56 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

SERIOUSLY Fantasy Flight Games FRIENDS.

The forum is getting very nasty and a lot of us do not like it. The general forum is an absolute zoo now. I have been here for a year and until recently I never had anyone on ignore. A lot of us love X-WING because of the art, models, and general esthetics of it all.

We want a sub-forum to go relax and look at pretty pictures of cool models. We want to chat with our fellow FANTASY FLIGHT STAR WARS MINIATURES MODEL COLLECTORS AND CONVERTERS in peace... thanks!

We are getting tired of sifting among the complaining and not at all casual postings in several of these asinine topics posted in the general forum (where modeling topics must go currently)... it is not cool... at all.

It is getting hard to even find any cool hobby topics here in fact.

:mellow:

I have supported this game with well over a thousand dollars in FFG X-Wing and EPIC product purchases, as have many of my fellow Wingers.

Now dammit we want to be able to hang out with our own crazy breed of diehard super serious fellow X-Wingers!!!

How about it FFG... already?

:)

Much love from one of your biggest "I ain't here to fool about with dumb-stuff " supporters.

Joe Boss

• Dullspork, Sarone, jme and 11 others like this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

I'm ambivalent on the whole, but I'll note that there are six such topics on the front page right now.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#3 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

Could it be a painting and custom model sub-forum?  I'd support that. 

Do you want your sub-forum posts to also show up in the general forum feed?  

• Sarone likes this

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#4 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'm ambivalent on the whole, but I'll note that there are six such topics on the front page right now.

... and that is five to many.

That'll do just fine.

^_^

Heck no!

:o

Keep them in their own sub-forum. That is the issue now Bro. The cool custom model, custom terrine, and painting topics all get lost the same day that they are posted on the main forum.

EDIT: hold up you said also show up. Yeah that would work, if it is easy for FFG to do it like that... dunno.

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven, 29 August 2014 - 04:53 AM.

• gabe69velasquez and Plainsman like this

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#5 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

... and that is five to many.

That'll do just fine.

^_^

Heck no!

:o

Keep them in their own sub-forum. That is the issue now Bro. The cool custom model, custom terrine, and painting topics all get lost the same day that they are posted on the main forum.

You do realize your worry is irrelevant right?

You want to see custom models, you head to the subforum with one click.

You dont want to see custom models, you just never click it.  

You want to see custom models occasionally... thankfully they can be set to appear in your main general forum feed.  

You dont' want to see custom models unless you really want to:  set them to not appear in the main general forum feed.  Everyone wins?  

• gabe69velasquez likes this

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#6 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

When we actually have a sub-forum so we can go there it will be great.

#7 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Stop reading and star posting in the affirmative gang...

• Plainsman likes this

#8 melminiatures

melminiatures

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

As one of the guys that posts "pretty pictures of models" I agree that a sub forum would be nice.

• Sarone, Millennium Falsehood, Joe Boss Red Seven and 3 others like this

#9 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Got my vote

Empire: 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Tie/Int, 2 Imperial Aces  4 Tie/B, 2 Firespray-31, 3 Lambda

Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 4 B-wing, 1 Yt-1300, 2 HWK-290, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#10 dojimaster

dojimaster

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

PLEASE..... do it for the children!

#11 YwingAce

YwingAce

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

"Here we go again"

I'm all for it though.......

• Sarone likes this

Rebel Alliance: 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 Hwk-290, 1 Yt-1300, 1 E-wing

Imperial Navy: 4 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" - Wraith Squadron motto

GREEDO SHOT FIRST! *Ducks under cover*

#12 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

I doubt FFG would do a customs subforum. Repaints, sure, but I can't see them promoting and actively endorsing buying stuff from Shapeways instead of them.

#13 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

We need a caps lock sub-forum for Joe Bob Color Number.  :D

• NotBatman, Joe Boss Red Seven and YwingAce like this

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#14 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

We need a caps lock sub-forum for Joe Bob Color Number.  :D

I am your favorite colored number.

;)

#15 Stinger07

Stinger07

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Yes, more subforums.

#16 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

I doubt FFG would do a customs subforum. Repaints, sure, but I can't see them promoting and actively endorsing buying stuff from Shapeways instead of them.

It is more in the spirit of guys converting FFG models into other ships like all of the crazy YT freighter variants say...

• Sarone likes this

#17 gabe69velasquez

gabe69velasquez

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

my way of cheering you on.

15036995611_7f3ab6230b_o.gif

• Sarone, Joe Boss Red Seven and Plainsman like this
Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

It is more in the spirit of guys converting FFG models into other ships like all of the crazy YT freighter variants say...

Rendering them tournament illegal. It's not a bad idea, I just can't see FFG doing it.

#19 jme

jme

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yes to subforum, please.

#20 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Rendering them tournament illegal. It's not a bad idea, I just can't see FFG doing it.

You might be right, but there is a large part of the hobby which has absolutely nothing to do with tournaments...

• Sarone, gabe69velasquez and JJFDVORAK like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS