New Blog: The End May Be Dark

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

I have been a Lord of the Rings LCG player since launch, but this is my first post in the FFG forums (I think...). With a massive back-load of quests to work through (41 to be exact), I've started at the beginning and am chronicling my journey at:

The End May Be Dark

Beyond serving as accountability for myself, I hope this will appeal to new players and to players stuck on certain quests.

Let me know here any feedback you have on the blog in general and post on the blog any feedback you have about specific quests.

Thank you! I'll try to be a bit more involved in this side of the community (and not just BGG) in the future.

(put this in the wrong section initially. My apologies!)

• Narsil0420, karagh, shipwreck and 1 other like this

#2 ruferto

ruferto

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Oh! I'm making something similar. But I'm not an expert player, I'm a newbie and I'm writting my post from this point of view. I'm playing, mainly, using 1 core and including the cards available when the adventure pack was available.

• MightyRauros likes this

#3 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

I look forward to seeing more! I'm sorta in your boat. I really wish I had time to do this sort of thing.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#4 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Oh! I'm making something similar. But I'm not an expert player, I'm a newbie and I'm writting my post from this point of view. I'm playing, mainly, using 1 core and including the cards available when the adventure pack was available.

It's pretty apparent early on that neither am I. But I"m committed to sticking it out and making it work! Most of the knowledge I have on how to play the game is trial and error. Hopefully the blog will help take a little error out for others.

• ruferto likes this

#5 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

I look forward to seeing more! I'm sorta in your boat. I really wish I had time to do this sort of thing.

Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to do it in the evenings after the day is done and a few nights have ended up lasting pretty late. My goal was to get through the Core set before letting others know about the attempt. I'm pretty excited to blaze through more this weekend, but I expect the pace to mellow out a bit as it goes on.

#6 ruferto

ruferto

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

It's pretty apparent early on that neither am I. But I"m committed to sticking it out and making it work! Most of the knowledge I have on how to play the game is trial and error. Hopefully the blog will help take a little error out for others.

That is my goal as well. :)

This game is amazing. I don't care if I lose, because I enjoy so much. Now I'm on the second mission (Journey along the Anduin), and this afternoon I'm gonna make my 5th attempt, the second one in easy mode. I think easy mode is a hidden "one play standard mode" for one player with some quests. 

Edited by ruferto, 30 August 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#7 Anders1

Anders1

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

Interesting. I'd love to see you not using Glorfindel in every quest... :) You wrote that you don't usually include him, that makes the game more interesting.

#8 jormungandr

jormungandr

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

Great! I love blogs like these. It's really an asset to the community. Thanks for your hard work!

#9 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:23 AM

Interesting. I'd love to see you not using Glorfindel in every quest... :) You wrote that you don't usually include him, that makes the game more interesting.

I know. I felt like I was setting up a bad standard using him twice in a row in the first three quests. I tried switching with Frodo, but it just didn't work right. And for solo, one-handed Dol Guldur, beggars can't be choosers. Can't say I won't bring him out on a future quest where low threat and high power is needed, but I'll try to set him aside for a while.

#10 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

The next post is up! Tackling The Hunt for Gollum

#11 FetaCheese

FetaCheese

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Nice stuff, keep it up.

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

enjoying the quick good reads, all the best

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#13 MightyRauros

MightyRauros

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

The half-way point has been reached: 21 quests completed! 

• jormungandr and joezim007 like this

#14 silverthorn

silverthorn

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Nice blog., I've been considering doing the same thing so I might give it a go.

#15 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:09 AM

Great stuff! Always happy to see a new addition to community productions.

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS