Photo

What's next? I am guessing a region book like suns of fortune..

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

What pattern? It's not like they're going in alphabetical order or anything.

My guess is they'll have a bunch of meetings and determine whatever they think is the right book to publish next.

• RLogue177 likes this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#42 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

EotE

First release. Adventure Beyond the Rim
Second release Splat Book-enter the unknown.
Third Release Region book Suns of Fortune
Fourth Book Splat book Dangerous Covenants
Fifth Book Jewel of Yavin

Sixth book Splat book Far Horizons

AoR
First Release Adventure Arda1
Second release Ace Splat book.

Do you see the pattern?

#43 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Sorry, I don't really see the pattern still.

Are you saying that because the first two things released for Age of Rebellion are an Adventure and a Career book, that the AOR releases will necessarily follow the same structure as the releases for Edge of the Empire did?

#44 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

No.
I am saying so far they are following the same pattern as they have done for edge. And yes i know it is not definitive.  But it is still a pattern. And a pattern is something you can use to get an educated guess.

#45 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

I'm not sure two data points makes a pattern though. Still, anything could happen. We'll just find out whenever they announce whatever the next thing is for whatever game.

#46 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

It is not 2 data points. It is 8 data points.

#47 Simon Fix

Simon Fix

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

It looks like the start of a pattern to me.

EOTE:  Adventure > Splat > Region > Splat > Adventure > Splat...

AOR:  Adventure > Splat...

• RLogue177 and Daeglan like this

There is no signature here.

#48 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

I guess we'll see...

• RLogue177 likes this

#49 ayures

ayures

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'm probably the only one, but I'd love to see a book involving Separatist holdouts. Beyond the Rim was cool, but I want more now.

• Raistlinrox, Jamwes, kaosoe and 1 other like this

#50 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

I'm probably the only one, but I'd love to see a book involving Separatist holdouts. Beyond the Rim was cool, but I want more now.

I would too. I would love to see some of the CIS ships in the FFG RPG especially ones we know of that never appeared on screen though some of their big guns, which were pretty much the only CIS capital ships you saw on screen outside of a few in video games, would be nice too

• Spraug and ayures like this

#51 jivjov

jivjov

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm still just impressed that Bounty Hunter and Smuggler weren't the first two career supplements off the presses for Edge. Don't get me wrong, I'm super pleased with the Explorer and Colonist books (Hired Guns are pretty Meh for me, but one of my players loves it) but I figured they'd rush out the "Han and Fett" career books first.

Seeing Aces come up as the first Age splat feels so natural to me.

Anyway, more on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Edge book release was a more general rules supplement like Suns of Fortune. Maybe something dealing with the Core worlds? Bringing your fringe party to the civilized centers of the galaxy and making your way around the upper crust?

• progressions and I. J. Thompson like this

#52 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Suns of Fortune was about a sector in the Core Worlds. I hope that the next setting book (whether Edge or Age) covers something far from the Core Worlds. My hopes are still for Hutt Space or Corporate Sector for Edge and Bothan Space for Age.

• knasserII likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#53 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

I'd love a Coruscant book for any of the three CRB... However I think it would be more suitable for F&D.

#54 Hampulina93

Hampulina93

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

I'm hoping for a shipwright spec when Mechanic comes but that would probably suit Engineer better then Mechanic. More detailed ship modding rules would be great though..

Mechanic is already pretty hard set on repair but I suppose it could fit, most people on the Outer Rim don't go to a shipyard, they go find a mechanic.

They have announced a Rigger spec for Stay On Target which seems to be focused on modding vehicles, if they are going to reprint it in EotE the Technician book would be the place for it.

• progressions and Jamwes like this

#55 ayures

ayures

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

I would too. I would love to see some of the CIS ships in the FFG RPG especially ones we know of that never appeared on screen though some of their big guns, which were pretty much the only CIS capital ships you saw on screen outside of a few in video games, would be nice too

If it doesn't make it into EotE, it could also be worked into AoR. The last of the holdouts ended up joining the rebellion.

#56 Spraug

Spraug

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

YES - YES - YES!  There is so much background possible here. Whenever the Rebels com pain about the Empire, the Ex-Separatists just go "You see? That is EXACTLY what we complained about twenty years ago!"

Somebody mentioned this before, but it is a lot like the Browncoats from Firefly, if you look beyond the huge consortia like the Trade Federation and just look at the people of the small/unimportant fringe worlds.

Also the CIS had some great ships (like the Munificent) and - as some artwork illustrates - quite a few of them made it into Rebel hands, so I can also see a supplement on Separatist Hold-outs.

I'm still just impressed that Bounty Hunter and Smuggler weren't the first two career supplements off the presses for Edge. Don't get me wrong, I'm super pleased with the Explorer and Colonist books (Hired Guns are pretty Meh for me, but one of my players loves it) but I figured they'd rush out the "Han and Fett" career books first.

Seeing Aces come up as the first Age splat feels so natural to me.

Anyway, more on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Edge book release was a more general rules supplement like Suns of Fortune. Maybe something dealing with the Core worlds? Bringing your fringe party to the civilized centers of the galaxy and making your way around the upper crust?

Yes, you are right, but with Stay on Target they want to get their new line to sell as well as the "established one" and they hold off on Bounty Hunter & Smuggler, because they are the most epic ones and the others sell better if BH and Smug are not yet available.

• ayures likes this

#57 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Well some of the Separatist holdouts joined the Alliance at least.  The Essential Guide to Warfare makes it clear that some holdouts did join the Alliance, and some loosely allied themselves with the Alliance (To formally join the Alliance the holdouts were required to publicly disavow the Separatist movement and cause, Something that many of those who still fighting for it when the Alliance formed weren't willing to do.) while other saw the Alliance as another enemy, and the section describing the Separatist holdouts in the AOR Core book fits with the above,

Edited by RogueCorona, 01 September 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#58 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Not a suprise since the Alliance made it a big deal that they wanted to re-establish the Old Republic. Why should you help those new guys that want to restore your old enemy?

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#59 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

They did not hate the idea of the Republic. They hated the corruption. With the Rebellion they hope to rebuild the ideal.

• RLogue177 and ayures like this

#60 RLogue177

RLogue177

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

Also, I feel like a lot of the dogma of the Separatists came from Dooku and his leadership. Dooku, of course, was Palpatine's apprentice and together they were fomenting civil war just so that they could rid the galaxy of the Jedi and put the Sith back on top.  Without Dooku's persuasion, the more rational of any surviving Seppie hold outs and supporters would certainly go along with restoring the Republic if they thought (or demanded) they would be a part of the new governing body.

• ayures likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS