Photo

What's next? I am guessing a region book like suns of fortune..

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Yeah. once the Career books are done for one of the core books it opens up options for what to do with those creative resources.

#102 EliasWindrider

EliasWindrider

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

Looking forward to the Verpine in a Technician book.

Hey, do y'all think there'll only be three sector books for the EotE line? Going by the formula:

• Adventure
  • Career
  • Sector
  • Career
That equals three adventures and three sector books until all the career (splat) books are out. Perhaps then, when the EotE line has run dry, they'll continue the formula for AoR and F&D (as they're already doing with AoR), and then after that (if we're lucky), convert to universal, all-system 'Star Wars Roleplaying' books?
Or they can replace the career book gap with something else. Perhaps an era book that could discuss running edge games in other eras. Perhaps a GM book.
Who says they can't add new careers beyond what's in the core book? Or maybe they could circle around again for another 3 specializations per career... notice that they "named" the books "enter the unknown" "dangerous covenants" and "far horizons" not "the complete (explorer/hired gun/colonist)" actually I'd guess that they would take a third (core, 1st career, 2nd career) pass at each career, probably not a fourth pass (3rd career) though. This isn't like D&D because in D&D (3.5) you could conceivably have one class per level, but in FFG star wars you can only have 3 specializations, so there is less risk of broketastic combos but bounty hunter:assassin + soldier:sharpshooter is pretty awesome.

Edited by EliasWindrider, 16 September 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#103 Spraug

Spraug

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

While it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Edge, both Age and Force could see a Villain Side sourcebook.

Ahm, why? Whichever crime syndicate you might work for, the otters suddenly don't like you anymore and whereas you have one set opponent in AoR in EotE you get a pick of all the scum an villainy. So, yes, it would make a LOT of sense imho to get a villain sourcebook for EotE.

#104 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

This isn't like D&D because in D&D (3.5) you could conceivably have one class per level, but in FFG star wars you can only have 3 specializations, so there is less risk of broketastic combos but bounty hunter:assassin + soldier:sharpshooter is pretty awesome.

They removed the 3 specialization limit during the beta for Edge of the Empire

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#105 EliasWindrider

EliasWindrider

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

I'll have to reread the core book I thought I saw it in there

#106 Jamwes

Jamwes

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

While it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Edge, both Age and Force could see a Villain Side sourcebook.

Ahm, why? Whichever crime syndicate you might work for, the otters suddenly don't like you anymore and whereas you have one set opponent in AoR in EotE you get a pick of all the scum an villainy. So, yes, it would make a LOT of sense imho to get a villain sourcebook for EotE.

Also Imperials would be a villian too. EotE Imperials would be on how they work the laws to stop the illegal smuggling and other activities. AoR Imperials would be on how they run the war against the Rebels.

I'm surprised that the region books don't have a talent tree. I would've expected some sort of a pilot type tree in the Corellia book. The hotshot pilot type tree in the new AoR book sounds like it would've been perfect.

I'm also surprised that there haven't been more weapon mods or cybernetics. I would enjoy an equipment book.

#107 Jame Rowe

Jame Rowe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

I'm still waiting for the Mechanic splatbook to come out.

• knasserII likes this

#108 jivjov

jivjov

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Well, Age of Rebellion & Force and Destiny both have pretty explicit villain factions; the Empire and Sith/Dark Jedi. With Edge of the Empire, the game is geared to you already being on the grey side, the fringe elements. Now, you don't necessarily have to be, but that's just the general feel. There's not really a clear villain faction for Edge of the Empire that isn't already pretty well covered by the existing game. 

#109 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Also Imperials would be a villian too. EotE Imperials would be on how they work the laws to stop the illegal smuggling and other activities. AoR Imperials would be on how they run the war against the Rebels.

I'm surprised that the region books don't have a talent tree. I would've expected some sort of a pilot type tree in the Corellia book. The hotshot pilot type tree in the new AoR book sounds like it would've been perfect.

I'm also surprised that there haven't been more weapon mods or cybernetics. I would enjoy an equipment book.

Region books don't have career stuff. That is for the Career books.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS