8 meter version.
  • SithShadowPirate likes this
Rob_Jedi's Miniature Painting Blog My Repaints Armored Hull YT-1300 Imperial Transport
Rebels: Ax6 Bx6 Ex3 CRx1 GRx1 Hx2 Xx6 Yx3 YTx3 YTx1 Zx6
Empire: FSx3 LSx1 TAx2 TBx2 TDx2 TFx7 TIx7 TPx1 VTx1

#10 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

On screen depictions are the absolute worst basis for precise measurements. You can get a general idea of how big something is supposed to be from them, but perspective and angle issues make trying to determe anything remotely reliable impossible, and that is multiplied by a factor of 10 when it comes to animation where things are likely to not even be drawn the same size from frame to frame.
  • Mikael Hasselstein, Flamestalker and Plainsman like this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#11 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Let me try my hand at these questions

1. Because these ships deserve their own thread. I'm sure you'll get over the inconvenience.

2. They're from SW:Rebels. I'm guessing this is from the new Visual Guide.

3. He's probably posting them because they're candidates for inclusion into our game. There was commentary at GenCon about the inlcusion of stuff from Rebels. Given that an Imperial Huge has to be in the works, this one in particular is at the top end of the short list.

4. I guess that depends on the particular interpretation of those terms. In So. Texas  'taco' is a soft-shell tortilla at roughly 10" diameter, whereas elsewhere they're about 5" diameter. Given that burrito is not that much bigger, it becomes a question of how hungry you are.  ... I'll have one lengua taco and the other barbacoa.

• Flamestalker and BaronFel like this

#12 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

DUDE!!!!.. not the lengua.. blech.. I don't want my food tasting me back.. that's naaaaasty.. 

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

"Hahaha. Very funny, at least I only hit the enemy target, Ya collateral bastard."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice 181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#13 patox

patox

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

pic2222388.png

pic2222387.jpg

• The Amazing Flight Lizard, berusplants, Joe Boss Red Seven and 5 others like this

#14 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

DUDE!!!!.. not the lengua.. blech.. I don't want my food tasting me back.. that's naaaaasty.. 

Hm, if you're squeamish, you might also want to object to the barbacoa. While we're at it, want some menudo?

#15 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hm, if you're squeamish, you might also want to object to the barbacoa.

Depends on who's making it, really. I've had barbacoa in the Yucatan made from a pork shoulder, which was pretty tasty. As I understand it, it's "supposed" to be made from beef cheek, but since it's peasant food (not a judgment, but a culinary origin) that really means it's made from whatever part of the cow you happen to have handy.

I do, however, draw the line at dishes made from tripe.

#16 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

yeah.. no to the menudo as well.. I don't eat boy bands.. lol.. the barbacoa well.. parts is parts.. but tripe and tongue are out.. 

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

"Hahaha. Very funny, at least I only hit the enemy target, Ya collateral bastard."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice 181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#17 gabe69velasquez

gabe69velasquez

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

pic2222388.png

pic2222387.jpg

Nice work, but it seems to me like a cute coincidence as I was under the impression that FFG was using the canon length of 8.99 meters: http://www.starwars....ank/tie-fighter
Spoiler
Spoiler

#18 Plainsman

Plainsman

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

They are taller than they are long...

I believe the height is 8.9 m while the length is 6.4 m.

Edited by Plainsman, 30 August 2014 - 11:42 PM.

Plainsman :) plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com
Imperials: Ties x 5, Interceptors x 5, Advanced x 1, Bomber x 6, Defender x 2, Firespray x 1, Shuttle x 1, VT49 x 2, Phantoms x 5,
Rebels: XWings x 4, YWings x 2, BWing x 3, AWing x 3, EWing x 2, Z95 x 5, YT1300 x 2, YT2400 x 2, HWK290 x 2,
GR75 x 1, CR90 x 1

#19 patox

patox

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide has TIE Fighters at 5.3 meters. So maybe we're all wrong. Then again, the TIE Fighters in Rebels might be an earlier iteration and smaller than the Luke Skywalker TIE's.

Doing the math, the TIE miniature model is 3.3 cm in length. If it's 1/270 scale, that puts it in the 8.9m range.

Edit: For math

Edited by patox, 31 August 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#20 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

pic2222388.png

pic2222387.jpg

Give that man a cigar!

;)

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 6 B-WING: 6 E-WING: 3 HWK-290: 1 X-WING: 6 Y-WING: 5 Z-95: 6 YT-1300: 1 YT-2400: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1 TIE BOMBER: 3 TIE DEFENDER: 4 TIE FIGHTER: 7 TIE INTERCEPTOR: 10 TIE PHANTOM: 3 DECIMATOR: 2 LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1 HWK-290: 3 IG-2000: 0 M3-A: 0 STAR VIPER: 0 Y-WING: 1 Z-95: 1]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS